• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How do you honestly feel about ford.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Best story I heard on driving was from a pilot of a small aircraft. I was in Civil Air Patrol as a teenager and one of the pilots told us of a long day flying. Then getting in his car to drive home. He was coming up to a tee intersection with a fence and no amount of pulling back on the steering wheel would get him over the fence. I would have loved to see him explain that one to the cops and insurance

AJ

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

NIGERIAN RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Is this flying car going to have foldeable wings to be able to land on conventional roads for vehicles, or there are special tarmacs made for such already? This technology would be great in cities where you've terrible gridlocks, and even in emergency situations (ambulance).

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
With the hover conversion the wheels will fold underneath, as seen on this delorean model. Roads? where were going we dont need roads.....
0379E19D-2360-42CD-A5CB-4FD8F2694710.jpeg

DILLARD000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford
Make / Model
SportTracJob2
Engine Size
V6~4.0L~SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
As a kid, remember reading in a 1965 Popular Mechanics magazine (<20YearOlds now with eyes roling "A magazine?")
that we would all be driving flying cars within 10years;
that's a scary visual now, crazed distracted drivers flying low over your roof!

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
As a kid, remember reading in a 1965 Popular Mechanics magazine (<20YearOlds now with eyes roling "A magazine?")
that we would all be driving flying cars within 10years;
that's a scary visual now, crazed distracted drivers flying low over your roof!

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Daydreaming and texting idiots can't drive in two dimensions without causing wrecks, I sure don't want them flying over my head.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Best story I heard on driving was from a pilot of a small aircraft. I was in Civil Air Patrol as a teenager and one of the pilots told us of a long day flying. Then getting in his car to drive home. He was coming up to a tee intersection with a fence and no amount of pulling back on the steering wheel would get him over the fence. I would have loved to see him explain that one to the cops and insurance

AJ
Pushing/pulling on the steering wheel is actually pretty common for pilots.

When they fly for a living there is also an urge to straddle the center line like they do on a taxiway.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Is this flying car going to have foldeable wings to be able to land on conventional roads for vehicles, or there are special tarmacs made for such already? This technology would be great in cities where you've terrible gridlocks, and even in emergency situations (ambulance).
I’m pretty sure a stink would be made by some 3-letter organization if a person took off from or landed on a public road and it wasn’t an emergency.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Helicoptors do ambulance better than fixed wing. They can land wherever, take off from wherever and a helipad stuck on the roof of a hospital is not a big deal compared to a runway.

Dunno where he was going but I had one fly over my farm last night actually. Based on the direction he was flying I suspect they were flying back to the hospital they base it at.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Ever noticed people are constantly complaining about how cars have gotten too sophisticated and they hate all the modern technology?

I always wondered how far back this goes?

Did people in the 60's complain about how complicated hydraulic power brakes are and long for the mechanical brakes on their old model A?

Did people in the 30's complain about the internal combustion engine and long for their steam powered automobile from their youth?
Improvements in the past were mostly mechanical improvements that were either invisible to, or made things easier for the driver. The technology in modern cars are mostly features. This is good for people who like sensors that turn their headlights on and off, but not so good for people who panic because they don't understand that there is now an "auto" setting for your headlights and the location of the controls may or may not be in a location that makes sense. Some people just want to flip a switch and turn the light off. Furthermore, extra features were mostly optional in the past. If you just wanted a vehicle to drive you could buy the base model and bypass all that. Features have turned into marketing ploys to "justify" higher prices. So now you don't have a choice. If you want to buy a vehicle you are going to get one with all kinds of technological features you might access with a lever on the side or the steering column, or maybe it is buried five layers down in a submenu on the entertainment system. All this along with those goofy ghetto looking low profile wheels on trucks and SUVs that many of us don't like.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Ford has certainly made some mistakes with their engines over the years. But as a whole, their trucks are the best in my opinion.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

Shadowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 4x4
Transmission
Automatic
My two cents, having quickly read all 8 pages here...I've been leery of Fords ever since around 1975, when working on a car at a Chevron station out in the driveway, I had to go into the bays for another tool. (Working on a t-stat at the front of the car, with my back to the bay inside.)
If I had stayed there for another 30 seconds I'd have been in a wheelchair ever since.
A mechanic working on a '65 Ford LTD walked away from it for a second while it was idling in the bay. It went into reverse by itself and backed 40 ft. down a slope into the front of the car I had been working on, banging bumper to bumper. I came back to the car and was WTF?
It was in the media for awhile after that as it seemed to be a problem with those full size Fords.

Later, in the early 90's I needed a full size wagon for my work. Bought a '90 Taurus wagon, then a couple years later a '92 Taurus wagon and both were good cars, both bought used. AC was superior to my mom's friend's Lexus. But seat mounts inside the cars rusted and although they held up, their transes were suspect. Really had no complaints with those two.
Now this '01 Ranger that I'm saving from the junkyard. Fit and finish suck. Door panels, door strikers, rusting seat mounts, window glass leaks, plastic heater cores that fail and nearly impossible to replace, rear suicide door cables using plastic locking ends that break, making it impossible to open the door.
Luckily I found the fix on u tube with aircraft aluminum end pieces.
But the point is Ford could build a better car and truck if it wanted to.
Now, depending on where you look online, you see Ford's total debt at $49. billion to $103 billion. Billions.
Did I read correctly Ford gave BLM $100 million?
Rant over. Thanks for reading.

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
I could tell a similar story about pretty much every other brand out there. Just saying...

Oh, BTW, the U.S. Government lost more than 100 million in the GM bailout. Or so I've heard.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals