• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wanted In search of Front bumper/grill/bull guard for 1987 ranger

bborland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
In search of Front bumper/grill/bull guard for 1987 ranger , like this one that came from the factory . any leads would be appreciated thanks very much

rfechef

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6
Transmission
Manual
I do have a few bumpers and grills... All are shiny metal... Not in perfect condition... What else are you looking for?

bborland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I do have a few bumpers and grills... All are shiny metal... Not in perfect condition... What else are you looking for?
thanks Ryan , im looking more for the bull guard in the photo above or beefier aftermarket bumpers

rfechef

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6
Transmission
Manual
thanks Ryan , im looking more for the bull guard in the photo above or beefier aftermarket bumpers
I have that bar on my truck... To be honest it can easily be fabricated with 1/4 steel plate, weld on tabs for the attachment to the bumper and some large tubing for the middle... The light guards are much smaller... All can be welded together, factory one is done with bolts.

Attachments

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
@bborland you may want to check out AffordableOffRoad
I bought a set of these they did some custom work on my front and I bought a rear and tire carrier for the newer style I will have to fab my own brackets for the rear but front looks amazing. Super quality work very reasonable almost cheap price and made in AMERICA.
I had mine powdered at a local shop for several hundred more dollars but worth every penny. We'll see how it holds up to that 9500 lb winch but it seems pretty stout, all 3/16" plate.
IMG_20210609_212637524.jpg
IMG_20210609_212645974.jpg

And NO I did not need to put the bumper, lights or winch on at this point in the build, but I did :)

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here are some part numbers and pics of the factory options from the "1987 Ford Accessory Catalog" if that helps any:

Since I will never sneak up on one I intend to build the winch mount, Warn made a similar one called a "Transformer"

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I have (2)gen 3 warn trans4mer grille guards, one has never been out of the box. I did have a 1-peice welded grille guard on my ‘88 years ago but I let it go with the truck when I traded it in. Check junkyards maybe?

Drummadude

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I am looking for a grill and some other parts for my 87.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
BBorland,

You may consider extending your search to the 88-89's. I pulled a factory bull/brush bar combo from the yard from an 89 and installed it on my 87 Ranger. It wasn't a 100% perfect lineup but it was a SOLID 94.7%. End of the day, fully functional and received compliments; the price was right to $35 plus 1 can of primer, 2 cans of top coat.

bborland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have that bar on my truck... To be honest it can easily be fabricated with 1/4 steel plate, weld on tabs for the attachment to the bumper and some large tubing for the middle... The light guards are much smaller... All can be welded together, factory one is done with bolts.
right on ! I need to learn how to weld , that look sick !!

bborland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
@bborland you may want to check out AffordableOffRoad
I bought a set of these they did some custom work on my front and I bought a rear and tire carrier for the newer style I will have to fab my own brackets for the rear but front looks amazing. Super quality work very reasonable almost cheap price and made in AMERICA.
I had mine powdered at a local shop for several hundred more dollars but worth every penny. We'll see how it holds up to that 9500 lb winch but it seems pretty stout, all 3/16" plate. View attachment 62987View attachment 62988

And NO I did not need to put the bumper, lights or winch on at this point in the build, but I did :)
that's bitchin man !!! thanks im gonna check them out

bborland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Here are some part numbers and pics of the factory options from the "1987 Ford Accessory Catalog" if that helps any:

Since I will never sneak up on one I intend to build the winch mount, Warn made a similar one called a "Transformer"

wow that's awesome, details !! much appreciated !!

bborland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have (2)gen 3 warn trans4mer grille guards, one has never been out of the box. I did have a 1-peice welded grille guard on my ‘88 years ago but I let it go with the truck when I traded it in. Check junkyards maybe?
nice yea im on the junkyard digs lately , something will pop up sooner than later !!

bborland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
BBorland,

You may consider extending your search to the 88-89's. I pulled a factory bull/brush bar combo from the yard from an 89 and installed it on my 87 Ranger. It wasn't a 100% perfect lineup but it was a SOLID 94.7%. End of the day, fully functional and received compliments; the price was right to $35 plus 1 can of primer, 2 cans of top coat.
that's what im talking about !! I will add those years to my search, I didn't know that. thank you !!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals