• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Not able to accelerate after about 25 to 30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
Would it be worth the time to go out and re do the injectors again? I'd rather it be proper than close to proper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
An ignition coil is an ignition coil, so the number of cylinders doesn't matter, 4, 6, 8, 10 would all use the same coil and produce "enough" spark

You could have a "bad" coil, you can't really test them, well you can test if they are "real bad" but can NOT test if they are good

So if you think its a spark issue then swap coils

In an 8cyl engine the Coil sparks 4 times per 1 revolution of the crank
So at 800RPMs the coil is sparking 3,200 times PER MINUTE
At 3,000rpm the coil is sparking 12,000 times per minute, that's 200 TIMES A SECOND

A failing coil can have a "delayed" recovery, causing misfires at higher RPMs
Coil needs time to "recharge" between sparks, doesn't need much but needs some
So its certainly possible for a failing coil to cause your issue
You said that the injectors layout followed the firing order, should the wiring match the firing order instead of what was recommended as well? An I never found if a motor being a high out put was specific to sequential fuel injection or if it could be a ho batch fire

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Wiring would be what the computer uses and then changed to match HO firing order if it was different

So you need to know what V8 engine the computer was build for

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
When I search the number on the pcm I found it went to a 88 to 94 or 93 f150 302 v8

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Did any have HO engine?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
I don't quite remember but Ill try too look it up tomorrow when I have daylight to see the numbers, I went out to see if I was losing spark anywhere and I had noticed that lil bits of spark were coming through my line going from my ignition coil to my distributor, they were all along the line touch the plastic that was under it, I swapped my line and it feels kinda better, I'm checking to see if my injectors are working like they should be

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You can get a NOID light and timing light and check if the injector is opening just before spark happens on that cylinder, would appear almost instantaneous

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
Idk if it's workin at all I can't feel the pulse that I can feel on others

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
My rear driver's side injector doesn't feel like it's pulsing, when I rotate the injector slightly so it's not putting tension on the wire, the motor seems to cut out real bad like it had been doing when I get going down the road, all the others on my driver's side can be felt pulsing when the engine is running

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
My pcm when I look up the part number is telling me it's for a 92 or 93 f150 or bronco with a 5.0 in it

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
The last letters of it are, aha I mean it's capital but does It mean that it's a vin h?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
After relocating some wires on the injector line, it didn't want to start even though I was getting voltage to my coil so I swapped my coil an it start but sounded bad like something wasn't working properly, I kept messing with stuff and found that some of my spark plug wires were backwards when I was trying it before, a sound seems to be coming from the passenger side what seems like the oil pan but Im pretty sure it's not rod knock, my roommate said it sounds like I don't have any oil in it, I know Ive got oil in it , but Ill add more since none is on my dipstick, the repair manual I have says that the 92 - 93 ford pcm for f150s was batch fire so I wired it out like that on the injector wires

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
my roommate said it sounds like I don't have any oil in it, I know Ive got oil in it , but Ill add more since none is on my dipstick
Uhhh dipsticks don't usually lie...

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
after yesterdays rewiring, it now seems like I've got some kind of a knock coming from the engine now,not sure what it is figured it might something not working but it seems to follow the crank so I think this engine might dying currently, time to get another I suppose,

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
Uhhh dipsticks don't usually lie...
Yea last night after I was showing my buddy what sounded wrong, I went to check the stick and nothing was coming out, he said my oil might be pooling up on my pistons but, I checked the oil again today and it had oil in it, the motor sounds like its out of time or something, I can't rotate the dizzy without the engine just bogging and dying, the idle has becoming disturbingly low as well since rewiring, I took the number one plug out an it's covered in carbon buildup an was wet still from what seems like oil

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals