• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

another glorious day

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
so if ya'll had the same weather up there as we got down here, you wouldnt be flying down the road in 6 inches of snow in 2wd at 55mph.
QFT

I completly agree with you. No one can say anything about this guys driving until you were either there driving in the identical situation, or see a video of it. You dont know all the variables quite simply.

I live in the PNW and we dont get snow to often maybe a good one every other year or so, and Ill be the first to admit not everyone is a good snow driver (many people here dont know how to drive in it and the valley pretty much shuts down from snow). But just becuase you have driven in snow does not mean your snow driving expirence is equal.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
QFT

I completly agree with you. No one can say anything about this guys driving until you were either there driving in the identical situation, or see a video of it. You dont know all the variables quite simply.

I live in the PNW and we dont get snow to often maybe a good one every other year or so, and Ill be the first to admit not everyone is a good snow driver (many people here dont know how to drive in it and the valley pretty much shuts down from snow). But just becuase you have driven in snow does not mean your snow driving expirence is equal.
+1

There's a lot of juvenile bragging going on here. If any of you wreck in the snow, I'll try to remember to quote your claims of how fast you like to drive in the snow and ice. It will be fun to laugh at your expense.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
well, like i stated earlier, i dont need driving lessons. you learn how to drive in winter weather real quick when you get ice all the time instead of snow. it rained for hours before it snowed creating slush and a lot of ice under the snow which made real lousy driving conditions. that coupled with equipment failure just screwed me royally. and remember i live in virginia. i really dont care what happens up north and never will. its a good place to be from. so if ya'll had the same weather up there as we got down here, you wouldnt be flying down the raod in 6 inches of snow in 2wd at 55mph.
Agreed, but I do find it humorous that if there is a big Ice storm in the south, you get to watch the news and they show people with locked up brakes sliding off the road.:icon_rofl:

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
Agreed, but I do find it humorous that if there is a big Ice storm in the south, you get to watch the news and they show people with locked up brakes sliding off the road.:icon_rofl:
seen it first hand. we had a nasty ice storm last winter and there was cars all over in the ditch. not a pretty scene.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
QFT

I agree.
Keep in mind those of us that have spent every winter our entire lives driving in snow ALWAYS second guess people who say the roads are "terrible" because more often than not they have no clue WTF they are doing. I KNOW all to well how shitty ice can be and did some back pedaling when he said it was pure, or mostly ice.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals