• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Snow!

CrabGuy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2004-Bone stock
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Why should I pay someone else to screw it up when I can screw it up myself for free?
I had to dig out the jacket this morning. Pretty soon I’ll have to swap to long sleeve shirts. I wouldn’t mind spending a winter up north. I sometimes feel left out not knowing about snow chains and shovels and such. It’s funny to me that power tools exist to deal with weather.
LOL Have you needed the fleece lined flip flops yet? My family is in Winter Park and having their big T-Day dinner outside!

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I'll give you the rundown..

Chains are a pain in the ass, a dedicated set of winter wheels/tires is the way to go. Put em on in late November, take em off in late may.

Shoveling can go to hell. Having a blower that can fit between the railings on your front porch is a must lol.

If your an individual who's capable of piloting your vehicle through a snowstorm like nothings even going on.... having to drive anywhere when it's snowing is the most aggravating thing ever. It doesn't take long to get stuck behind a subaru doing 20mph down a 50mph road because there's a dusting of dry fluffy snow on the pavement.

The treatments they dump/spray on the roads to keep them from freezing will eat through steel like nobody's business. It's estimated that BILLIONS of dollars are spent every year in the rust belt on rust repair. It's so bad that politicians have suggested that people who live in the rust belt should be given a tax credit for having a vehicle that dissolves every time you drive it for 4-5 months of the year.

Hearing people complain about having to drive to work when it's snowing is absolutely maddening. I'm sorry... but... it's not even remotely practical to shut everything down just because it's snowing. These people will complain about having to drive into work when it's snowing, but would raise holy hell if they stopped by dunkin donuts on their way home and couldn't get a coffee because theyre shut due to weather. MOVE TO FLORIDA ALREADY!!!!
Oh, come on. Tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back (except foul language).

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Oh, come on. Tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back (except foul language).
Using all the swear words from all the languages still wouldn't be enough for me to accurately describe my unhappiness about winter 🙃

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Winter is when all the people who don't know how to drive in it and don't properly set their vehicles up for it come out. Every year, it's a surprise, or so it seems to the outside observer. Like it isn't a recurring thing that happens or anything at generally set times of the year...

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
It started snowing as soon as we got to Colorado springs yesterday. It didn't stick though and even though it's colder today, there is no rain in the forecast.

Attachments

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
50 years ago today I was scheduled to work at the low end department store where I worked part time during high school. I had a sandwich for Thanksgiving dinner and headed to work- even though we had 2 feet of snow and it was still coming down. After driving 12 miles to the store I found an untouched parking lot and windrows almost 4 feet tall so I found a place to turn around and made it to my Grand parents house in time for dessert. No one called me to say the store was closed and I never got paid a dime for my efforts. I'm perfectly happy with the bare ground we have today.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I’m a little behind in my prep. The vehicles are pretty much solid. The battery in the 2011 is marginal but still functional and not struggling. I do want to get an AGM ASAP as a replacement.

The main body for the carport is up. I just need to get the side awning support attached and I can pull on the cover and string the lights. I really would prefer to have had this done by now but life keeps happening. It’s getting done though.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
I’m a little behind in my prep. The vehicles are pretty much solid. The battery in the 2011 is marginal but still functional and not struggling. I do want to get an AGM ASAP as a replacement.

The main body for the carport is up. I just need to get the side awning support attached and I can pull on the cover and string the lights. I really would prefer to have had this done by now but life keeps happening. It’s getting done though.
I processed warranty claims from 1985 until June 2017. We sold Motorcraft batteries with 100 month warranties(we didn't stock the 84 month batteries) and had so few of them fail that I had to look up the prorate procedure if I needed to do one. My Mustang sits from November 1st until mid April every year and I replaced the Motorcraft battery at 9 years old even though it was still starting because I would have to replace the battery cables if they had jump start scratches on them. My truck is getting a new Motorcraft battery next spring.

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
We got 3-4" of snow last night and the town plowed my not quite frozen dirt road. I just friggin' love shoveling mud windrows.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
flurries here today, tarped up the allis since I dont have garage space for it at the moment. Moved my trailers around & put the 3-point blade on the ford tractor just in case I need it later. Wish the ground would freeze up solid, my 3000# tractors sure leave tracks that will stay there awile.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Went up to visit the in-laws today. The was snow on the mountain.

A lot of people out for deer too. Uncle Steve got one, but didn’t want to take care of it. So I didn’t even have to go tramps around on the side of a mountain and still got the pleasure of sticking my hand up a deers butt.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals