• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

86 Bronco II... G-Unit

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Fermented foods, CBD, and a terpine named limonene will all be very good for you. There may be other terpines that will help besides limonene.. the information is definitely out there, just gotta find it.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Well they didn't do much today... but was told I will have to have radiation treatment prior to removal. So tomorrow I see that doctor and have a visit and exam from my new oncologist. I also have a date to get a biopsy. I'm not going to let it pull me down.

I got an earful from the wife about a book she read and we also watched the documentary... called The China Study. It's really about animal proteins and their effect on the human body. None of them are good. I believe our goal is going to be less then 15% of our total protein intake can come from animal protein. Many of the things that make us sick and unhealthy can be corrected by changing our diet. The studies are out there and our food system is really killing us and big pharma welcomes it so they can sell us drugs.

It's still early and there will be more answers as times goes on...

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I was shown a documentary in high school PhysEd about how red meat and milk cause cancer. No bull shit.

Take everything concerning your diet with a grain of salt. Everyone wants to sell you something. ( a book, a movie, cook book, a new pot.)

I agree a lot of health problems can be solved by a proper diet. Cutting out heavily processed foods with preservatives goes a long way by itself.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
I read that certain diseases can only thrive if the body leans more towards the acidic side of things rather than alkaline. Certain dairy products, fish, sugar, meat.. all make the body more acidic. Oddly enough (that's science for you) consuming certain acidic foods actually makes your body more alkaline.. like lemons.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Seriously... "The China Study" is a really good watch.

In reality... our entire food system is set up not by science but by big business and their lobbyists that line the pockets of our elected officials. These officials know it isn't healthy but the greed and the agendas of these big businesses has won the battle. I believe the science is there and has been for a long time. They just refuse to inform the general population for profit. At the end of the day it's always about greed and the dollar.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Seriously... "The China Study" is a really good watch.

In reality... our entire food system is set up not by science but by big business and their lobbyists that line the pockets of our elected officials. These officials know it isn't healthy but the greed and the agendas of these big businesses has won the battle. I believe the science is there and has been for a long time. They just refuse to inform the general population for profit. At the end of the day it's always about greed and the dollar.
Your absolutely right. The fact that proved that to me was in 2010 when some ex Monsanto dick became the head of the fda -__-

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
Wife has been a health freak for a looonnnggg time.
Top of your list is is quit smoking -- it's really hard -- I know. But you can. We both quit about ten or 12 years ago
A bad side affect is that food tastes better - so there goes your weight.
Recognizing a change is needed is the first step. So you got this.
Good luck with the oncologist.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Wife has been a health freak for a looonnnggg time.
Top of your list is is quit smoking -- it's really hard -- I know. But you can. We both quit about ten or 12 years ago
Recognizing a change is needed is the first step. So you got this.
Good luck with the oncologist.
Agreed... smoking is on the top of the list. I told the wife to please left me get through this first week of appointments/discovery process. Nicotine withdrawals and everything else that is going on... can't be a good combination. She smokes too... and honestly... we are both ready to just put it behind us.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Be prepared to gain 10-20 lbs.

Not only can you taste your food. The cigarettes suppress your appetite, so you are going to be hungry more as well.

I quit two packs a day cold turkey about four five years ago. There is not a day that goes by where I don't want to smoke three packs of cigarettes at the same time.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
As my very outspoken grandmother use to say... Tommy if you gain any more weight you will be clothes shopping at Flint Tent and Awning. LOL... damn I miss her.

Just gonna have to face all this shit head on... not many other choices. I suppose I will have to give up my Diet Mountain Dew too...

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
You've got this. Let us know if there's a way we can encourage or help with accountability.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Diet sodas are worse than regular sodas for your body, mostly because of the artificial sweeteners used and I’ve heard rumbles that cancer grows better with artificial sweeteners. For the most part I cut out soda pop nearly entirely several years ago. Made a big difference in my health replacing it with water, and a lot of it. I usually try to drink 1-2 gallons of water a day, sometimes more. Once I’m done with my morning orange juice and coffee, it’s water until dinner, a beer to help digestion usually, and water until the next morning. Most of the time if I do buy some pop, I get Dew or Pepsi Throwback. The stuff with the real sugar, because your body knows what to do with real sugar. Cut out a lot of dairy and preservatives and stuff in my diet like 30 years ago and that helped. Pretty Much all of our meats come from wild game or local butcher shops that buy from local farmers. There’s also a health food farm nearby that mom gets a lot of stuff from, they carry a lot of the more organic and less processed kinds of stuff.

As for the Bronco II, it sounds about right. I bought my 88 for $340 and it’s been driven for almost 3 months in all the years I’ve owned it. Don’t ask how much has been thrown at it, probably a few grand at this point. My choptop I paid $160 for and I’ve probably cumulatively driven it about 2 years in all that I’ve owned it. I know I’m somewhere north of 5 grand into it at this point. Both still need time and money. But, both have been fun the time that I have driven them, especially the choptop, that thing is a hoot. Be a lot easier if I had a garage to work on things in, really want to finish the cage and the top for the choptop

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
That movie is true to an extent. The deep state of established techniques used to feed the masses are LOOOOONG IN DEVELOPMENT. And just that...money over time...

But it's all bullshit that is mostly avoidable for those that pay attention. And it does cost more to not swallow the pill that makes you ILL.

In our cases....I suspect it is far too late.

We are pickled with the poisons of modern society But it's not the rule

Me . My house...
The vast majority of our meat comes from people we know...personally

and where the animals feed
...what they are fed....how....and what bullshit they are or are not injected with.

Balance is key.

Diet for all is bullshit. Humans don't have a diet across the board.

There are generals...like antioxidents and omegas and certain proteins and fibers you can say are across the board.

You have to figure out your needs.

Eskimos and Hawaiians and Norseman....

Those diets are not the same.

Generally at my house ..

We know the names of the chickens we eat and even the ones that lay our eggs . ...

Just today ..
KIMG1117.JPG
KIMG1116.JPG

Cows pigs and chickens.....

You possibly could get 90 percent of your protein from our Meat and egg supply and lose 50 pounds.....or die.

I wander the country in the course of my income sourcing...and I can't eat properly on the road because I am a lazy cheap bastard. But I don't eat garbage unless I have to...

Smoking. .. I know(knew) people all the way to triple digits that smoked their when life.

I don't smoke .... But I don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be

For the majority sure. Obviously

Radon is a much bigger problem ....

We only know what they sell us in the medical field

Best luck to you brother.....if you need oil call me

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Thanks bobby... and thanks to everyone else too. Been a long stressful week to say the least. I was hoping to have a few more answers by now but much of the diagnostic procedures will be coming this next week. MRI... PET scan and biopsy surgery all next week. Then we wait for the results. My radiologist is ready to start treatments... I even had a CT scan and their state of the art equipment has a file to address the known tumor and has me scheduled for 5 sessions a week... Monday through Friday for seven weeks. I'm thankful all of this is located minutes from my front door. I feared I would be driving into Chicago daily for this.

I've been looking to get away from Food INC. for a few years now... this probably pushed it to the forefront and I have started the process already. I just wish I was already back in Michigan with a freezer full of venison. I'm sure my wife is ready to eliminate animal proteins all together... me not so much. I also have an appointment with a nutritionist and the wife has an ever growing list of questions. I'm hoping there can be a more "in moderation" approach to a healthy diet to fit my needs.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
It’s a proven fact that most wild game is far healthier than common farm raised animals for us. Venison is considered leaner and healthier to eat than chicken. So I would definitely vote for eating more wild game than anything. Meat from local farmers is next on my list. Everything else? If I have to… just don’t fully trust commercially raised stuff. I don’t know the names of the animals I eat, but I’ve met a few of the local farmers and the vibe of this area is likely about what it was in 1799 when our local church was founded. People around here farming have largely been here generations doing the same thing and are proud of it. The one big local potato farm, the old man is in his 80s and still throws a big bag of taters around like it’s a feather. I like getting food from people like that rather than a supermarket.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals