• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

another glorious day

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
so central virginia finally got snow. we have about 1.5 inches of snow right now and have the possibility of getting 14 total. so on the way home from the inlaws. the 4wheel on the truck goes funky and quits(vacuum hubs) and the wife was following me in the jeep liberty. the jeep got loose and slid off the road into the grass median which is sloped on both sides tword the middle into a cement water run off. i see that pull off and back up the raod to get her out only to find out right then the 4 wheel is f'd up and not working. i then slide into the cement water run off. thankfully one of the folks that live onthe road came out and saw us, borrowed his dads tracor and pulled us out. parked the truck and came home int he jeep....so as of now im gonna put in manual hubs on the truck and give the jeep a front end alignment and a new front wheel and hope nothing broke. what a way to enjoy the first and most likely only snow of the year:pissedoff::flipoff:up yours mother nature!!!

and i cant even use my new 31's and go drifting in the walmart parking lot...jeez

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
so central virginia finally got snow. we have about 1.5 inches of snow right now and have the possibility of getting 14 total. so on the way home from the inlaws. the 4wheel on the truck goes funky and quits(vacuum hubs) and the wife was following me in the jeep liberty. the jeep got loose and slid off the road into the grass median which is sloped on both sides tword the middle into a cement water run off. i see that pull off and back up the raod to get her out only to find out right then the 4 wheel is f'd up and not working. i then slide into the cement water run off. thankfully one of the folks that live onthe road came out and saw us, borrowed his dads tracor and pulled us out. parked the truck and came home int he jeep....so as of now im gonna put in manual hubs on the truck and give the jeep a front end alignment and a new front wheel and hope nothing broke. what a way to enjoy the first and most likely only snow of the year:pissedoff::flipoff:up yours mother nature!!!

and i cant even use my new 31's and go drifting in the walmart parking lot...jeez
I think you need some more winter driving lessons. We northerners fly down the highway in 2wd vehicles at 55 in 6+ inches of snow.

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
driving lessons isnt what i need, my wife could use some for sure. just a case of a inch of snow piled up on saturated tall grass on a incline will do just about anyone in when the tread loads up with mud. im from newjersey. i can drive just fine in bad weather. the other problem with today is that we live in the hills/mountains of va. the roads get worse here than in most areas south of the mason dixon line.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
driving lessons isnt what i need, my wife could use some for sure. just a case of a inch of snow piled up on saturated tall grass on a incline will do just about anyone in when the tread loads up with mud. im from newjersey. i can drive just fine in bad weather. the other problem with today is that we live in the hills/mountains of va. the roads get worse here than in most areas south of the mason dixon line.
that had to of been some icy roadways. I have been running 33 inch TSLs with a mini spooled rear all winter when the roads get bad. other than my TSLs are worthless on ice they dig out of anything I can get into.

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
my 31's are general grabber at2 all terrian. they were doin fine in the snow until i got off the road. the big problem down here is that it rained yesterday and today until it switched to snow at about 1. so just got cluster F'd

gertsdsbs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
I'm right there with ya. I need a new tie rod and cant find one. It's supposed to snow tonight which means no driving for me in the next week or so.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well, the good news is that winter is only about a month left in it...and it sounds like your March "came in like a lion"...which means it will go out like a lamb...

Here in Ontario it was a gloriously sunny day...meaning we are still in for some crappy weather...should go out like a lion...as the saying goes...

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
global warming my assss

Southern_Trendkill

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1961, 2010
Make / Model
Mercury, Mitsub
Engine Size
144 "Thriftpower", 2.4 MIVEC
Transmission
Manual
You need driving lessons. My first encounter with snow was this past november. I was passing through wyoming on my way from Washington to Maine, and I stayed the night at a hotel like 2 miles from the continental divide. I woke up to 6 inches of snow, and the interstate was shut down behind me because of the ice. If I can make it through that on my first try, there is no reason you can't drive to walmart in 6 inches of snow without getting stuck.

chittybangbang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think you need some more winter driving lessons. We northerners fly down the highway in 2wd vehicles at 55 in 6+ inches of snow.

:icon_thumby:
Up until this year I've never owned a 4wd vehicle.Hell, I'm Mario Andretti going down the road now.jk

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:icon_thumby:
Up until this year I've never owned a 4wd vehicle.Hell, I'm Mario Andretti going down the road now.jk
Imagine me in my beat ass b2 with a locked rear and open front on 33s. I dont get passed very often in it.

I will give the author some credit if the roads were pure ice. I have been stuck (2wd) in the b2 trying to bump up the little curb into my drive thanks to ice. When I say stuck, I HAD to put it in 4wd to go any place. Ice can suck big time but rarely is it so smooth and slick it slows me down.

Last edited:

chittybangbang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'll be the first to admit that ice sucks.Nothin fun about that.

rickster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Nothing like flying down the road on the way to work in the morning in several inches of snow and then applying the brakes and feeling the vehicle speed up. Thats when you realize its all black ice underneath! Talk about waking up quick, it's better than a large cup of black coffee!

kamps989

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

x2 we had a about 8+ inches in 4 hours last week and that was the first time I had to use 4x4 to get somewhere and I only needed it because of the snow banks plows (though few and far between) were kicking up. an inch and a half is a piece of cake, in fact in this shitty town I go to college in they wont even send the plows out for that much.

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
well, like i stated earlier, i dont need driving lessons. you learn how to drive in winter weather real quick when you get ice all the time instead of snow. it rained for hours before it snowed creating slush and a lot of ice under the snow which made real lousy driving conditions. that coupled with equipment failure just screwed me royally. and remember i live in virginia. i really dont care what happens up north and never will. its a good place to be from. so if ya'll had the same weather up there as we got down here, you wouldnt be flying down the raod in 6 inches of snow in 2wd at 55mph.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals