• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stretching Extended Cab

abunchofidiots

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone stretched an extended cab to be a double extended cab?

I'm spoiled with my crew cab and I'm looking for ways to make more room for my dogs in the extended cab ranger. Luck would have it, I have a complete spare extended cab sitting in my yard.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
AllanD has talked about combing an extended cab a long bed truck before. But I am unaware of anyone trying what you want to do.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Theres a post, maybe the one above, where a guy added a 4 door cab to his single cab. I had the idea with my friends not long ago to extend my extended cab with another so I would have 4 jumpseats and more cargo room with a shortened short bed. I dont have the resources to try it yet though. Its mostly just good cutting and welded skills. And some metal work involved. If you already have an extended cab in the back yard then your halfway there. I hope you can buttweld.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Ahem...I uh, you know, like, cut the back end of my standard cab out of my first Ranger (RIPieces) and stuck a truck cap on the back end...then crazy glued those styrofoam noodles in as sealers...

It looked pretty cool, till the sun rose...then they laughed at me...:idiot:

Then it got real cold in Canada almost, like, overnight, and I froze my nuts and berries...so I bought a dog to keep me warm...that's why the group Three Dog Night came from Canada...but I couldn't afford to feed three of them...but maybe I could have kept another one to, like, eat when we got hungry...

Anyways, the moral of the story is...if you're going to do this, make sure you don't live in Canada...or have at least three dogs if your heater isn't up to snuff...

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Ahem...I uh, you know, like, cut the back end of my standard cab out of my first Ranger (RIPieces) and stuck a truck cap on the back end...then crazy glued those styrofoam noodles in as sealers...

It looked pretty cool, till the sun rose...then they laughed at me...:idiot:

Then it got real cold in Canada almost, like, overnight, and I froze my nuts and berries...so I bought a dog to keep me warm...that's why the group Three Dog Night came from Canada...but I couldn't afford to feed three of them...but maybe I could have kept another one to, like, eat when we got hungry...

Anyways, the moral of the story is...if you're going to do this, make sure you don't live in Canada...or have at least three dogs if your heater isn't up to snuff...
Where did you hear that a dog will keep you warm? That's what women are for. (Have you not heard of women before? Crazy canuck)

The styrofoam noodles work well when used correctly, although, I can imagine how someone like you screwed that up. :icon_thumby:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Where did you hear that a dog will keep you warm? That's what women are for. (Have you not heard of women before? Crazy canuck)

The styrofoam noodles work well when used correctly, although, I can imagine how someone like you screwed that up. :icon_thumby:
Women? :shok:

Hmmmm...now that's something I should have thought of...but I'd have to feed them (not just one, eh, cause they're hairless) :icon_cheers:

The noodles worked out not too bad, but it was the color that really threw off my scheme...pink and blue noodles...sorta like his and hers...you shoulda been there so I could say the pink ones were yours...

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Women? :shok:

Hmmmm...now that's something I should have thought of...but I'd have to feed them (not just one, eh, cause they're hairless) :icon_cheers:

The noodles worked out not too bad, but it was the color that really threw off my scheme...pink and blue noodles...sorta like his and hers...you shoulda been there so I could say the pink ones were yours...
Yes, women. True, they are hairless, but that works out for the better. Their heat is transferred to you, rather than kept within their fur coat. Feeding them is easy. Most women I hang out with eat ice for dinner.

Dang. I wish I was there. But...wouldn't the pink ones be yours? I know you are a huge Aerosmith fan. Sunk and I tried 'his and hers', it was alright. (He's my girlfriend, since I dumped you)

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yes, women. True, they are hairless, but that works out for the better. Their heat is transferred to you, rather than kept within their fur coat. Feeding them is easy. Most women I hang out with eat ice for dinner. )
They must be cool chicks to eat ice...but I guess they like those long, hard, round things...I'd stay away from women like that...especially if they look at your crotch while they nibble the ice...

Dang. I wish I was there. But...wouldn't the pink ones be yours? I know you are a huge Aerosmith fan. Sunk and I tried 'his and hers', it was alright. (He's my girlfriend, since I dumped you)
:bawling:

Now you tell me~

Whew~ Now that I'm over you...:icon_rofl:

abunchofidiots

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The only part I really see being a problem is getting rear area side windows that roll down for the dogs.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
OP, you have the option of hairless women. Mark seein as how your apparently unfamiliar with this part of life, you live in canada. Your women are alot of french decent so your women wont neccessarily be hairless. This is a plus and a minus, fur coats can also keep you warm and flossing comes alot easier in the morning. However too many hairs and you begin to feel like a cat coughin up all the hairballs.

Adding an extended cab is relatively safer than adding an entire bed cap to the back of a truck, not near as much space to try and keep warm, but still enough room to spoon with the hairless, ice queens.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
They must be cool chicks to eat ice...but I guess they like those long, hard, round things...I'd stay away from women like that...especially if they look at your crotch while they nibble the ice...
:
Very cool. Cold, in fact. Very cold. Very cold hearted. Very difficult to warm up.

Long hard round things...whats on your mind Mark? I like popsicles too, but with all the complaints about the cold, I wouldn't think you'd have any up there.

:bawling:

Now you tell me~

Whew~ Now that I'm over you...:icon_rofl:
You're over me? Sure. Keep telling yourself that. I have a knife, and you can borrow it to cut way for your pride. You know you still have feelings. :thefinger:

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

found this on the ranger station facebook group. said he didnt have a build thread or anything. did say he was putting a cummins in it :D

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

found this on the ranger station facebook group. said he didnt have a build thread or anything. did say he was putting a cummins in it :D
I would love that truck.

I also have thought about this subject, but thought more about putting the suicide rear doors of the 4 door Rangers on mine.

I've also thought about putting a B2 body on a 350 crew cab frame and putting a short bed on it. :icon_welder::icon_welder:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
That would be interesting as hell, B2 with a short box.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals