• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my new dodge

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i know its a dodge but at least its a cummins.
gotter home today and got a lil mud on the tires (sorry brad paisley)
haha

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Needs bigger tires.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Needs bigger tires.
my dislike for rubbing tires overwhelms my need for bigger tires.
and a lack of money probably doesn't help either.
will be going to 35s when time comes,
as well as when i get a programmer, i need better then 20 mpgs:thefinger:
plus its not balsy enough. i mean its quick but not crazy

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Still a nice truck, i've always wanted a diesel.

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
god i hate you. if i could afford a Cummins i would trade off my Powerstroke in a heart beat.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
god i hate you. if i could afford a Cummins i would trade off my Powerstroke in a heart beat.
undoubtably the cummins is one of the greatest engines around. i wish i could have gotten a 12 valve 98 with low miles but i dont think that exhists...
this one has 288,xxx kms or about 180,xxx miles
it has pretty decent power and milage but lots of reciepts. i dunno if this means all the major works done and its good for another 200k or its startin to become a basket case.
the guy put 4 grand into it a week before i got it, and has proof of rebuilt tranny, with hd kit, t-case, all synthetics, injection pump (2 grand holy crap) and ecm (day before i got it, ecm went. it was a grand for fix, he paid for it and i got warantee and everything.)
however i was havin some funky issues yesterday and friday night.
the tach shuts off and within a few seconds power cuts out bigtime.
im havin it checked out tomorrow, i suspect a bad lift pump, or filter.
drove it for 3 hours on the highway tonight and it ran great so its a pesky problem.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok so talked to a diesel shop in town and they said it is not lift pump or filter. it is computer related. the power cuts out shortly after the tach cuts out and once the tach returns, the power returns shortly after. (shortly after means 3-4 seconds)
it ran good most of today, power cut out once.
and it returned about 3 minutes later.
odd.
i got a video of the tach jumpin around...

fordman4x492

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.oh 3oh2 v8
Transmission
Automatic
ok in my own opinion dodge, chevy, and all them little rice burners with there gook pipes suck. FORD RULES!!!!!!!!:icon_thumby:

BUT IT LOOKS GOOD

Phiiilly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L v6
Transmission
Automatic
ok so talked to a diesel shop in town and they said it is not lift pump or filter. it is computer related. the power cuts out shortly after the tach cuts out and once the tach returns, the power returns shortly after. (shortly after means 3-4 seconds)
it ran good most of today, power cut out once.
and it returned about 3 minutes later.
odd.
i got a video of the tach jumpin around...
Brothers Town and country Chrysler did the same thing, turned out to be the transmission speed sensor, input and output both had to be replaced.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok in my own opinion dodge, chevy, and all them little rice burners with there gook pipes suck. FORD RULES!!!!!!!!:icon_thumby:

BUT IT LOOKS GOOD
Im going to guess you have never had to work on one,not a day where you can ask anyone who works on them that they will say its a good engine, quite brutal and they get worse the newer they are, injectors and head gaskets are the worst with egr following close behind, I will agree the rest of the drivetrain is good, but they better have the engine down this time around or they might as well hang up their skates and be done with their diesel engine boat anchors. They do however serve one good purpose, they keep shops busy.

Cummins getsmy vote, followed my the duramax and the powerjoke comes in last in my books. Sad to admit but it must be done lol

EDIT: sorry I got so off topic I forgot to metion your truck, Good buy and nice truck, Mods are the best part of owning one. I suggest getting an edge with a monitor, safe and will save your truck knowing the chip is protecting your truck and you can watch your vitals. I agree with the bigger tires,nothing a cut off wheel cant fix. Also suggest an air intake and exhaust before the chip as well.

Last edited:

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i take it its an auto?

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im going to guess you have never had to work on one,not a day where you can ask anyone who works on them that they will say its a good engine, quite brutal and they get worse the newer they are, injectors and head gaskets are the worst with egr following close behind, I will agree the rest of the drivetrain is good, but they better have the engine down this time around or they might as well hang up their skates and be done with their diesel engine boat anchors. They do however serve one good purpose, they keep shops busy.

Cummins getsmy vote, followed my the duramax and the powerjoke comes in last in my books. Sad to admit but it must be done lol

EDIT: sorry I got so off topic I forgot to metion your truck, Good buy and nice truck, Mods are the best part of owning one. I suggest getting an edge with a monitor, safe and will save your truck knowing the chip is protecting your truck and you can watch your vitals. I agree with the bigger tires,nothing a cut off wheel cant fix. Also suggest an air intake and exhaust before the chip as well.
i agree the cummins is the best diesel, i wished i would have gotten an 03+ as aftermarket support for 98.5-02 isn't as good as 03+ and the 12v are super easy to make power out of.
but i like bein able to chip.
edge juice with attitude+monitor will be ordered once the bug is worked out.
diagnostics next tuesday.
i suspect the turbo is gettin too hot and cuttin out, cause it wont make boost as normal.
ps it already has s&b intake and a 4 inch turbo back to a 5" stack.
i love drivin it but wish it had no probs.
its booked in at wilkinsons for tuesday, hope they can clear it up.

i take it its an auto?
yes. i know this is a common weak spot but it was rebuilt last year, and had an hd kit installed. (converter etc) and reciepts too boot.
also t case was done.

and as far as powerstroke,
i love the powerstroke, and as a stock engine with 4" exhaust they will pull like crazy and go forever. its chips, oversized trailers, poor tranny cooling and a heavy foot that cause problems, the heavy foot bein the worst.
durms however are awesome engines, easily take 35 pounds of boost all day long and go like nuts but the new ones exhaust filters clog up and go into limp,
and they get brutal milage.
not that fords get good milage but they arent bad.
dodges get far better milage then both chev and ford but dodges arent reallt much of a truck.
buuuuut i like it so far. put 1000 km's on this weekend.
it did great in mud, didn't even notice the 2 dirtbikes in the back and the power=tach issue is the only problem.
i drove most of tonight, no probs, then i was getting a little silly with the skinny pedal on the "main street" of regina, and right as some ricer pulls up ready to race, power dies out. ugh.
stupid guy thinks he can beat cummins's now. dickwad.
anyways. more pics!!!

droptopfox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
not to be that guy but the weak point of that truck is the truck ya maybe the motors better than the compitition but the truck definitly isnt and i know alot of people with 7.3s and even 6.0s that are very happy with them and wouldnt trade for anything and they rip im a machenic ive worked on them all and thay all suck i havent worked on a 6.4 but i think there junk im excited to see what ford 6.7 does fords finaly doing it them selves no one to blame

ok thats was off topic lol thats a sweet truck i know guys that are in love with there dodges just make sure you service it regularly and take it easy on the tranny youll be fine for along while

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
if those are nitto grapplers, they dont last very long. especially if you load the bed up like that. other than that, i like it !

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals