• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1986 2.9l Ranger lower driver side window sash/bracket thing.

spikesotelo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Is this a must have to get my window rolling up and down again? I can't find these things anywhere and they just break anyways, my windows are manual and both of these broke off causing it to fall and not hold up right. help please and thanks.

#Brumbey1!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89 bronco2
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Is this a must have to get my window rolling up and down again? I can't find these things anywhere and they just break anyways, my windows are manual and both of these broke off causing it to fall and not hold up right. help please and thanks.View attachment 68136
If you have access to some 85-90 manual window cranks and regulators you can swap out to some up grades. Which will bolt right in no moding the doors. These will take elbow grease but worth it. As the newer ones are mostly all metal amd are way easier to fix when they do break. Ill send some picks of what I'm saying.

spikesotelo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
okay, sounds good. Im not exactly sure what parts you mean, my regulator and handles are fine.

spikesotelo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
If you have access to some 85-90 manual window cranks and regulators you can swap out to some up grades. Which will bolt right in no moding the doors. These will take elbow grease but worth it. As the newer ones are mostly all metal amd are way easier to fix when they do break. Ill send some picks of what I'm saying.
Is the 1st gen glass compatible with the second gen regulators and lift guide?

#Brumbey1!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89 bronco2
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
this is a pic of a 89 broncoII glass bracket with the regulator separated from the vertical track.

Attachments

#Brumbey1!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89 bronco2
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
They should fit in the door pocket. Just remove a regulator assembly and bolt it in. Bam! done. All the 84to 90 should all have the same doors. Just small saddle differences.

Richardtheranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xl
Transmission
Manual
Is this a must have to get my window rolling up and down again? I can't find these things anywhere and they just break anyways, my windows are manual and both of these broke off causing it to fall and not hold up right. help please and thanks.View attachment 68136
I need the right and left ones for my ranger please

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals