• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ignition always on?

compaqeo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
So when the battery is connected the idiot light(check engine) is always on even with the key out of the tumbler what should i check/do to find out why this is?

Also im trying to bypass the clutch interlock but when i jump the wires so it can crank it cranks with out the key in? :icon_confused:
info on truck is in sig.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
pull the EEC relay to the computer if the light goes out the relay is bad or stuck on.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
What do you mean bypass the interlock to bypass the switch all you do is put a jumper wire between the two wires on the switch if you have power to the starter solenoid with the key off the ignition switch is bad in the steering column. If the temp guage stays up to temp with the key off the ignition switch is bad. Mine used to drain the battery after a few days sitting and found out the computer relay was stuck on the engine would shut off but the power was still going to the computer. The computer relay should be next to the fuel pump relay.

compaqeo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
What do you mean bypass the interlock to bypass the switch all you do is put a jumper wire between the two wires on the switch if you have power to the starter solenoid with the key off the ignition switch is bad in the steering column. If the temp guage stays up to temp with the key off the ignition switch is bad. Mine used to drain the battery after a few days sitting and found out the computer relay was stuck on the engine would shut off but the power was still going to the computer. The computer relay should be next to the fuel pump relay.
mine has 6 wires for the clutch interlock. Thanks i will check the computer relay if i can find it i dout it will be where they are stock as i switched the wiring harness from the vehicle. As for the started il just do the race type toggle switch/button start. now i have to wait till monday to check though -.-'

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals