• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I don't own a ranger yet . . .

NoRangerDude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep CherokeeXJ
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches
My credo
Why am I on here, I don't even own a Ranger??
Hello everyone!
As the title and my username suggest, I don't have a ranger. However I am surrounded by them. My brother used to own one, my dad drives a 2019 ranger and one of my best friends drives a '98 ranger.
I currently own a 200k mile '01 focus zx3 and my pride and joy, a 2017 Fiesta ST.
At some point I want to get a 4x4 manual ranger, because both my other cars are on road and I'd like to have something with off road capability.
So far, I've really enjoyed reading some of the build threads on here. It seems like a pretty good group that I'm glad to be a part of.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I've never been a big Fiesta fan... but at $5+ dollars a gallon... they're starting to look more appealing.

There is a new Ranger coming in 2023... same architecture as the New Bronco. Bronco gets a manual... so there us a little hope for Ranger.

Not a good time to be looking at used... you'll be paying up for a decent one. But... keep an eye out and if a good deal is found... move fast cause it won't be around long.

Welcome to TRS...

NoRangerDude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep CherokeeXJ
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches
My credo
I've never been a big Fiesta fan... but at $5+ dollars a gallon... they're starting to look more appealing.

There is a new Ranger coming in 2023... same architecture as the New Bronco. Bronco gets a manual... so there us a little hope for Ranger.

Not a good time to be looking at used... you'll be paying up for a decent one. But... keep an eye out and if a good deal is found... move fast cause it won't be around long.

Welcome to TRS...
Yeah, it's a terrible time to be looking at used rangers. The prices are crazy.
I can't afford any new rangers and I prefer the size of the old ones anyway. I've always liked small cars, hence the Fiesta.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everyone!
As the title and my username suggest, I don't have a ranger. However I am surrounded by them. My brother used to own one, my dad drives a 2019 ranger and one of my best friends drives a '98 ranger.
I currently own a 200k mile '01 focus zx3 and my pride and joy, a 2017 Fiesta ST.
At some point I want to get a 4x4 manual ranger, because both my other cars are on road and I'd like to have something with off road capability.
So far, I've really enjoyed reading some of the build threads on here. It seems like a pretty good group that I'm glad to be a part of.
Welcome, NoRangerDude! Ownership is not required, but you could post a picture of your dad's 2019 and make us all jealous.

NoRangerDude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep CherokeeXJ
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches
My credo
Welcome, NoRangerDude! Ownership is not required, but you could post a picture of your dad's 2019 and make us all jealous.
I will, if I remember, but it's just a base trim, so it's not that exciting lol. Very practical though, which is why he got it.

NoRangerDude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep CherokeeXJ
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches
My credo
Here you go!
IMG_20220523_104318661.jpg

IMG_20220523_104330669.jpg

It's a pretty plain Jane truck, but I'm impressed by the power it has.
If I owned it, it would definitely be getting all terrain tires (maybe it a slightly larger size) and a intercooler grill.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
welcome to the club!

i really like those new rangers but man, are they expensive. i see lots of ecoboosts in the pic there. escape, ranger, and i guess that is the fiesta in black?

my son has a focus st, and its a blast. we had three escapes over a few year period and the last was a titanium so it had the bigger 2.0 engine. what a rocket that car was. man, it was impressive. we drove the new ranger when it first showed up on the lot but my wife said it was just like sitting in her escape since both were maroon exterior and black interior so she didn't want it. we should have gotten it because the prices went crazy right after but oh well, at least we have the 04 ranger

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
welcome..... DON'T get a ranger..... they become an addiction.... then they will swallow you whole and spit you out onto the curb panting and gasping for air .....

Cheers ....

NoRangerDude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep CherokeeXJ
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches
My credo
welcome to the club!

i really like those new rangers but man, are they expensive. i see lots of ecoboosts in the pic there. escape, ranger, and i guess that is the fiesta in black?

my son has a focus st, and its a blast. we had three escapes over a few year period and the last was a titanium so it had the bigger 2.0 engine. what a rocket that car was. man, it was impressive. we drove the new ranger when it first showed up on the lot but my wife said it was just like sitting in her escape since both were maroon exterior and black interior so she didn't want it. we should have gotten it because the prices went crazy right after but oh well, at least we have the 04 ranger
The escape is a na 2.0 sadly. But yes, lots of Ford's and that little black one is the Fiesta.
That's interesting what you say about the ranger prices going up. I bought my fiesta in 2020 and it has almost increased in value since I bought it despite me adding miles. Car prices are so high right now.

NoRangerDude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep CherokeeXJ
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches
My credo
welcome..... DON'T get a ranger..... they become an addiction.... then they will swallow you whole and spit you out onto the curb panting and gasping for air .....

Cheers ....
Oh I know all about car addictions! Since I'm already doomed, I feel like I might as well add another vehicle!
:LOL:

dirtymike

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger lwb
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1 inch spacers
Tire Size
P23575R15
My credo
Do unto others then Split-probasti me et chognuisti me

dirtymike

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger lwb
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1 inch spacers
Tire Size
P23575R15
My credo
Do unto others then Split-probasti me et chognuisti me
yep, sold world wide the first or second gen, not sure after that. I seen alot of them in Europe

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
The escape is a na 2.0 sadly. But yes, lots of Ford's and that little black one is the Fiesta.
That's interesting what you say about the ranger prices going up. I bought my fiesta in 2020 and it has almost increased in value since I bought it despite me adding miles. Car prices are so high right now.
You can buy an older Ranger, get a new engine, get it painted, buy new upholstery, new wheels and tires. And when all is said and done, your Ranger will be reasonably new again. All of this will cost less than half the price of a new one.

I know. I've done it. I'm not the only one either.

I like the older Ranger. It fits in my garage, parks in tight places, and holds a lot of stuff.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic

Cheers ....
Reminds me of an old girl friend.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals