• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

17x7.5 Crown Vic PI wheels on '03 2wd Ranger ??

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
I'm getting a full set of free 17x7.5 CVPI wheels with the caps off an '07 Vic and I'm wanting to run them on my '03 2wd Ranger.

Anyone know how fitment will be? Pics would be cool if anyone is running them. I plan on running them with a 3/5 drop..

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The 07 era Crown Vic has around 55mm offset on the wheels, while the Rangers are generally 12mm, so you are ~43mm or 1.7" different. So, if you want to run those on your Ranger you will need adapters of somewhere between 1.5" - 2.0" to get the tires in the right place. Make sure you buy good ones that have the correct bore size so they center properly, and make sure you loctite the adapter on so you don't have those nuts coming loose.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
Thank you rubydist, that's the best info yet. They are the factory Ford wheels straight off the car, I will make sure to check bore size. I know the look I'm going for but I'm not sure I'm 100% confident running that large of a spacer. I'll have to make a decision..

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
we have run spacers and also adapters on many cars and even used them auto crossing. you won't have trouble running that size spacer.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I'm getting a full set of free 17x7.5 CVPI wheels with the caps off an '07 Vic and I'm wanting to run them on my '03 2wd Ranger.

Anyone know how fitment will be? Pics would be cool if anyone is running them. I plan on running them with a 3/5 drop..
I really like the look of the CVPI's but always wondered how much each one weighs, compared to the aluminum LTC 15" that I have now.
LTC rims on Ranger.jpg

These came off a 95 Lincoln Town Car. No spacers needed

Last edited:

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have 1.25" adapters on my 09 FX4 with Mustang wheels on it. They work just fine. You will get pushback from some tire stores though, because some of them have rules against spacers or adapters.

Attachments

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you rubydist, that's the best info yet. They are the factory Ford wheels straight off the car, I will make sure to check bore size. I know the look I'm going for but I'm not sure I'm 100% confident running that large of a spacer. I'll have to make a decision..
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/crown-victoria/2007/ has center bore of 70.5mm as does your '03 Ranger. Both are 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern.

Running an 1.5" spacer (54mm offset for CVPIs versus 12mm for Rangers = 42mm, 1.5" = 38mm) puts the load on bearing, steering geometry, etc at more/less the same position as Ford engineers designed. So, if you use good spacer and Loctite them on as per @rubydist , you shouldn't have any issues.
Ensure the studs on the spacers have large heads, and torque them on by hand. Biggest issues with spacers are: they never sat flat again the hub; weren't centered; bolts for steel axles were used and/or rims were impacted on. Aluminum doesn't have the same ultimate strength as steel and if you fail one, the spacer won't last​

I've been running a set to allow me to run Mustang rims for over a decade now without problems.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
I greatly appreciate each of yall, it's been a great help !! I've got enough confidence now to run em with spacers, I have zero experience with spacers and always heard a lot of negatives. I'll make sure they are installed correctly, thanks again yall !! I'll update with pics as I get to it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals