• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 B4000 4.0

Walksnotruns22

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Welcome to the forum

4.0l OHV(1990-2000) is a very reliable engine, but DO NOT let it over heat, pull over immediately and let it cool off or you WILL crack a head

car-part.com this is a good place to look for local(zipcode) used parts

But you can get new rear glass

Used rear window from a 1993 thru 2011 Extended cab Ranger/B-series will work, they bolt in, later years may need 2 extra holes drilled, in truck side, not a big deal
1998-2011 regular cab rear windows will also work, they have bolt in rear windows
(1986-1992 extended cab also fit, if memory serves)

Solid or slider are interchangeable, so use what you want

1997 and earlier regular cab rear windows won't work, they didn't bolt in, they used a gasket to hold them in place
So I have a question and I don't know if I have been misinformed. I still have the window that I got last month that is the wrong window but Spalding (the junk yard) is adamant that it was right. They said they pulled it out of a 95 Ford Ranger Super Cab but the window don't have bolts to be able to install. I noticed that they also have a 2000 Ranger Extended Cab with a sliding window, would that window be bolted in? The guy on the phone acted like I was an idiot for asking if it bolts in.

The yard is a few hours from home so don't want to just make a useless drive up there again.

Thank in Advance,

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Regular cabs up thru 1997 don't bolt in, 1998 and up regular cabs do bolt in

All extended cabs bolt in
All use the same size rear window, and 1998 and up regular cab used this same size as well

You have a 1994 B4000 but don't say if its regular cab or extended cab

So can't tell you what you need

If window you got came from a extended cab(supercab) then it bolts in, if you don't see the studs then it was mislabelled on their end, on what it came from, it happens

If you have an extended cab then the 2000 slider will fit and bolt in, if you have a regular cab then it won't

Walksnotruns22

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Regular cabs up thru 1997 don't bolt in, 1998 and up regular cabs do bolt in

All extended cabs bolt in
All use the same size rear window, and 1998 and up regular cab used this same size as well

You have a 1994 B4000 but don't say if its regular cab or extended cab

So can't tell you what you need

If window you got came from a extended cab(supercab) then it bolts in, if you don't see the studs then it was mislabelled on their end, on what it came from, it happens

If you have an extended cab then the 2000 slider will fit and bolt in, if you have a regular cab then it won't
Ok, thank you very much.

I have an extended cab (cab plus).

I am assuming that they labeled it wrong but they are adamant they did not.

I guess I will call them back tomorrow and have them hold it for me. Maybe ask that when they remove it from truck make sure that it is bolt in and if not to call me.

Thanks again.

Walksnotruns22

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So I finally took the other window (boltless) back to the junk yard to get my money back. Told them they gave me wrong one, lady that was helping me look at the receipt and the window and called her co worker and idiot. She also found me one that, for some reason, they have in there system as a single cab 1994 B4000 when it clearly is cab plus. They let me go out in the yard and the guy helping me torn it out right there for me. Also got my passenger side window motor with regulator and whole assembly. Only cost me an extra 30 bucks to get the new window and motor. I know I could have saved more money doing it myself but pros and cons. Do it myself in 100° weather in the middle of a junkyard to save 50 bucks or just go next door in the ac building and pay for someone else to do it and give it to me an hr later. I like the second option.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals