• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Agreed it’s a nice uniformed look. Haha yeah that’s what I was saying 😂😂 gotta re do it and cut the hood on top of it for (if my eyeballs are correct) 1/2 an inch 🙃 also are you running and 8.8 in the yellow bird? I saw you had taken the rear gear out but I thought 8.8s you couldn’t do that. Haha shows what I know 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Agreed it’s a nice uniformed look. Haha yeah that’s what I was saying 😂😂 gotta re do it and cut the hood on top of it for (if my eyeballs are correct) 1/2 an inch 🙃 also are you running and 8.8 in the yellow bird? I saw you had taken the rear gear out but I thought 8.8s you couldn’t do that. Haha shows what I know 🤦🏻‍♂️
I’d probably just run a different mani or cut the runners down on it. Yeah explorer 8.8. I’m almost done with the posi install. Can’t wait to see how it drives after. Once the weather gets a little nicer I want to get a tune done and max out the setup on pump gas.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Finally purchased and installed some Racecraft drop spindles. So expensive but also damn nice quality. I'm still surprised how low this AJE kit doesn't go. Front end is as low as it can go unless it's just for show. And these are beefy tires plus my flares are lower than the stock fender wells. But overall the height is perfect where it landed.

I still have various things to do. Like bigger front sway bar, a rear sway bar, remove seat tracks to get seats lower, dyno tune, modify and paint front bumper/front end, tint windows, buy/install roll pan, redo steering column setup, and buy a new power steering rack. Its just money though right? o_O

Spindles.jpg

spindles compare.jpg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Finally purchased and installed some Racecraft drop spindles. So expensive but also damn nice quality. I'm still surprised how low this AJE kit doesn't go. Front end is as low as it can go unless it's just for show. And these are beefy tires plus my flares are lower than the stock fender wells. But overall the height is perfect where it landed.

I still have various things to do. Like bigger front sway bar, a rear sway bar, remove seat tracks to get seats lower, dyno tune, modify and paint front bumper/front end, tint windows, buy/install roll pan, redo steering column setup, and buy a new power steering rack. Its just money though right? o_O

View attachment 90469
View attachment 90468
I love the look of that side exit and the rest of the truck is looking amazing man congratulations! I hear ya on that one, tossing back and forth of how much I want to spend in certain areas since I’m not going drag spec. Anytime I ask for advice everyone says just do it now or you’ll buy it twice 🤷🏻‍♂️ Still waiting on a few more things to move the truck back indoors and then I’ll be full bore to try and be turn key running (at least na if not the full twin setup ) by the 26th of August I’ll buy the trans later and cry about that I just wanna hear the fuckin thing 😂😂

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
I love the look of that side exit and the rest of the truck is looking amazing man congratulations! I hear ya on that one, tossing back and forth of how much I want to spend in certain areas since I’m not going drag spec. Anytime I ask for advice everyone says just do it now or you’ll buy it twice 🤷🏻‍♂️ Still waiting on a few more things to move the truck back indoors and then I’ll be full bore to try and be turn key running (at least na if not the full twin setup ) by the 26th of August I’ll buy the trans later and cry about that I just wanna hear the fuckin thing 😂😂
Appreciate. For the most part I did spend the money first time around, but there's still some things I wish I did differently. Things like the side exit exhaust are cool but ultimately a pain the ass. I think I finally have it dialed to where once warm its perfect and wont move too much. I also spent a lot of time on the fuel cell location, which now I wish I would have just tossed a cell in the bed and been done with it. Wouldn't mind redoing that but I probably wont. Get your truck running! That'll light a fire under your ass for sure. My steering setup really needs changed. I cant drive the truck hard through the twisties yet. Big fast turn no problem though. I cant wait to get my sway bar situation done too.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
People seem to like the truck. Hope to get it to some bigger shows/meets this year. Get plenty of attention at local events. It's funny though when I pull up to meets people usually kinda smirk at it. But once they investigate their attitude changes. Its fun. Also hoping to get kicked out of the track this :p. Be awesome to build a cage and get a little more serious about the 1/4 mile but its a lot of work for something I maybe do four times a year.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
People seem to like the truck. Hope to get it to some bigger shows/meets this year. Get plenty of attention at local events. It's funny though when I pull up to meets people usually kinda smirk at it. But once they investigate their attitude changes. Its fun. Also hoping to get kicked out of the track this :p. Be awesome to build a cage and get a little more serious about the 1/4 mile but its a lot of work for something I maybe do four times a year.
Do keep us posted. Very interesting!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Need help guys. Gonna try and move the ranger into the garage this weekend buuutt I don’t have a complete steering shaft. What did you guys do for yours or what do you think would work temporarily? It’s still the stock 90 ranger shaft out of the firewall and a sn95 rack and pinion on the other end. Worst case I’ll rent a dolly but it’s only like 200 yards up my driveway to the garage 😂
78ACE711-7AF6-40C6-96E1-8B92715EB744.jpeg

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Need help guys. Gonna try and move the ranger into the garage this weekend buuutt I don’t have a complete steering shaft. What did you guys do for yours or what do you think would work temporarily? It’s still the stock 90 ranger shaft out of the firewall and a sn95 rack and pinion on the other end. Worst case I’ll rent a dolly but it’s only like 200 yards up my driveway to the garage 😂View attachment 90662
Need help guys. Gonna try and move the ranger into the garage this weekend buuutt I don’t have a complete steering shaft. What did you guys do for yours or what do you think would work temporarily? It’s still the stock 90 ranger shaft out of the firewall and a sn95 rack and pinion on the other end. Worst case I’ll rent a dolly but it’s only like 200 yards up my driveway to the garage 😂View attachment 90662
If I understand this question correctly, I would turn the truck around on a trailer or dollies so that the read end faces toward the garage, then winch it most of the way in.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Id think you could make a temporary shaft pretty easy. But until you get the manifolds on I wouldnt make the final product. I took my column all apart essentially shortening it so much it doesnt come out of the firewall. I'm really tempted now to buy the race column off ebay that bolts up.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Just push the tire in the direction you want it to steer. Sometimes an old rim and tire and use a bar thru the holes to force it.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Well I ended up redoing my steering column and shaft. This whole electric setup was a fail. Even before it freaked out on me there was always a ton of play in the steering. Very difficult to drive on some roads. Used the bolt in column from the guy on ebay. Nothing special about it, and really I should have just made it myself. I was able to space it down with some angle to keep the wheel at a decent height but also clear the exhaust mani. very tight. Doing this I was able to remove the center ujoint and just run them at each end now. Fairly straight shot to the rack. I used a support bearing on the firewall to seal it up. Steering is so much improved now. Plus I shaved about 15lbs! Also made mount brackets to use the stock combo switch, and made a new digital dash mount.

Few other notes:

After the drop spindle install there was tons of rubbing. Could barely move it around the driveway. I probably had to raise the front end an inch, plus do some trimming. Even at that height I will rub on the inner wheel well if driving hard. Pretty sure I need to cut most of it out. So ill say it again and again, this kit really doesn't allow you to get really low. Or maybe it would be different if I was running skinnier tires up front I dunno.

Still need to source a sway bar from a explorer. Should help with rubbing. Also need a rear sway bar.

WRX seats are great but only work in these trucks if either you're short or remove the tracks and just hard mount it. I cut off the stock seat bracket and reused that. All the way back and down works great for me. Just a pain to bolt up. I was sitting way to high before I removed the sliders.

Slowly getting this thing dialed. Have a dyno appointment in a week, probably going to add water/meth to help cooling IAT's. No e85 stations here :(
Need to align the truck again, need sway bars, and then work on some cosmetic stuff. I'd love to grab a lighter hood for this thing but the cost ....ughhh. Hopefully I get kicked out of the track this year. But I dont know if my tires are up to the task. We'll see

steering.jpg
steering2.jpg
electric .jpg

Last edited:

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Anyone on here have an opinion on rear sway bar sizing? I ordered a 1.5" front. Thinking either 1" or .75" both solid for the rear.

Last edited:

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Anyone on here have an opinion on rear sway bar sizing? I ordered a 1.5" front. Thinking either 1" or .75" solid for the rear.
Either is going to make a difference. I have the .75” one. To me, that is enough but it depends on what you want to do with the truck. The extra .25” might be important.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals