• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Maverick is weird

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
people are dumb, there's a decent hill on my way to work in a 55mph zone, going uphill we will do 50 at the bottom and 60 at the top, and on the way down we will do 60 at the top and 50 at the bottom... people will park in the left lane next to a person in the right lane doing 48mph on the flats. In the single lane no passing areas they will do 44mph with their brights on and slow down for oncoming traffic then speed up to 60 in the passing zones... I don't have the luxury of horsepower in the daily driver ('97 2.3L manual trans extended cab Ranger) so I can't just pass randomly in the 1/4 mile passing lanes...
That sounds like everywhere I’ve ever driven.

RegularGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I can't just pass randomly in the 1/4 mile passing lanes...
Air horns are relatively inexpensive, it's worked well for me... They usually move over or pick up the pace once they've soiled themselves

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I really want to be driving a Maverick a year from now. I currently have an 01 Accord I daily, but its quickly getting to be more a hassle maintaining than its worth. A Hybrid Maverick would be everything I need, 40mpg, and will haul a lot of stuff the Accord does not. And I'll still have my F150 for when I need to pull a trailer or haul mulch, wood, etc. Too many times I've driven my Accord to work and realized I messed up because I needed to grab a sheet of plywood or something on the way home, Not a problem with a Maverick.

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Air horns are relatively inexpensive, it's worked well for me... They usually move over or pick up the pace once they've soiled themselves
Not in NJ... Most drivers will just flip you the bird and do whatever the hell they feel like.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Not in NJ... Most drivers will just flip you the bird and do whatever the hell they feel like.
I had had a guy from NJ nearly tbone me while pulling into my driveway, 25mph side street people use as a short cut. He came back later to yell at me while I was outside doing yard work, trying to give me driving lessons. :icon_confused:

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I had had a guy from NJ nearly tbone me while pulling into my driveway, 25mph side street people use as a short cut. He came back later to yell at me while I was outside doing yard work, trying to give me driving lessons. :icon_confused:
Yeah... that will happen. I was sitting there with my blinker on, waiting to pull into my driveway when this happened:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.

Man.. I was pumping gas one day at a station that was on the corner of a bigger 4 way intersection.. casually looking at traffic moving through said intersection I saw a car run their red light after traffic from the other way had already started to move... big bro dozer dodge who got cut off by the car laid on their train horn and I almost soiled myself lol. Can't imagine what the driver of the car did haha

I want to do one better though... fog horn off a tanker ship or something. I have a feeling that a fog horn is probably too big to hide under my hood though lol.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Man.. I was pumping gas one day at a station that was on the corner of a bigger 4 way intersection.. casually looking at traffic moving through said intersection I saw a car run their red light after traffic from the other way had already started to move... big bro dozer dodge who got cut off by the car laid on their train horn and I almost soiled myself lol. Can't imagine what the driver of the car did haha

I want to do one better though... fog horn off a tanker ship or something. I have a feeling that a fog horn is probably too big to hide under my hood though lol.
My neighbor (owner/operator) has an actual locomotive horn on his rig. I'm used to it by now, but it's funny as hell to watch him use it.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I'll just add a third ticket (for you) to that gofundme. Enjoy spending the rest of your life on Pluto.
Can I spend the rest of my life on Uranus instead? 😇❤

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.

RangerBilly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT Long
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The New Maverick, and other "trucks" like it, remind me somewhat of the small vehicles driving around that dystopian Los Angeles in the original Blade Runner. Not quite a car, but not quite a truck either, in the traditional sense. More like an SUV with an open bed.
I have the long bed, and it works for me for carrying firewood, big appliances, lumber, drywall, and junk. Doesn't work well as a daily driver, with its 12 mpg appetite. My biggest complaint is that the frame probably won't last another ten years in our salt belt.
I like the idea of a traditional truck that doesn't pretend to be a commercial airliner with four wheels. Got a look at the Maverick owners manual posted by Mr. Oaks. Whew! It looks as it would weigh like the telephone book of a mid-sized American town, it I wanted to supply the paper to print it out. Sorry, I know Ford needs the money, but I love controls that I can operate in the dark, not a TV screen I have to look at to tune the radio! This car/truck has way too many bells and whistles, even in its base form. The price, however, is VERY attractive. I can just see Wifey falling in love with it when the time comes to replace the Ranger. But not yet. Gonna hold on to the old one as long as I can!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals