• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my new gun

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
bought my 1st hand gun. Ruger Blackhawk revolver i got the one that shoots 45 long colt and 45 ACP. sorry about the pics, there taken with my MAC's web cam. im going to shoot it tomorrow so ill have pics up in my thread in show off your truck.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice, mate! My dad had a blackhawk when I was a kid. That gun rocked.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Neat old style revolver. Just not a wise choice of a gun for self defence, Bro. It takes too much effort to squeeze off a round with that old out of date style of weapon.

The Toolman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
99 Ranger Auto
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
I have the same gun except mine is a .44 mag with a longer bbl. I use hollow points in it, what ever you hit usually ends up in a million pieces

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you just gotta ask yourself one question.....

redneckracerx

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
first gens
Make / Model
Ford right?
Engine Size
anything but stock
Transmission
Manual
Excellent choice:icon_thumby: I have the same gun. Ruger blackhawk in .45 long colt. I don't know if you posted pics (cant see pics at work) so I don't know barrel length but when you go to shoot it hang on!

I personally like the old style revolvers compared to the semi auto stuff. I also have a snub nose .38 special and a Dan Wesson .357, gotta love em!

As straycat said: not the best Home defense weapon, think collateral damage.

ufgators68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Automatic
Nice revolver but take your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to use it!!:icon_thumby:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Neat old style revolver. Just not a wise choice of a gun for self defence, Bro. It takes too much effort to squeeze off a round with that old out of date style of weapon.
Only downside to one of these is concealiblity if that bothers you, they are heavy and kind of lumpy. But as far as shooting it takes no effort at all to cock the hammer as you draw, and the trigger pull is as smooth as silk.

The Rugers are a polished Colt SAA, even the infamous Colt Army can't outshoot one. The Blackhawk's success even spurred Colt to resume production of the SAA after WWII.

I would love to pick up a Vaquero, pretty much the same as a Blackhawk but with fixed sights. My dad has two (for CAS), they are a riot to shoot.

For general usage Cowboy Action loads are a little tamer than a straight .45LC, still more than enough to do the job.

IMO, I don't think you can find a funner style of gun to shoot. I guess I feel like the anti-automatic transmission people on the subject.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Nice, mate! My dad had a blackhawk when I was a kid. That gun rocked.
my mom used to have the same gun lol

this is a newer one. its real easy to squeeze off a round. the trigger isnt hard to squeeze at all

I have the same gun except mine is a .44 mag with a longer bbl. I use hollow points in it, what ever you hit usually ends up in a million pieces
i was going to get the .357 one but i got this one instead

you just gotta ask yourself one question.....
do i feel lucky?:icon_twisted:

Excellent choice:icon_thumby: I have the same gun. Ruger blackhawk in .45 long colt. I don't know if you posted pics (cant see pics at work) so I don't know barrel length but when you go to shoot it hang on!

I personally like the old style revolvers compared to the semi auto stuff. I also have a snub nose .38 special and a Dan Wesson .357, gotta love em!

exactly what my dad said

Nice revolver but take your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to use it!!:icon_thumby:
im more then ready

Only downside to one of these is concealiblity if that bothers you, they are heavy and kind of lumpy. But as far as shooting it takes no effort at all to cock the hammer as you draw, and the trigger pull is as smooth as silk.

The Rugers are a polished Colt SAA, even the infamous Colt Army can't outshoot one. The Blackhawk's success even spurred Colt to resume production of the SAA after WWII.

I would love to pick up a Vaquero, pretty much the same as a Blackhawk but with fixed sights. My dad has two (for CAS), they are a riot to shoot.

For general usage Cowboy Action loads are a little tamer than a straight .45LC, still more than enough to do the job.

IMO, I don't think you can find a funner style of gun to shoot. I guess I feel like the anti-automatic transmission people on the subject.
didnt kno alot of that. good info:beer:

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have that same pistol in 44 and stainless. Got it for hiking in bear country (my back yard). They are excellent pistols. Uber strong and quite accurate. However, they are big, heavy and slow. Follow up shots are going to be an issue. For protection against two legged predators, I'd choose something else. I find myself hiking with my Taurus Ti Tracker in 41mag most of the time. It is smaller, MUCH lighter, double action that is smooth as glass, very accurate and fits my hand much better. For a hand cannon, the Blackhawk can't be beat but if you want a wheel gun for self defense/concealed carry, keep looking.

Last edited:

necessaryevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that a good looking handgun, although it LOOKS a bit heavy, but still it looks good.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
this is a newer one. its real easy to squeeze off a round. the trigger isnt hard to squeeze at all
I have to agree with this, I shot one not long ago and they are a dream to shoot. Almost no weight to the trigger pull and dealdy accurate, 3x more accurate than a semi. Id rock it in a heartbeat.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
i forgot the camera:annoyed:, woke up late and got a late start. i went and shot and it and all i can say is...:yahoo::headbang::D:icon_thumby: i love it. im so glad i got it

I have that same pistol in 44 and stainless. Got it for hiking in bear country (my back yard). They are excellent pistols. Uber strong and quite accurate. However, they are big, heavy and slow. Follow up shots are going to be an issue. For protection against two legged predators, I'd choose something else. I find myself hiking with my Taurus Ti Tracker in 41mag most of the time. It is smaller, MUCH lighter, double action that is smooth as glass, very accurate and fits my hand much better. For a hand cannon, the Blackhawk can't be beat but if you want a wheel gun for self defense/concealed carry, keep looking.
if and when i get my concealed permit ill get a diffrent gun, but other wise i like it. its not much heavyer then my dads smith and wesson 45 semi auto revolver. i like it alot:D

that a good looking handgun, although it LOOKS a bit heavy, but still it looks good.
its really not that bad. its a hoot to shoot

I have to agree with this, I shot one not long ago and they are a dream to shoot. Almost no weight to the trigger pull and dealdy accurate, 3x more accurate than a semi. Id rock it in a heartbeat.
it was dead accurate, the recoil was really not all that bad. i love my gun.:icon_thumby:

michowski

Reaction score

I have no idea what you posted, just wanted to say nice avatar.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals