• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fairbanks AK, North pole, Eileson?

meskater132

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
anyone out there live around here? just wondering looking for some people to go hit the trails behind the airport or off ester dome or show me new trails. not to much into snow bashing but 6 weeks or so breakup is coming and that means mud is too

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
anyone out there live around here? just wondering looking for some people to go hit the trails behind the airport or off ester dome or show me new trails. not to much into snow bashing but 6 weeks or so breakup is coming and that means mud is too
Yea there is a few members up there, ALASKABII is one he is stationed at Eielson AFB. I was raised just down the road in Delta Junction.

Last edited:

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well in Homer break up starts around april, And up on the hill where we live it starts in may. Not sure about anchorage or fairbanks though...

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well in Homer break up starts around april, And up on the hill where we live it starts in may. Not sure about anchorage or fairbanks though...
Up on the hill, you up on skyline or out east end rd? Oh and did you ever go out and see Jessica about that insulation? If not since your in town now I can hook you up freebie.

Last edited:

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Heck YEAH!

Hello,
I am at Eielson! Haven't done a lot of trails in this area though. Just really got my truck able to tackle some and I discovered last night I really need a locker! And breakup is most likely several months off. Last year it was about April...... But the aluvial mud here is indeed FUN!!!!!! Though a bit of a pain to make it let go of the truck. That stuff is sticky! Love to meet up with another TRS member!

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Up on the hill, you up on skyline or out east end rd? Oh and did you ever go out and see Jessica about that insulation? If not since your in town now I can hook you up freebie.
Well my house well parents house I guess... Is up on Diamond Ridge by the Radio Tower. No I ment to but never had a chance to get out to the spit. That would be Sweet! Are you in Anchorage or still up by Delta Junction?

Hello,
I am at Eielson! Haven't done a lot of trails in this area though. Just really got my truck able to tackle some and I discovered last night I really need a locker! And breakup is most likely several months off. Last year it was about April...... But the aluvial mud here is indeed FUN!!!!!! Though a bit of a pain to make it let go of the truck. That stuff is sticky! Love to meet up with another TRS member!
Hey man, Yeah it would be fun to meet some other TRS members up here. Maybe when the TRS Banner Finally makes it up to AK (if it does) we can all meet up. As for Memebers up in your area I'm not sure who all is there... I think AKBroncoII might be up there again, aswell as STRGVER or however you would spell his name. Then LIMA BEAN is closer to Anchorage as well as me and um... Jeff forgot his online name is also in anchorage somewhere.

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Uh,
What's the TRS Banner exactly?:icon_confused:

meskater132

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
sorry 6 weeks was way off

ya my bad i guess wishful thinking :icon_bounceblue: . 6 weeks dont even put us through march way off guess. i just bought the lil bronco,i did own a mazda b4000 with no lift and all 235/75/15 terrain tires spent all summer finding trails and having a blast all my friends with trucks moves or turned to want to be import tuners. I want to see what this little bronco can do it has 190,xxx miles and i know im going to need some stuff here soon( the remaining winter) before i hit the mud

tires
clutch/throwout bearing
brakes
heavyduty bumpers
flat black paint
rino line interior

anyone have any suggestions on dropping a new engine in?
i dont want to do the 302 swap was thinking a 4.0 from a explorer will i need a new drive line?

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well,
I you come by Eielson I can show you my 88 BII with the 4.0 and drive line from a 92 Explorer. All dropped right in and took just a little wireing tinkering to have it running like a kitten, until it sits outside in the cold. Still chasing that gremlin before I drive it.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Uh,
What's the TRS Banner exactly?:icon_confused:
Hehe sorry For some reason I thought you were the OP. The TRS banner is something they thought up this summer where there is a banner was sent to the east coast to get signed by memebers and they drive to meet other members who sign it and take it to other memebers, its like a relay race accross the states with a banner.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

meskater132

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
I have a problem??? my starter is fixed now but with this recent 35 below cold snap my truck started ran fine my fiance stalled it and it wont start no dash light blower nothing like theres no battery connected. however it sat for about 3hours then started to turn on(dash lights and blower) but when the key got to the start position it went black dead nothing i have a 4amp charge hooked up to it and its got a block heater oil pan heater and battery pad heater (no tranny heater its a manual i just throw the tcase in neutral and put it in gear when its warming up in the morning). any one else have a similar problem? howd you fix it? not in a position to be jumped some reason i dont think its the battery

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals