• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my new dodge

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The Cummins is, IMHO, the only diesel worth owning. I have had others, even the 7.3 powerstroke, and the Dodge trucks simply have a superior engine. Cummins is just gallon upon gallon of win. The rest are chum buckets of fail.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
www.cumminsforum.com

Educate yourself before you destroy that truck.
one step ahead of you!
i joined up yesterday, and wow. its like a whole new world of understanding, and using the obd2 system is way better the the eec-iv im used too.
i did a self test, (key on,off,on,off,on...)
got a p1693, followed by ------ then p done
according to mopar1973man or whatever his name is, this means there is more trouble codes in the system, which will not display.
hooked up a scanner, sure enough... code p0341, cam sensor.
unlike the 4.0 we had a heck of a time getting a cam sensor in, the cummins cam sensor only goes in one way. unbolt, unplug, uninstall and vice versa.
deleted codes, drove for an hour, sypmtoms returned.
check codes again, same code.
tomorrow ill order the part.
i also have a steering stabalizer on order, and im going to have the lift pump checked...
thanks for the reference anyways, im gonna get a programmer soon, followed by gauges, air dog, then boost fooler.
modding diesels actually excites me.:icon_thumby::D
i also removed the gay racking supports off the truck, which were welded to the hitch, and tow hooks :annoyed:
but a couple zip disks and an hour took care of that.
im already enjoying my new truck!!!

not to be that guy but the weak point of that truck is the truck ya maybe the motors better than the compitition but the truck definitly isnt and i know alot of people with 7.3s and even 6.0s that are very happy with them and wouldnt trade for anything and they rip im a machenic ive worked on them all and thay all suck i havent worked on a 6.4 but i think there junk im excited to see what ford 6.7 does fords finaly doing it them selves no one to blame

ok thats was off topic lol thats a sweet truck i know guys that are in love with there dodges just make sure you service it regularly and take it easy on the tranny youll be fine for along while
i understand your points.
i disagree that the powerstroke is an equal engine.
i know plenty of powerstroke owners, most of which are unsatified with the engines, ease of power increase, but ford sure knows how to make a truck.
i like my truck, just wish ford made a truck with a cummins. frik.
how can i be a ford guy when the make such crappy diesels.
if those are nitto grapplers, they dont last very long. especially if you load the bed up like that. other than that, i like it !
i can believe that, and wow do they ever howl on the highway.
but im not about to take em off till they have no tread left, so whatevers. they sure like mud though!:icon_hornsup:
and thanks for the compliment

The Cummins is, IMHO, the only diesel worth owning. I have had others, even the 7.3 powerstroke, and the Dodge trucks simply have a superior engine. Cummins is just gallon upon gallon of win. The rest are chum buckets of fail.
the durms would b great if they werent so hard on fuel. And personally i like the creature comforts of chev trucks (03+) and you cant match the sound of a durm. but sounds and comfort arent worth 12 mpg

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
nice truck man!!
looks really nice
damn diesels are so cool, i bet it has an awesome sound with that exhaust.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
mmmmmm i like it except the stupid tires (no offense). so take the cummins out and put it in the ford.......

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
nice truck bud. not a fan of the 1 stack though lol

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice truck man!!
looks really nice
damn diesels are so cool, i bet it has an awesome sound with that exhaust.
i really do love the exhuast sound, and the stack is good for when ur backin up when its cold, you dont get that cloud of exhaust so you cant see.
plus, its an 800 dollar setup and it came with the truck.
thanks for the compliments.

mmmmmm i like it except the stupid tires (no offense). so take the cummins out and put it in the ford.......
haha that would b cool, but no thanks. i like my ranger too much to tear it apart for a project id never finish.
i dont get what you dont like about the tires? they are big, beefy and excellent offroad.
and no offense takin. if i wasn't prepared for someone to not love everything on the truck i woulnd't of posted. plus, it doesn't matter what everyone thinks, at the end of the day its my truck and im the one who has to/ gets to drive it.
thanks for the compliments
nice truck bud. not a fan of the 1 stack though lol
me niether, but its growin on me and it sure sounds mean.
plus, i dont really care what everyone thinks, and one day the stack will go, but for now i want to get it paid for.

as far as mods go, i had to replace the cam positioning sensor, and no she runs like a top.
gets decent milage too, 17-18 city, using us gallons. with candian (4.5 liters/gallon) its more like 21-22
i got a steering stabalizer from bds, and the original owner paid for it (since he ordered it)
its gonna need new tires, but until then, im enjoyin it and look forward to future mods!
not to mention id like to spend a lil time with my ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals