• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford ranger rubber flooring conversion

2001FORDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
6cy
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys I have carpet in my ranger and would like to convert to all rubber flooring. where can I buy this?

is it held to the floor by adhesive? thks

JamesC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
350 chev/3.0
no adhesive it should be held in the same as your carpet leave the under pad underneath keeps the cab quieter.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
lots of people have done bed liner, why not go that route?

2001FORDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
6cy
Transmission
Manual
no adhesive it should be held in the same as your carpet leave the under pad underneath keeps the cab quieter.
Perfect thks ........

Great going their right now.......... :D

lots of people have done bed liner, why not go that route?
Never heard this before but I would think it would make wiring ur car for sound system and trying to put wires under flooring would than be a hard issue. RIGHT...... Probably hard to clean the floor as well as bedliner is very ruff.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just remember that rubber doesn't breath like carpeting. moisture/humidity trapped under there will rust your floor. wouldn't hurt to take it out a couple of times a year, checking for rust and either let the padding under the rubber air out or replace it. that is why my floor is covered in bed liner, then the carpet over that. the "rough" part of bed liner is added to the coating just before the application. i opted for just the bed liner without the rough particles added. it is quite smooth really.

Last edited:

2001FORDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
6cy
Transmission
Manual
just remember that rubber doesn't breath like carpeting. moisture/humidity trapped under there will rust your floor. wouldn't hurt to take it out a couple of times a year, checking for rust and either let the padding under the rubber air out or replace it. that is why my floor is covered in bed liner, then the carpet over that. the "rough" part of bed liner is added to the coating just before the application. i opted for just the bed liner without the rough particles added. it is quite smooth really.

Okay this is great news. however i opt for the rubber matting and what i can do is get the bedliner sprayed in the cab then add the rubber matting. or I could spary a rust proof spray in the cab floor. thks i appreciate the options. but i dont think carpet belongs in trucks.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I converted from carpeting to the vynal floor from an EDGE model truck...and honestly...as much as i love it, i hate it for the mere fact that it doesn't breathe. moisture build up this winter really sucks.....the padding underneeth soaked up the water and the stink started.

I can't wait to get my black carpet soon.

Tader82

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
really what i do to stop the moisture is to not put a cotton backing back in. in all my custom work for 4x4s i use dynomat and Al's liner. the dynomat will insulate and stop noise in the cab, and the Al's liner in and under the truck floor will again insulate, stop sound, and stop rust (and u can tint al's liner to match the color of the truck so it looks stock) and Al's liner sales all the stuff needed to do the job

http://www.alsliner.com/
http://www.dynamat.com/

and i for got about kbs love this stuff use it for everything
http://www.kbs-coatings.com/

Last edited:

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Why not bedline the floor and put your carpet or rubber over it?

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
really what i do to stop the moisture is to not put a cotton backing back in. in all my custom work for 4x4s i use dynomat and Al's liner. the dynomat will insulate and stop noise in the cab, and the Al's liner in and under the truck floor will again insulate, stop sound, and stop rust (and u can tint al's liner to match the color of the truck so it looks stock) and Al's liner sales all the stuff needed to do the job

http://www.alsliner.com/
http://www.dynamat.com/

and i for got about kbs love this stuff use it for everything
http://www.kbs-coatings.com/
Do ya'll cover up the body mount covers? That's where my water is coming in at. Darn me for pressure washing the underside of the truck!

2001FORDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
6cy
Transmission
Manual
bumping this back to the top, I just finished my fx4 hurst like shifter and bexel install, it looks great, anyways i decided this would be a good time to take out the carpet, after failing with the after market rubber flooring that you have to cut to fit, The job was horrible, I opted for carpet and the smell when dirty and wet is horrible, its like a very stale smell.

what i did was take the ranger to my bros shop called "Truck World" here in Sacramento and have them spray on the bedliner in the cab, They sprayed the floor without the harsh additive, than I used dynamat and layed it on the floor/back panel/roof/doors and side panel behind rear seats, its very professional looking. I tha layed down the rubber flooring $174 from ford dealership...oem and already cut to fit... I love it, than I placed a brand new set of red ranger floor mats.

I have pics, just give me a moment or two and I will start a thread of all the upgrades i have done, I took pics step by step.

steve63

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if ya gotta have a replacement rubber floor mat,LMC truck carries them,but- i have one in my truck and quite frankly the truck smells like shit,thats why im going to put the roll on bedliner on the floor/carpet,so at least the interior will breath:yahoo:

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
for those with the bedliner can you post interior pics please!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals