• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
My kit came with nylon locking nuts. Did have to buy a crap ton of washers so I could run them both sides.
okay I was wondering if I would be okay to just use the locking nutz that they provided or if some locktite for extra grip. Trucks looking amazing @n2xlr8n

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
okay I was wondering if I would be okay to just use the locking nutz that they provided or if some locktite for extra grip. Trucks looking amazing @n2xlr8n
Nylocks work excellent at preventing nuts from coming loose under heavy vibration. However, you can only take them on and off once or twice before the nylon insert gets worn out. Ideally they would only get used once.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Nylocks work excellent at preventing nuts from coming loose under heavy vibration. However, you can only take them on and off once or twice before the nylon insert gets worn out. Ideally they would only get used once.
much appreciated, that was my worry was if I went to take the bolts out that the nuts would have to be replaced cause the nylon would be to worn out. Putting some more parts on today and I stole an idea from someone else in here and got the baer brake kit it’ll be here sometime June

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
I need to weigh mine still. Weight distribution should be better than stock but not sure how much.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
much appreciated, that was my worry was if I went to take the bolts out that the nuts would have to be replaced cause the nylon would be to worn out. Putting some more parts on today and I stole an idea from someone else in here and got the baer brake kit it’ll be here sometime June
Baer kit looks nice but 95 cobra brakes or even GT brakes are much cheaper and work great. My truck stops with authority with 95 cobra front and rear. Whole setup, (drilled/slotted rotors), new calipers, and pads was only $632. Entire brake system which is all new with Cobra Master, willwood prop valve, new hard lines and all braided lines was $1215. I ended up adding a sn95 ebrake system too with handle instead of the stock foot brake.

clippii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I got a steal on the bear kit from a black friday sale, probably wouldn't have gone that route otherwise.

Baer kit looks nice but 95 cobra brakes or even GT brakes are much cheaper and work great. My truck stops with authority with 95 cobra front and rear. Whole setup, (drilled/slotted rotors), new calipers, and pads was only $632. Entire brake system which is all new with Cobra Master, willwood prop valve, new hard lines and all braided lines was $1215. I ended up adding a sn95 ebrake system too with handle instead of the stock foot brake.
What combination of master cylinder/brake booster are you running? Ranger booster w/ cobra master? How's the pedal feel and weight?

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
I got a steal on the bear kit from a black friday sale, probably wouldn't have gone that route otherwise.

What combination of master cylinder/brake booster are you running? Ranger booster w/ cobra master? How's the pedal feel and weight?
Down side to the cobra stuff is you have to run at least 17's. Not an issue for me but could be for some.

Yep Ranger booster with Cobra 15/16 bore Master. Honestly I'm not sure the master was even needed but the cobra master doesn't have a plug on the end of it which gets in the way of the AJE tower brace. Pedal feel is great. Feels stock I guess. Not too soft not too firm. The Cobra booster is the same size as the ranger. I have no idea if there's much difference between the two though.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
BTW I'm running a 15:1 quick ratio unisteer steering rack. I might end up switching it out for the normal 20:1 ratio. Been driving the ranger more and more and I'm still not use to it. On the freeway especially have to be careful to make small movements. Starting to think there's just no reason to have it unless you were going to race the truck on a road course.

clippii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Down side to the cobra stuff is you have to run at least 17's. Not an issue for me but could be for some.

Yep Ranger booster with Cobra 15/16 bore Master. Honestly I'm not sure the master was even needed but the cobra master doesn't have a plug on the end of it which gets in the way of the AJE tower brace. Pedal feel is great. Feels stock I guess. Not too soft not too firm. The Cobra booster is the same size as the ranger. I have no idea if there's much difference between the two though.
That was another reason I went with the bear kit that I chose because apparently it can fit under a 15". I'll find out soon enough. Still waiting for my buddies shop to clear up before I can begin work but hopefully soon. Spoke with the engine builder and they're expecting a shipment of dart blocks by the end of June and hopefully mine will be in that batch!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual

I also got a good deal on the brake kit I did have my eyes on a standard upgraded s95 set for a decent price but the bear brakes were too damn good looking to pass up.

managed to bolt up the rack and hubs for a test fit. Should be able to run a steering linkage pretty easily.
1DADFCF5-3FD7-4268-8A53-CE033F9416D7.jpeg
22B1ADA3-9C17-44C5-94D0-FDB1F697FF71.jpeg
9314C5B2-99DE-4608-BD07-BE85C891D0D9.jpeg

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
@Yotaismygame, what's causing the gap at the front bumper? Did you have to do a small body lift? Sorry if I missed it, it's been a while since I've read the whole thread.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
@Yotaismygame, @n2xlr8n can I see some pics of your powersteering/brake booster setups? Trying to plan out what’s next and I’m scratching my head with this mustang rack attempting to figure out how to get power steering

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
@Yotaismygame, what's causing the gap at the front bumper? Did you have to do a small body lift? Sorry if I missed it, it's been a while since I've read the whole thread.
Front bumpers on these trucks are adjustable since the mounting points are slotted at an angle. Which isn't something I realized until after I installed it. Definitely not body lift. Although a body drop would be nice. Eventually ill get around to moving it up. My intercooler location makes it more work than I want to deal with right now.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
@Yotaismygame, @n2xlr8n can I see some pics of your powersteering/brake booster setups? Trying to plan out what’s next and I’m scratching my head with this mustang rack attempting to figure out how to get power steering
I'm running Epas. I adapted a Saturn Vue unit to the Ranger Column with a manual rack. Pretty sure you said you are running all Ford stuff so anything I've done wont really correlate.

My booster is just the stock unit. Should be able to see it a few pages back.

clippii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I'm going Electric Hydraulic personally so that I'll only have to have an alternator and AC on the front drive to save space, but you could run a traditional 351W setup on the serpentine. I'd look into how people do 351w swaps into mustangs as that's more or less what you and I are doing.

I ordered a Volvo Power steering pump and the necessary AN fittings to convert to the rack and pump to 6AN. Be sure to use something that's rated for the proper pressures though. Something like this Electric Power Steering Conversion. I'll post all the exact part #'s and details when I begin to put it all together but DM me if you want to go that route and I can show you what I got.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals