• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cam synchro will not seat into oil pump drive

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Cam synchro might have rotated going in, and off a tooth. Also did you follow the finding TDC procedure and lining up the synchro and all that? There's a lil plastic tool for alignment during installation. Also hopefully you oiled up the gear really good too.

Ray Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
latest on the 2000 4.0 ranger. seems to have a miss of some sort. engine idles with no engine "shake" now but has a sputter, best way to put it, upon acceleration. all vacuum and electrical connections are good. put a new injector connection on no. 3 since I broke half the clip taking it off. hearing the tick above the engine and a more pronounced knock below from underneath. mostly everything seems good until I rev it up or drive it.
no engine light comes on. got a battery light even after a new alternator. Battery checked good. my scanner won't pick up anything. don't think it is compatible or something, seems I should be picking up codes .
going to drive it to a shop 2,3 miles from where I live next week after the 4th. wits end.
wanna thank you'all for your suggestions. Semper Fi.

Ray Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
Cam synchro might have rotated going in, and off a tooth. Also did you follow the finding TDC procedure and lining up the synchro and all that? There's a lil plastic tool for alignment during installation. Also hopefully you oiled up the gear really good too.
used the plastic cap on the synchro. pretty much at 17 degrees as instructed. engine at TDC

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals