• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fixing up my extended cab.

Chic N Stew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9ltr
Transmission
Manual
my dads a bodyman/painter for 25 years, he did most of the paint work on mine but i wanted to do some jsut to say i did, i know a lot about body work, but going to wyotech after high school

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
my dads a bodyman/painter for 25 years, he did most of the paint work on mine but i wanted to do some jsut to say i did, i know a lot about body work, but going to wyotech after high school
I did the wyotech thing. I liked it alot and definitely be sure to get yourself into a well paying job, school loans SUCK (stay away from Sally Mae lenders!!!!)

And thanks for the compliments guys, it keeps me going, albeit a bit slow.

Last edited:

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I did a poll on it when I first came up with the scheme about a year and a half ago, 99% of everyone said black on top. Dunno, I just like the darker color on top, seems to be how most two-tone jobs are.
I like your paint scheme. Looks like you do awesome body work....I hate doing body work. Keep em comin! Dang your truck had some serious RUST.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I like your paint scheme. Looks like you do awesome body work....I hate doing body work. Keep em comin! Dang your truck had some serious RUST.
Thanks. Ya its definitely rusty, but its not even half as bad as my daily driver is, I don't even want to bother with it! I just leave the carpet out because I get lakes on the floorboards when it rains lol.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
i also live in northern ohio and agree completely. to heck with fixing the rust on the DD's because they will rust out faster than you can fix it!

CUracing

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Zman, You are going to have a lot of hours in that truck, but it will look good after you get done. I know because I've been doing body work/painting for 18 years and know what it takes to do restoration work. I like the two tone with the black on top, but I don't like the black wheels, just my two cents.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Well I figured out that I get alot more stuff done when I'm working at someone elses house. So since I don't have any room in my shop anyway, I took my bed over to my Uncle's house. His shop is heated too so that makes it even nicer! I'll have some pics on Sunday..

05level2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I think this is the first time I saw your truck. Looks great in that first pic, im sure it will look even better when your done. You do great work.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Heated shops I think are what make the difference between a progressive winter job and a mess in the spring.

I have always liked your truck. Its one of the few that really makes me want to have a street truck. Cant wait to see more pics.

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
and it seems I didn't post any pictures of this little mod..

I was going to do this when i put new doors on my truck with 93ish taurus mirrors. But i decided not to because of what happend with my origonal big mirrors.

They were the big ones with the aluminum frame that bolts on half way down the door and up at the top. tried to get into a tight parking spot and snapped it off when i was backing out. So now i like the little ones that can tuck in.

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
Geez, Lee. That sunroof is awesome. Another cool mod. Where do you come up with this stuff?

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Heated shops I think are what make the difference between a progressive winter job and a mess in the spring.

I have always liked your truck. Its one of the few that really makes me want to have a street truck. Cant wait to see more pics.
Thanks! Ya heat is definitely nice. We put in a double barrel wood burner earlier this winter, and while it does get warm, our shop still isn't full insulated so it doesn't get as warm as it could, its just too damn big (30x30 steel) to heat efficiently untill we get it all insulated.

I was going to do this when i put new doors on my truck with 93ish taurus mirrors. But i decided not to because of what happend with my origonal big mirrors.

They were the big ones with the aluminum frame that bolts on half way down the door and up at the top. tried to get into a tight parking spot and snapped it off when i was backing out. So now i like the little ones that can tuck in.
that must have been a tight spot! I've squeezed my buick in some tight spaces, and its definitely harder to park than either of my rangers.

Geez, Lee. That sunroof is awesome. Another cool mod. Where do you come up with this stuff?
I just fall upon this stuff, don't ask me how I do it lol. Probably my best deal to date I would say.

this is the first one I saw...about 3 1/2 years ago..

Last edited:

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That looks good! I can't believe I have'nt seen this thread before. Maybe I just was'nt paying attention because it's been around a while now. When I was younger I loved street trucks. Not really anymore but yours is an exception. Just goes to show when you have good bodywork/fab skills the craftsmanship shows. Good work!

Allen

hbyhrs87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Hello,
Z-man, I'd like to see more pictures of this mirror mod you'r doing. I'd like to do this on my B2. Just wondering how you are going to dress up the inside of the mirror mod plate. Thanks in advfance for any info.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Hello,
Z-man, I'd like to see more pictures of this mirror mod you'r doing. I'd like to do this on my B2. Just wondering how you are going to dress up the inside of the mirror mod plate. Thanks in advfance for any info.
I haven't come up with a good solution for that yet to be honest. I think I'm just gonna glue some black felt to it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals