• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Going back in.... last time i hope..

Orca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I mean in all honesty by the time it's said and done I probably could have found a 5.0 and done a swap for the same amount of money,
Yeah, but then your daughter would never get to drive it because Dad would be using it all the time! ;):p

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yes I did. Thanks for asking @Orca . I notice my test report has no readings, just PASS or N/A. I asked the guy why he didn't use that probe at the tail pipe, he said, "I could". May be the rules have changed. Overall, my truck has no odd smell in the engine bay or the exhaust, no oil and coolant leak. Its idle has a very small and periodic jitter, which will be my future FORScan homework.
Good deal bud

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yeah, but then your daughter would never get to drive it because Dad would be using it all the time! ;):p
That was the plan...😂 idk why but ever since we got this truck I've wanted to put a 3/2 lowering kit on it, FAT ARSE tires with a mild cammed v8. The PATS system scares me though. I know there's ways around it but....

mc17eln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Since working on this pickup I've messed up 2 ratchets, didn't have a compression tester, my air compressor stopped working correctly, I burnt up my impact now I need a fuel pressure tester. This is another reason I like working on things. New tools usually aren't questioned...🤣

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
it is possible to test injectors. you have to get a bit creative with air hose and adapters.
a did this a few years ago, it does work.

get some hose, about 2-4", that fits over the input of the injectors, and an adapter for an air hose on the other end.
I used a valve stem adapter so I could charge the hose and it would retain the pressure.

put the hose on the injector, poor something not as flammable as gas like rubbing alcohol into the hose then attach the other end.
charge it with 60 psi.
it should hold the fuel.
apply 12v to test the pattern, do short bursts.
bonus info, to rapidly turn the injector on/off try hooking one power lead to a very coarse wood file and stroke the other lead across the teeth.

for the most accurate reading while testing the injector resistance really grind the probe tips into the pins. surface contaminates can throw readings off a bit.

mc17eln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I DO have my old injectors in, they are no good. 1 reads 10ohms, 2 others are 11.8 ohms and the other 3 are 12.4 ohms.
... surface contaminates can throw readings off a bit.
I have the same thought when I first read the ohm values @Shadowridr1 Injectors just have a simple EM coil with the same length of copper wire for the same model. With the cold fuel constantly passing through the fuel rail, I don't believe the injectors are hot enough to melt wire insulation to short circuit the coil. I would clean the contacts and your multi-meter probes with brake cleaner before testing their resistances. Also, I recommend getting one of these cheap but effective cleaning/testing kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/352819192943

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So, I changed out the plugs again this morning. Also the new injectors came in. I removed the old ones I had on the fuel rail and this is gas that came out. I assume it's oil, but how in the hell is oil in the fuel rail. If this ain't oil then what is it. Bigger question is WTF do I do about it. Not going to put the new injectors in till this is figured out that's for certain

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Is this dirty gas or did someone put something in my fuel tank?? I have a fuel filter coming too, but not going in till this is answered DEFINITELY

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
These plugs are 2 months old and have been mostly used during all of this. I've pulled them twice and cleaned them. This was what they looked like this morning. #1 & #5 were saturated. The other were dry

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I would pull the fuel filter and put a container under the Fuel Pump OUT hose, then hot wire/jumper the fuel pump relay to pump out some fuel from the tank
Key on and off a few times might get enough fuel, then put it in a glass/see thru container
To see if its the gasoline in the tank
You may have been Pranked

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I would pull the fuel filter and put a container under the Fuel Pump OUT hose, then hot wire/jumper the fuel pump relay to pump out some fuel from the tank
Key on and off a few times might get enough fuel, then put it in a glass/see thru container
To see if its the gasoline in the tank
You may have been Pranked
Ok I'll do that. New filter should be here tomorrow anyway. What does it look like to you Ron??

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Looks like dirty water or old gasoline

Water is heavier than gasoline so settles to bottom in a container
Picture here of water and gas, water is at the BOTTOM of container: https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d77d5add0f877780961a6611d265e109.webp

Looks similar to what you see

While fuel rail is out blow it out maybe put some cleaner in it, let it sit and blow it out again
Do the same with fuel line from filter to Rail when filter is off

Last edited:

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Looks like dirty water or old gasoline

Water is heavier than gasoline so settles to bottom in a container
Picture here of water and gas, water is at the BOTTOM of container: https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d77d5add0f877780961a6611d265e109.webp

Looks similar to what you see

While fuel rail is out blow it out maybe put some cleaner in it, let it sit and blow it out again
Do the same with fuel line from filter to Rail when filter is off
Yes sir will do. I'm going to just do to full gusto... drain and drop the tank, pull the fuel pump, clean it best I can and replace with a new pump as well. This is a cycles of the key and it sitting for about 15 mins.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals