• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

18" wheels - 2000 2wd

greenpus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone run 18 inch wheels on their truck? I'm curious if they will fit :D
Background. When I lifted my truck I also installed 5 inch fender flares from Bushwackers. I then fitted the wheels and tires to the fenders, meaning I bought 15x10 rims and 31x12.5x15 tires so the edge of the rubber met the edge of the fender flares. I now need new tires and no one makes 12.5 in 31's anymore and going to a 32 and 33 tire isn't an option because my truck is a 2.5 and I lost too much power installing the 31's.
The tire size I need is still being made in the 18" size so I would have to install 18 inch wheels.

03Fx4MN

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Do you have 18" wheels on hand? Or would you be buying them? Might be cheaper to just re gear for a 32" or 33" tire. Use the CALCULATOR to find out what gears you would need. You might be able to get some of your power back too depending how low you go.

Gears

Last edited:

greenpus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do you have 18" wheels on hand? Or would you be buying them? Might be cheaper to just re gear for a 32" or 33" tire. Use the CALCULATOR to find out what gears you would need. You might be able to get some of your power back too depending how low you go.

Gears
no 18's on hand. I just wanted to make sure the edge of the wheel didn't hit any of the suspension parts. I'll pass on the regearing. Mine are at 4.10 and I don't want to go lower than that. That's why I'm trying to stick with 31's but I love the wide 12.5 tires. 10.5 just doesn't do it for me lol

03Fx4MN

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Have you re-geared before? If you went this way since you already have the lift and such, you could buy a good 33x 12.5 tires for the rest of the trucks life if you wanted. Your gonna spend more on 18"s then you would just swapping out gears, and you can run a bigger tire. But running a bigger rim with the same back spacing and width as the 15x10s shouldnt be a problem just be sure it has the same backspacing as the 15"s your running now.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Yeah 18s will fit long as you get the correct bolt pattern. I'm running KMCs on my 37s and the wheel doesn't come close to interfering with any suspension parts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals