• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Farm and Garden

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dad said if I get the Oliver I might as well get the cultivator too... so I picked up the cultivator for it yesterday. Or at I at least tried to get all the parts anyway. Grandpa didn't get it until after dad moved out so none of us have ever put it on and it hasn't been on for decades.

There was a 4 row for parts next to it, I grabbed everything that didn't have trees growing thru it (coupe shanks, spare latches and a second rockshaft) the big mounting pipes are in the truck.

Looks like this installed, pretty weird compared to my JD and A-C's which basically just have a gang that bolts on each side of the tractor.

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
This is my Ranger. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Finally gave in and got rid of riding mowers for a fancy new Zero Turn Ferris IS600Z

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Them Zero turns are sweet, but I hear they are not very good for anything other then mowing. Shouldn't be towing or pushing anything with them.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
This is my Ranger. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Attachments

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Them Zero turns are sweet, but I hear they are not very good for anything other then mowing. Shouldn't be towing or pushing anything with them.
Same goes for most any kind of lawn mower.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
This can do more than mow, and when it does mow it’s 6ft width per pass.
EEAD064A-BECE-43F5-BE1C-D215DFDE49B3.jpeg
B6C0B56D-1D1C-4752-A68A-74D7D99DBC99.jpeg

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Mine only does 48" wide. But when everything is sharp and clean, it makes some fast passes.

20210401_143355.jpg

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.

Just spent an hour trimming leaves off the plant on the left. First picture is yesterday, second is today. Must've taken 100 leaves off, but it hardly looks like it 😆

The point of taking leaves off is to ensure the plant gets plenty of sun.. and more importantly.. airflow through the center. Cannabis as a whole is super susceptible to powdery mildew, with some strains being more effected than others. The sun & airflow helps the plant dry itself of moisture quicker in hopes of either cutting down on PM growth or to ensure it doesn't develop at all.

On top of that, now that the plants are flowering.. you don't want the buds to hold dew or any moisture or else you run the risk of the buds rotting. Both PM and bud rot can completely ruin a whole crop if not taken care of.

Starting to get all crystaly 😍

My plants are about 4 weeks into budding. 3-4 weeks to go and then it's harvest time.

I'm not looking forward to harvest time. Trimming is the absolute worst. Guaranteed way to get carpel tunnel I swear. I think I'll look into getting myself an auto trimmer this year actually.

The last time I grew I ended up only trimming about a half of what my plants produced.. because I was just so GD tired of it. I trimmed up the best looking buds and gave the rest to a coworker. What I ended up giving him was still enough for HIM to get tired of trimming and throw the rest in the trash 😆 everyone hates trimming. Its awful.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
View attachment 64802View attachment 64803

Just spent an hour trimming leaves off the plant on the left. First picture is yesterday, second is today. Must've taken 100 leaves off, but it hardly looks like it 😆

The point of taking leaves off is to ensure the plant gets plenty of sun.. and more importantly.. airflow through the center. Cannabis as a whole is super susceptible to powdery mildew, with some strains being more effected than others. The sun & airflow helps the plant dry itself of moisture quicker in hopes of either cutting down on PM growth or to ensure it doesn't develop at all.

On top of that, now that the plants are flowering.. you don't want the buds to hold dew or any moisture or else you run the risk of the buds rotting. Both PM and bud rot can completely ruin a whole crop if not taken care of.

View attachment 64804

Starting to get all crystaly 😍

My plants are about 4 weeks into budding. 3-4 weeks to go and then it's harvest time.

I'm not looking forward to harvest time. Trimming is the absolute worst. Guaranteed way to get carpel tunnel I swear. I think I'll look into getting myself an auto trimmer this year actually.

The last time I grew I ended up only trimming about a half of what my plants produced.. because I was just so GD tired of it. I trimmed up the best looking buds and gave the rest to a coworker. What I ended up giving him was still enough for HIM to get tired of trimming and throw the rest in the trash 😆 everyone hates trimming. Its awful.
Unless it is wild, then it is just fueled by hate and just grows like nuts... until the Roundup kicks in.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Unless it is wild, then it is just fueled by hate and just grows like nuts... until the Roundup kicks in.
I've heard that a lot, maybe all, of the "wild" cannabis in the U.S. are descendants of hemp grown many years ago as a cash crop, for fiber in rope making. Not nearly as much THC as today's commercial strains, but taller and more fibrous, and grows like a damned weed.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've heard that a lot, maybe all, of the "wild" cannabis in the U.S. are descendants of hemp grown many years ago as a cash crop, for fiber in rope making. Not nearly as much THC as today's commercial strains, but taller and more fibrous, and grows like a damned weed.
That is because is a damned weed...

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
That is because is a damned weed...
"While we were putting out the brush fire in that old field, I had this really GREAT idea! Let's bag this stuff up and sell it. We'll call it 'weed'."

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Yeap, apparently the Midwest is full of feral "ditch weed" lol, and definitely most likely all from our nation's hemp industry back 100 years ago or so.

Hemp barely has a fraction of the thc as "regular" weed. Hemp is classified as having under like .03% thc... and the strongest stuff you can buy in stores nowadays is closing in on 30% thc.

There's a few different kinds of weed other than different strains..

Cannabis sativa.. which is more of a head high type feeling, energizing.. originates from central/southern America. Sativas grow tall like a tree, and their leaves are long and skinny. I've had 12' tall sativas before.

Cannabis indica comes from the terrorist-y part of Asia.. and is a body high type of weed. Smoke a fatty of some indica and your just gonna want to watch funny pet videos on YouTube and eat doritos until you fall asleep. Definitely not a "do chores" type of joint. Indicas don't grow as tall, and really bush out. Their leaves are shorter and fatter.

Cannabis ruderalis is the "newest" type of the devils lettuce and it hails from the Siberia area. Ruderalis is low on thc and a real small plant. Lucky to get to 2' tall. Science nerds have managed to hybrid ruderalis with sativas/indicas and create "auto-flowering" strains that don't rely on shorter days to start budding and rather automatically start to flower after 3 months of vegetative growth.

I'd like to grow some autoflower strains indoors this winter.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeap, apparently the Midwest is full of feral "ditch weed" lol, and definitely most likely all from our nation's hemp industry back 100 years ago or so.

Hemp barely has a fraction of the thc as "regular" weed. Hemp is classified as having under like .03% thc... and the strongest stuff you can buy in stores nowadays is closing in on 30% thc.

There's a few different kinds of weed other than different strains..

Cannabis sativa.. which is more of a head high type feeling, energizing.. originates from central/southern America. Sativas grow tall like a tree, and their leaves are long and skinny. I've had 12' tall sativas before.

Cannabis indica comes from the terrorist-y part of Asia.. and is a body high type of weed. Smoke a fatty of some indica and your just gonna want to watch funny pet videos on YouTube and eat doritos until you fall asleep. Definitely not a "do chores" type of joint. Indicas don't grow as tall, and really bush out. Their leaves are shorter and fatter.

Cannabis ruderalis is the "newest" type of the devils lettuce and it hails from the Siberia area. Ruderalis is low on thc and a real small plant. Lucky to get to 2' tall. Science nerds have managed to hybrid ruderalis with sativas/indicas and create "auto-flowering" strains that don't rely on shorter days to start budding and rather automatically start to flower after 3 months of vegetative growth.

I'd like to grow some autoflower strains indoors this winter.
Yeah, I don't think it is really good for much more than freaking out city slickers that just know what it looks like.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals