• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Biking

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Any of you all into biking? Not to be eco-friendly like those liberal faggots on commuter bikes, but for sport and fun. If so, post details on your ride here, or PM me. Heres a little info. on my 2 bikes.

I got a 1990 Giant Kronos lugged Cr-Mo frame roadbike. It was practically NOS with less than 50 miles on it when I bought it off my uncle when he was thinning out his collection. It has the original exage rear derailleur with a 7 speed casette, downtube shifters whick can be indexed or friction for rear, and friction only for front, Sugino super maxi crankset (older than the bike, but one of the lightest cranks ever built), And a higher end 90's shimano front derailleur that I can't remember now, but can get a make on in a few days.

My MTN bike is a work in project, but right now I got a 1988 Diamondback CR-MO frame and fork, and the whole bike is non suspension. Mavic 26" wheels and CODA hubs, and a CODA 9 speed casette. Got nashbar dual thumb shifters with removeable shift indicator and XTR cables running back to the deore 9 speed rear derailleur. That's all for now, as building a bike is expensive.

-Jeremy

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i ride downhill alot up at diablo freeride park at mountain creek up in vernon nj. insane place. ill get some pics up soon.

unfortunately, ive been stuck having to rent bikes for the past little while. however, i think thats all going to change during this next off-season. i want an iron horse sunday, but i'm pretty sure thats not going to happen. so i may just build a giant frame that i have access to for cheap. 5th element rear shock, marzocchi 888 fork, avid hydraulic disc brakes, maxxis tires, probably shimano shifters, hussefelt bars, truvativ cranks with a nice chainwheel guard, 50/50 pedals, not sure on wheels yet.

i also bmx around town alot. got an 08 eastern element with fit bars, kmc 710 chain, birectional hubs, animal r tires, shadow grips, brakeless, i think im forgetting other stuff. coming soon for that bike will be fit forks, odyssey 7ka rims, shadow hubs, and premium slim pedals.

Last edited:

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
I have a 'lightly' modified Schwinn Mensa hardtail. So for I've put on solid trail pedals, a Hooligan derailleur guard and a new SR Suntour XCT V2 adjustable fork on it. I have a Dart3 waiting in the wings to go on but it needs some modifications so for this season I think I will ride it as is.

I picked up a dual suspension Schwinn Graft the other day but after one little jaunt on my driveway I realized it wasnt right for me. I strongly prefer hardtail for the Xcountry riding I do.

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, all the full susp. bikes i've ridden seem to suck the power right out of my crank stroke. I love my non-suspension, and have always had a non suspension Cr-Mo mountain bike handy, however front suspension is really needed on the rougher, rockier trials.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
Yeah, all the full susp. bikes i've ridden seem to suck the power right out of my crank stroke.
That was exactly what I noticed, I do a little commuting from time to time on my bike and that just wouldn't cut it for the long haul. I'm going to sell it off and try to recoup some money. I really enjoy the Mensa so I'm not to unhappy about the whole deal.

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
cool. Try riding a non suspension Cr-Mo mountain bike some day. Best riding bikes, in my opinion.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
I'll definetly have to try that.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
I used to ride a ton, now its only every so often. Got a 2002 Norco VPS fluid (7" front Marzocchi Jr T's and 6" rear with a fox coil over) I ride downhill and technical trails (bridges, drops, jumps, berms etc. )

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
bmx lots of parks, ramps and street and some dirt

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
I have a couple bikes. The first one is a 54cm 91 Concorde Americas in PDM livery (Columbus SL tubing). It has Shimano 600 Ultegra derailleurs with Shimano 105 brakes and shifters. It also has a Suntour Superbe Pro headset as well as a Campagnolo Super Record crank and bottom bracket. The wheels are custom 105 hubs with butted spokes (15-16-15 ga) and Mavic Open 4 CD rims. The front is a 2 cross pattern and the rear is 3 cross). It also has a Flite Ti saddle and Cinelli bars and stem. It also has Shimano 105 clipless pedals. That was my race bike back in the day.

I also have a Giant ATX 760 with Shimano Deore DX components and Flite Ti saddle. I traded a 52cm Rossin custom SLX (Columbus SLX tubing) with Campagnolo C Record gruppo for this bike. I should have traded the Concorde...

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Giant Boulder SE. Replaced an old Pacific Dune when the threads on the fork sheared off.

Great_Big_Abyss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got two bikes, with plans for a third. I ride a lot of all mountain, with some downhill and XC mixed in.

My main bike is a highly modified 2003 Brodie Bruzza. It's a big, burly aluminum hardtail. The only original part on it is the 2004 DJ3. Everything else has been changed out.

Thompson seatpost, stem and handlebars, 66 Pedals, XT Hubs, SRAM 7.0 rear derailler/shifter, single chain ring with e.thirteen chainguide, Sun MTX Rims, truvativ headset, Raceface Evolve DH Bottom bracket, Race Face Evolve DH Crank arms, Shimano XT disc brakes (the old 2003 quad-piston design...the last great XT brakes). It's a big, heavy, solid bike. But, since I'm a larger guy, I can still move it around like a much lighter bike.

My other bike is a 2003 Specialized Hardrock Cro-Mo that I converted to singlespeed and fully rigid. The frame geometry feels completely wrong on it, so I use it only as a back-up bike.

My next planned bike is a GT Peace, which is a fully rigid cro-mo singlespeed mountain bike. It's designed for 29" wheels, which is probably what I will put on it. When I get it, I think it will be my primary bike. There's just something about riding singlespeed off-road. it increases the challenge.

Last edited:

fili450r

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Harro Zippo, with redline oversized rims....used to do alot of street/dirt jumps. now it just collects dust.

i used to go back to a local MX track, and take my bike out there....everything turned into singles, cause i cant go 35mph, lol...but still fun as hell.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals