• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'06+ Side View Mirrors on '04

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I just ordered some new style mirrors for my '04. I just read another post that said you have to do some slight modification to get them to fit. Has anyone else done this? If so, what am I going to have to do? Any tips, tricks, or PICS would be much appreciated!

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Wow I didn't know there was that much to it. I still don't see why you have to chop the wire connectors though. I assumed there would be some sort of harness that would clip together. Thanks for posting the write up.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Wow I didn't know there was that much to it. I still don't see why you have to chop the wire connectors though. I assumed there would be some sort of harness that would clip together. Thanks for posting the write up.
You have to remove the '06+ mirrors electrical connector because it sticks in too far for the door panel to be installed.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Has anyone else done this? My passenger side mirror is banged up, that's why I'm doing this. Not just for the hell of it....

Last edited:

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well I got the mirrors and I got the passenger side installed last night. Didn't get any pics because it was dark but I'm going to take some when I do the drivers side. My setup differs from mjonesjr's a bit. The wires coming out of my '04 mirror are very long, with the harness end of it mounted behind the speaker. The wires on the '06+ mirror are short - they only stick out of the mirror a few inches, and it has a different harness. So I used the long three wires and harness from the stock mirrors and cut the harness off the new mirror. For good measure, I soldered and shrink tubed the wires and wrapped them up with electrical tape. The only tricky part was finding crap around the garage to use for washers.
The only issue is that for whatever reason, when adjusting the mirror, the left/right mirror controls are reversed. When I move the adjustment switch left, the mirror moves right, and vice versa. Up/down is fine. No biggie, especially since I was willing to just bolt the mirrors up without power, so I'm not complaining. It's just strange since my wiring job is good and I didn't cross any of the three wires....

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
maybe u should try to reverse em, to fix it :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals