• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

GMC Yukon XL vs My ford ranger

michowski

Reaction score
Got into an accident today. Stupid blonde woman yacking on her cell phone ran into me trying to turn onto a main street. I was doing about 30 and she was pulling across opposite traveling direction lanes into my side before hitting my truck in the rear right above the tire. What sorta pissed me off is that after I got hit, I slowed down to a crawl and proceeded to pull into the gas station right there at the corner. She is STILL on her phone telling somebody how she got into an accident. First thing she tells me once she is off the phone is I didnt even see you, did you change lanes as I was pulling out? I laughed and was like nope, I was going in a straight line starting to slow down for the red light ahead. I then called the local police and got the paper work done.

The front end on her yukon is messed up decently enough. Gonna need grille, bumper, headlight on passenger side. Pretty much everything plastic will need replacing. Damage to my truck, not a scratch on my paint and just a tiny pushed in dent I can easily push out myself. Seen the entire thing happening before my eyes and had a feeling she was gonna keep going and hit me and she started to inch out across northbound traffic to get to southbound lanes.

Her grille is broken and the clips on the passenger side are gone, she just tried to push stuff back to where it was supposed to go.

Bumper brackets are likely bent as the bumper is tilted on an angle. You can see it hitting the fender here and cracked. Even the corner of her hood is folding.

Damage to me, nothing noticable lol.

Moral of the story, STAY OFF YOUR CELL PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE DAMN ROAD.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
im glad your truck got away with justa tiny dent and no one got injured.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Moral of the story, STAY OFF YOUR CELL PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE DAMN ROAD.
too many people don't live by these words.....and make sure you are covered for the damage.it'll cost more than you think to get it back to the way it was.

michowski

Reaction score
too many people don't live by these words.....and make sure you are covered for the damage.it'll cost more than you think to get it back to the way it was.
Im not getting my truck fixed, theres nothing worth fixing lol. The damage is so minor I actually got out and walked to the other side of the truck looking for damage because I didnt see anything that caught my eye first walk by lol. On the other side of the fender well, you will see a nice big pushed in dent from an offroading event. All she did was slightly smudge my fender flare and I could care less lol. I could take a football and push out the dent she made in 5 seconds and you wouldnt even have 1 clue I was ever hit. She is the one who is out big for all her damage haha.

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
did she get ticketed? Do you live in a state where driving while using a cell phone is illegal?

Even if you don't fix your truck, make sure you get the money from her insurance. You can use it for modz.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Make sure you get your shit straight for insurance! (if she is going to try to involve them)

Somehow I ended up having to pay 3000 dollars out of pocket because some lady REAR ENDED me!!!! SHE hit ME! her front collided with my right rearsection when I was making a turn!

Some how the judge figured that me obeying the law related to a semi letting people on the left hand lane by before it made a right hand turn or something (basically I should have pulled over to the left hand lane and let her go by then turned) while her only mistake was not paying attention to the road and hitting me!!! WTF!

Sorry for the thread jack, but yeah if she takes you to court make sure your not at Fault at ALL!!!

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Definately claim it on her insurance. It might not look like much but I bet it would be >$1k to fix. Her insruance company will probably just write you a check. On the cell phone thing - one day at work we hear a big crash outside. We're right off of an interstate highway. This stupid college chick in a yukon went off the highway, across the access road, through the very steep bar ditch - which launched her about 5 feet in the air - and hit a telephone pole. A bunch of us run out to see if she's ok. The first thing she says is "does anyone see my cell phone?"

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I love the bumper sticker that reads "Could you drive better with that cell phone up your a$$???"

I've seen some crazy scary stuff with people on phones while driving. I'm amazed that there aren't more accidents because of it!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals