• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tough day at the Office!

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Long Beach island opened last week to beach buggy fishing in holgate. I went over today played some hooky and got myself a permit. Its early in the season waters warm for stripers but the blues are poundin the baitfish already. Here's the first pick of my 08 fx4 for TRS

doin her thing daily driver/fishing trauler

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
sweet truck! dont you need a bunch of stuff to get the permit to drive on there?

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Nice!

Love the truck man. That is a sweet pic, wish there were some beaches here in UT lol

All we got is snow

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you need to be legaly registered and insured have a valide drivers license and you have to pay 50$ to the township for a 1 year pass with an IN state check. If your from out of state you have to wait 3-5 days for your permit to clear. im instate so i got mine ASAP. you also cant have more than 35'' tall tires and more than 4'' of lift. Altho that is pretty lax out here i seen a diesel up on 40'' iroks no one bothered him. he got stuck damn easy tho. My truck zips along without even airing down. I have 4.10's a manual and the torsen in the rear. My front appears to be LSD too even tho i think its not. i just know i spin all 4 wheels with ease.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they wont give me a permit, my truck is on 38.5's and i have no stability paperwork, i already checked in about that, which is why we decided against it for the weekend meet later on this month

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
you need to be legaly registered and insured have a valide drivers license and you have to pay 50$ to the township for a 1 year pass with an IN state check. If your from out of state you have to wait 3-5 days for your permit to clear. im instate so i got mine ASAP. you also cant have more than 35'' tall tires and more than 4'' of lift. Altho that is pretty lax out here i seen a diesel up on 40'' iroks no one bothered him. he got stuck damn easy tho. My truck zips along without even airing down. I have 4.10's a manual and the torsen in the rear. My front appears to be LSD too even tho i think its not. i just know i spin all 4 wheels with ease.
a few years back you had to have a shovel, a stack of wood for your jack to sit on, and i forget the rest to be honest but it was a pain lol.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
is it just areas to drive to fish or is there areas to do some wheeling too?

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
to hell with all that i bring a shovel and 2 small 1 foot lengths of 2x12 to jack up on. all in all its not much i bring a good tow strap/shove/jumpercables/highlift/2 blocks of wood

and fishing stuff too........

but i carry the shovel cables highlift and the strap daily anyway strapped to to the walls of the bed with quick hooks and the cables in the mesh elastic pocket in the cab.

i would just get a permit for the wifes car and stick it on yours. as long as you have registration for it your good. wonder what they would say if you got a beach permit for a taurus

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
its the edwin b forsythe reserve you cannot drive on the dunes or the grass. there is some damn nasty sand cliffs out there. htat you gota be carefull on. i drive out to fish its almost 4 miles of nothing but sand on the end no houses no nothing just sand and dunes to the inlet you see in the picture.

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
that sucks you have to pay to drive out there in the OBX's you don't have to pay anything and you can go swim fish and cookout.

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
yea OBX is sick. you can swim fish and camp here too. alot of guys do it with those pickup truck bed campers. I have one of those truck tents that pops up in the bed and attatches to the rails and tailgate. works pretty good i like it. you just can rip across the dunes where the birds nest thats all

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
yeah you can't get on the dunes there either but you don't have to pay just to drive on the beach tho

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I may try and run my factory tires and wheels and see how they do on the beach saterday. the terra grapplers dig like crazy, im thinkin a more streetable tire will work better. Hell a guy in a subaru wagon passed me today on goodyear eagles....yes a damn subaru wagon

DaveyFX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Long Beach island opened last week to beach buggy fishing in holgate. I went over today played some hooky and got myself a permit. Its early in the season waters warm for stripers but the blues are poundin the baitfish already. Here's the first pick of my 08 fx4 for TRS

doin her thing daily driver/fishing trauler

Nice rig.
LSD in the front? How much did the Torsion rear run you?

03Shadowbob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Torsens are standard in the FX4s. There's no LSD in the front.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals