• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ForOffRoadDriving's 94 Ranger Build

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
so over my 4 day weekend i managed to make a few more mods to the ranger, unfortunately they dont included finished tail light guards. the first mod was an interior mod, i was lucky enough to match the interior almost perfectly.

after i played around with the car seat for a while and got side tracked from what i was really doing (helping my dad trouble shoot his stereo and speakers in the purple ranger); i made up a template for my bumper and tire carrier so that i can keep it open when i need to use the bed extender.

after driving up to work with the gate bolted in the open position i decided that id like to be able to remove the bracket without needing 2 9/16 wrenches, so i stopped by the hardware store on the way back home and picked up some clevis pins and wire clips (after i removed the driveshaft in the parking lot at work so that i could use our press to replace the carrier bearing which was growling, which also lead to replacing a worn out u-joint).

i bought a different pin for the bumper anchor, but i didnt like how it fit so i picked up another wire pin today that im going to drill for a hair pin clip like the others have.

Last edited:

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i just had to play with the little XR since the sun was out, so i took it to the car wash to wash off the evidence of the fun i had last week.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
on my lunch break i added a pair of gussets and drilled the short pin to accept the hair pin clip. when i was showing my co-workers the pics earlier they commented that i needed some kind of flag on the end of the swing to avoid any unwanted attention from johnny law, so being a hi-tech redneck i had a solution!

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I think the one problem you might have is that your light is being blocked by the tire, if the wrong police gets behind you, it can be a problem.

But any who, nice work on the truck.

Robert

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i had thought about that, but theres really no way around it so ill just have to be mindful of what im doing ( aka - keep my beer out of sight) when driving with it open.

Last edited:

TastySloth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Putting in the bed extender was the second best thing I have done to my truck. Only next to putting 6 extra tie-downs from the B-series trucks in there. Did yours have anything marking where to mount it?

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
It didnt have any markings from the factory as farf as where to mount the pivot brackets, but it waseasy enough to figure out. I got the bed extender for free and just had to go online and buy the brackets to install it, luckily they came with instructions beacuse i had different plans initially.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i got to use the bracket last night while moving some stuff to a friends house, it worked out well and got the job done without incident. im going to do some more grinding on it at lunch today so i can leave it attached to the tire swing and only have to pull the short pin out to close it.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
The rig is looking fantastic buddy:icon_thumby:

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Have you considered switching your little budweiser warning flag out for an actual light, and maybe have a switch you can flick that turns that into your new taillight when the arm is swung open?

Just a thought.

either way, looks great man! :icon_cheers:

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
That's not a bad idea Chris:D

badmts

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
great truck great build thread

dude you got mad skills! they need you out here at Boeing building these planes!:icon_welder: keep it up you have tremendus potential:headbang:

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i have entertained the thought of mounting a round LED dual function light on the upright brace of the swing, that way you can see that im braking or turning, but im not sure if it would be any more visible than the actual tail light is. i finished the bracket yesterday, now that its in paint i can officially call that modification done.

i also sold the rescue ranger last night, so now i can pay for some parts!

i paid for my 4.10 gear set today also so now im trying to get things arranged so that i can build an axle and then put it in, and then in a few whiles go back in and install the lock rite. its going to suck being open in the rear, but hopefully it wont stay that way for long.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice looking rig and love the fab work you have done.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals