• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I've gone over to the darkside...

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
I regret to inform you all, that I have bought a Toyota :/ it was a hard choice at first, but the price was right and I well, I like it! I still have the ol rang, but she's in the garage now, safely retired and resting after 73,000 miles in 4 years.

I'll still be a Ford guy forever.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Dont apologize man. I have had a Tacoma TRD Sport, and currently have a Jeep Liberty lifted 3" suspension with ARB lockers. I loved my Ranger, despite it's many shortcomings. Granted my current ride is just a winter/fun truck when I am not driving the M3 but you don't have to lose your love of the Ranger to drive something else.

My first EVER truck was an 83 Ranger, 2.3 auto. It had no options at all but also never failed me. For the freedom that truck got me I will always have an emotional home for the Ranger even if logic tries to say different.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Having built and worked on numerous Toyota pickups for friends and club members....I can honestly say I would never own one. Everything about them is just a cluster fawk.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Nice truck. Take some ultra fine steel wool(1000) and some Mothers chrome polish to those center caps and they will look like new in a few min. apiece.:icon_thumby:

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
No need to be ashamed. Toyotas are damn good vehicles, and one of the only non-American brands I would trust my life to....well, their trucks anyway. I still kick myself every day for selling my old Tacoma. Breaks my heart to see another man drive it every day after having brought it back from the grave.

PORTnPOLISH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When I sold my last GM I said I was going to go get a old toyota and build a dedicated wheeler. After looking at 10 overpriced rust bucket cluster fawks I decided that maybe it wasnt what I wanted. Even though my ranger is currently broken and its been breaking since I bought it 2 weeks ago I for some odd reason really like the truck.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
Dont apologize man. I have had a Tacoma TRD Sport, and currently have a Jeep Liberty lifted 3" suspension with ARB lockers. I loved my Ranger, despite it's many shortcomings. Granted my current ride is just a winter/fun truck when I am not driving the M3 but you don't have to lose your love of the Ranger to drive something else.
My first EVER truck was an 83 Ranger, 2.3 auto. It had no options at all but also never failed me. For the freedom that truck got me I will always have an emotional home for the Ranger even if logic tries to say different.
My first Truck was a 99 2.5 5spd with no options at all, I loved that little guy, was heart broken when the insurance gods totaled it :bawling:
Nice! Are the Liberty's RWD?? or do they come FWD with that weird IFS rear axle.

Nice truck. Take some ultra fine steel wool(1000) and some Mothers chrome polish to those center caps and they will look like new in a few min. apiece.:icon_thumby:
Sweet thanks!! I was wondering how to get them shiny again!!

No need to be ashamed. Toyotas are damn good vehicles, and one of the only non-American brands I would trust my life to....well, their trucks anyway. I still kick myself every day for selling my old Tacoma. Breaks my heart to see another man drive it every day after having brought it back from the grave.
Yeah, I just felt like a part of me is missing since I retired my Ranger, I still have it to drive, but I just feel like I'm cheating on her :/

When I sold my last GM I said I was going to go get a old toyota and build a dedicated wheeler. After looking at 10 overpriced rust bucket cluster fawks I decided that maybe it wasnt what I wanted. Even though my ranger is currently broken and its been breaking since I bought it 2 weeks ago I for some odd reason really like the truck.
Yeah I am dreading having to do any type of work on this one, everything is crammed into the engine bay, and there's a huge CF of vacuum tubes going EVERYWHERE!!! Yeah once you get em running good they are just such fun to drive trucks!

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
Having built and worked on numerous Toyota pickups for friends and club members....I can honestly say I would never own one. Everything about them is just a cluster fawk.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!! The ADD(Automatic Differential Disengage aka VACUUM NIGHTMARE) alone on this thing is going to be fun to get acquainted to, plus the lack of room in the engine bay........ Not looking forward to that haha. Luckily the original owner gave me a receipt of the BRAND NEW not rebuilt 3VZE turd uh I mean engine under the hood. so hopefully that'll last me a long time.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My first Truck was a 99 2.5 5spd with no options at all, I loved that little guy, was heart broken when the insurance gods totaled it :bawling:
Nice! Are the Liberty's RWD?? or do they come FWD with that weird IFS rear axle.

Sweet thanks!! I was wondering how to get them shiny again!!

Yeah, I just felt like a part of me is missing since I retired my Ranger, I still have it to drive, but I just feel like I'm cheating on her :/

Yeah I am dreading having to do any type of work on this one, everything is crammed into the engine bay, and there's a huge CF of vacuum tubes going EVERYWHERE!!! Yeah once you get em running good they are just such fun to drive trucks!
Regular 4wd. Solid axle rear, IFS live axle front.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This I will have to agree with. Have fun trying to get at the starter when she goes... lol

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Atleast you got a nice new engine in it that shouldn't give you any problems for a while.

Good looking truck, I don't mind toyotas but when I drive them I just don't get the same enjoyment I get from driving my ranger. Same goes with my dads Vdub... I drive other stick shift cars and they just don't compare.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
3.4 swap in the future??? i hope the 3.0 treats you better than my lil pickup did..
looks good tho. i know lots of people that like them. i'd like to have a 1st gen as a trail rig. you can't build a cheaper better rig for trails IMO.
nice find!

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
My old Tacoma was a '96 Tacoma SR5 4x4 ith the 3.4L, and let me just say...3.4L FTW:icon_hornsup: That was such an awesome engine. That thing would just power through whatever sh!t I could throw at it and come back swinging. One of the best Toyota engines by far.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
i know where you are coming from.....and they are wallet biting lil mothers at times, but that is a great little truck on the all around.

as i have hacked and slashed my lil ranger to big dumb and stupid simple, to a fault, i find working on stock anything to be a clusterfawk conspiracy to piss me off to no end. .

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
My heart is still held by my old 2005 altima 3.5sl. R.I.P's. I dont like any jap cars cept Nissan. All to ones own

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals