• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Super Deuce

Astro_fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Welcome to TRS!! I've seen your rig on FB I believe.

Thing is a beast, great craftsman ship on your work too!

We are all drooling! :drool:
Right on thanks! There might be some pics of it floating around there, but I don't. There are some random pics on my inactive IG and deep on/in desertrangers somewhere.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
So is that a Dana 35 with Dana 44 knuckles and hubs? What size BFG's are you using? What gear ratio is in the axles? Did you custom build your own TTB drop brackets?

Awesome build!!

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
I'm tempted to mark this post NSFW after seeing those welds

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Mr_fusion...

Thanks for taking the time to share what you got going on with your Super Deuce. I thought there was a bit more then meets the eye with it.

Your fabrication and welding skills make me think I should just take my metal working tools out back and just set fire to them. But I won't... I'll just keep plugging away and try to channel some of your powers my way. Awesome work man,..

Love the flat line torque you got out of that 4.0L SOHC... I'm a fan of that engine. Not so much of the over complicated timing system but they sure feel better to me then the OHV version. Maybe a ModBox super charger is in your future?

I may pull some inspiration from your roll cage too...

Once again... thanks for sharing and welcome to TRS.

If you're ever just killing time on the internet... stop in over at Bronco Corral... we always have room for more enthusiasts there.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
That is a pretty sweet B2, I like it. Kinda wish my abilities and wallet was on that kinda level, but it won‘t stop me from trying, lol. Lack of a garage to work on stuff in is kinda my big hindrance too. It’s on the list though, lol.

Astro_fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So is that a Dana 35 with Dana 44 knuckles and hubs? What size BFG's are you using? What gear ratio is in the axles? Did you custom build your own TTB drop brackets?

Awesome build!!
Hey thanks, and yeah that's the front hub hybrid setup, 33 x 12.5's right now, 4.10's with a truetrack in the rear. Beam brackets I modeled 1.5" of drop which is pretty close to rangito stx geo, couldn't find a set in the yards around here.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I wondered about your wheels too...

How wide and backspace? They don't look like the factory Alcoas I have.

Astro_fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Mr_fusion...

Thanks for taking the time to share what you got going on with your Super Deuce. I thought there was a bit more then meets the eye with it.

Your fabrication and welding skills make me think I should just take my metal working tools out back and just set fire to them. But I won't... I'll just keep plugging away and try to channel some of your powers my way. Awesome work man,..

Love the flat line torque you got out of that 4.0L SOHC... I'm a fan of that engine. Not so much of the over complicated timing system but they sure feel better to me then the OHV version. Maybe a ModBox super charger is in your future?

I may pull some inspiration from your roll cage too...

Once again... thanks for sharing and welcome to TRS.

If you're ever just killing time on the internet... stop in over at Bronco Corral... we always have room for more enthusiasts there.
Might consider a supercharger down the road, especially if it sat lower, but for now I just want some good base miles again.

Wheels are factory f150/bronco Alcoas. Not too sure what the exact specs are other than they cost $52 each at the yards.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Beautiful brackets, my cutting skills are not up there yet. Been finding using a plasma cutter takes more skill then I thought to make a clean cut. I like your garage security system 🙃

Astro_fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Went and yanked a fomoco box from the yard a few weeks back, did a flush and seal job on it along with all new all moog steering. This is now the 3rd steering box for this truck, box 2 (some autozone garbage) felt bad after 1 trip and was leaking all over the rig. Front coilovers also got a quick check up, was paranoid I bent the drivers side shaft but it cycled by hand perfect. Been Daily driving this thing for a while now, the m5od feels killer, also took all the lead weights off the wheels after adding balance beads inside, pretty significant increase in comfort, highly recommended.
IMG_20220409_111533.jpg
IMG_20220409_155124.jpg
IMG_20220409_155130.jpg
IMG_20220409_155142.jpg
IMG_20220409_155147.jpg
IMG_20220409_111604.jpg

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Made it a point to use the best parts fomoco put out for rangers and explorers for this build.
What FOMOCO parts catalog did you use, pretty certain I ain't never seen those parts in one of them.

Soooo.....I suppose you think you can weld? :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's welded?!?! I thought he just opened a roll of new dimes and glued them on.

I was taught to identify a bad weld as part of my tech training for avaition maintenance. The instructor even said it's a good thing I don't need to be a welder, just know how to identify problems, cause I can't weld for shit. I was (emphysis on was) good at identifying a bad weld though, and my friend, that ain't a bad weld!

Say wanna move to GA and do some pro-bono welding work for me? I've got a floor pan that's gonna need replacing.

Bronco ii Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31x10.50-15
Awesome setup dude!

Astro_fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What FOMOCO parts catalog did you use, pretty certain I ain't never seen those parts in one of them.

That's welded?!?! I thought he just opened a roll of new dimes and glued them on.

I was taught to identify a bad weld as part of my tech training for avaition maintenance. The instructor even said it's a good thing I don't need to be a welder, just know how to identify problems, cause I can't weld for shit. I was (emphysis on was) good at identifying a bad weld though, and my friend, that ain't a bad weld!

Say wanna move to GA and do some pro-bono welding work for me? I've got a floor pan that's gonna need replacing.
Haha right on thanks! I do mostly aviation work now, so if you got any leads in Georgia I'd consider relocating my machines, half my friends just moved there. Still may need a lot of beer to attach that floor though!

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
That is hands down some of the best welding I've ever seen. And the BII ain't bad either. Seriously awesome build and work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals