• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

life sucks! I'll get through it.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've spent all summer Working on getting ready for the labor day blast at the playground.
Wifey (Lilred on airbrush.com) has been in and out of the hospital all week. She has anemia and high blood pressure.
I've missed about 10 hours of work this week because of it. That is OK because I get paid salary (No difference in pay).
I need to spend time with the little ones anyway.
It looks like I will be spending all weekend home with the kids.
It is my oldest daughters birthday today and we can't afford to even celebrate it.
The moral of the story is that, you don't need money and frills to be happy. Play time IS important but, the world doesn't come to an end without it. And tomorrow is always another day.

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
sounds rough man, best of luck to you and the family, and wish the girl a good one

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Hope the missus gets much better soon.

No, you can't feed her c___y castings to get her iron levels up LOL

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hope the missus gets much better soon.

No, you can't feed her c___y castings to get her iron levels up LOL
Well thanks, I never expected that from you!
That second part is especially funny, I told someone earlier that I must not have given her enough iron injections.
I try to make light of it even though I'm scared s_ _tless. She IS THE most important part of this family! Don't tell her I said that though!!!!

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
happiness is not found in anything but love and caring for people. tough times make better people because anyone can coast by on a life of money and luck (usually they are falsely happy). those who can make a good life without having everything they want are the people whom i make special effort to do random acts of kindness for because they are always truly thankful. we are not put on this earth to live without concern. those who make the best of any situation without avoiding it will always be viewed in my eyes as priceless examples of how people should live and i commend you for doing so.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
One day at a time.family is not everything,it's the only thing!All other problems pale in comparison to family problems.

My wifes medical chart has to be wheeled around on hand trucks,btdt and i watch her close.I freakin hate diabetes!

I believe 86ford coined the secret to life in his post.hang in there mutant and know that we are with you.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
One day at a time.family is not everything,it's the only thing!All other problems pale in comparison to family problems.

My wifes medical chart has to be wheeled around on hand trucks,btdt and i watch her close.I freakin hate diabetes!

I believe 86ford coined the secret to life in his post.hang in there mutant and know that we are with you.
Diabetes is HORRIBLE!! Wifeys uncle was on dialysis for years, he finally got a new kidney and then he really started to fall apart. First a toe, then his foot, then his leg. He was a really active guy in his youth and a war vet. He spent his last year in a wheelchair because of diabetes. Now her mom is starting to get bad, she has lived in a nursing home for almost a year. Wifey had justational diabetes with the last two kids. She will probably end up with it some day.
As I said though, I can get through this. I don't mean to add to anyone elses stress. I just want you all to know that I am human and I do bleed.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
It is my oldest daughters birthday today and we can't afford to even celebrate it.
maybe not with new plastic toys,but with some thought it can be a BETTER celebration from the heart(family barbeque style?).she understands.

The moral of the story is that, you don't need money and frills to be happy.
after very recently facing death from cancer and ruining my knee i totally agree.i know a few families run broke by medical bills(me for one,a job with good medical is #1 now).i'm so happy just to be alive and walking again.
my new take on life is low stess,high enjoyment.TAKE your fair share of the good times,**** the world and its issues. i know theres lots of serious things to deal with,but life is just too short to let it be miserable.
enjoy the simple things like a fond look and kiss, open a beer and hug the rug rats till they squrim and protest.
good luck,just don't let the creditors get your trucks

rick

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Good luck to you Mutant Pony. Way to stick by your family, trust me, that shows alot. Best of wishes.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Diabetes is HORRIBLE!! Wifeys uncle was on dialysis for years, he finally got a new kidney and then he really started to fall apart. First a toe, then his foot, then his leg. He was a really active guy in his youth and a war vet. He spent his last year in a wheelchair because of diabetes. Now her mom is starting to get bad, she has lived in a nursing home for almost a year. Wifey had justational diabetes with the last two kids. She will probably end up with it some day.
As I said though, I can get through this. I don't mean to add to anyone elses stress. I just want you all to know that I am human and I do bleed.
I can completly agree with you Mutant. My grandpa got diabetes in the late 90's, and he ended up loosing both of his legs because of that added with bad circulation. Even though i was only 10 at the time it was tough for my grandpa(and me) to get past that because he couldn't work on the farm anymore. Hang in their and like 86 said, one day at a time.

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
good luck man, and i know what you mean about planning to go wheeling on laborday weekend, i planned a trip in like may, and i got my liscince wendsday. but the ranger aint done(not even close) and i cant use the jeep

anyway, good luck to the whole fam damley, and when your wifey gets out, let her take the poney for a spin

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
best to your family.

i know about the wife/sick thing. been scared a few times. you just never know.

theres no replacing bitchzilla....i would not know what to do.

i had thought about a visit today...i went to snowsnake and it apparently was cancelled or somthing too. talked to a guy from the mw board that was also there in a jeep. i had been run off of what i was doing by the dnr up here today. wheelins second in any case.

again, best to you yall...hope the wifes hittin on all cylinders soon

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals