• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Opinions on vinyl floor?

Woogie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Same place Woogie got his. He started the thread before me. ACC is the company. Looking for woogie for some pics. He has a 95 extended cab. The only problem i had is taking it in and out so many times my arms are sore but it paid off. This stuff is hard to train unless it is subject a heat gun or set it it the sun until its pliable. My total to the door was 187.00. Found out why the shifter is sloppy. I think Core shifters are back in business. Better order before they shut down.
I'm doing a bunch of other upgrades while the interior is out so my progress is a bit slow. I pulled the blown factory amp and had to rewire the radio harness. I also replaced the OEM speakers because the foam surrounds were deteriorating. The seats had practically no foam left so I decided to do the seat swap and the replacements are powered so I'm going to have to wire them through the channel in the floor. While I was looking for seats I found a junker B4000 with an almost perfect headliner, which lead to pulling out my torn up one, which lead to putting foam on the roof to cut down the heat from the sun beating on it. I found another B with power windows at the same yard, so I cut out the switches and wiring and will be changing my manual crank windows to power. Plus I'm going to install a backup camera and that's easier to do while the floor is out since it requires the wiring to come up through a grommet.

So the relatively simple floor replacement has kind of snowballed. 🤣

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Thanks guys!

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I'm doing a bunch of other upgrades while the interior is out so my progress is a bit slow. I pulled the blown factory amp and had to rewire the radio harness. I also replaced the OEM speakers because the foam surrounds were deteriorating. The seats had practically no foam left so I decided to do the seat swap and the replacements are powered so I'm going to have to wire them through the channel in the floor. While I was looking for seats I found a junker B4000 with an almost perfect headliner, which lead to pulling out my torn up one, which lead to putting foam on the roof to cut down the heat from the sun beating on it. I found another B with power windows at the same yard, so I cut out the switches and wiring and will be changing my manual crank windows to power. Plus I'm going to install a backup camera and that's easier to do while the floor is out since it requires the wiring to come up through a grommet.

So the relatively simple floor replacement has kind of snowballed. 🤣

Next thing you know you will have the engine torn apart.... :p

dirtymike

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger lwb
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1 inch spacers
Tire Size
P23575R15
My credo
Do unto others then Split-probasti me et chognuisti me
Not Me, Im going to pick up gravel as soon as the shifter is in. Its a 2.9, so why would i do that. Dirty

Woogie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My little red tater. Second layer floor and back are done with the exception of some taped edges. I was probably way more meticulous about cuts and conforming to edges than I needed to be.

I'll make decisions about whether I want to do the extended area sides and around the edges when the trim starts going back on.

Attachments

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
I was probably way more meticulous about cuts and conforming to edges than I needed to be.
There's definite satisfaction in a job done well. You are doing this right, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished results.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals