• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas.

RangerRyan50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
You don't have to. You could drop the tank until you have access to the part where the filler neck attaches to the tank.. Pulling the bed would probably be easier when it's all said and done. If you don't have something like a transmission jack to raise and lower the tank.
Is it important to fix if fuel isn’t leaking out of it?

RangerRyan50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
They break alot...
Called one transmission guy and he said that A4LDs are great transmissions. He’s had a shop in my area for 35 years and has great reviews. He said try the fluid and filter change as it could be a possible cause

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Is it important to fix if fuel isn’t leaking out of it?
Yes because it is an EVAP system leak. Not only will the EVAP system not function properly which can lead to your charcoal canister becoming contaminated and fail, it also causes a vacuum leak on the engine during the purge cycle. And finally, just because gasoline is not leaking OUT doesn't mean water is not leaking IN.

RangerRyan50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
Yes because it is an EVAP system leak. Not only will the EVAP system not function properly which can lead to your charcoal canister becoming contaminated and fail, it also causes a vacuum leak on the engine during the purge cycle. And finally, just because gasoline is not leaking OUT doesn't mean water is not leaking IN.
Could this be a possible reason for my shifting/power loss above 2500rpm issues? Or would this be unrelated

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Called one transmission guy and he said that A4LDs are great transmissions. He’s had a shop in my area for 35 years and has great reviews. He said try the fluid and filter change as it could be a possible cause
Here you go... A whole thread about how great they are. :icon_rofl:

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Could this be a possible reason for my shifting/power loss above 2500rpm issues? Or would this be unrelated
Only if it's intermittent. The vacuum leak caused by a hole in the fuel system would only cause running issues when the EVAP system goes into purge mode, otherwise the purge solenoid is closed and therefore nothing to leak.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The only reason to be polite enough to have friends is so you have someone to help you remove a bed...

Luckily, it only take two people to remove a ranger bed, so you only need to have one friend. Or just give a homeless guy a pack of cigarettes to help you.

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Before you take the bed off, i would give the tank, and filler a good cleaning and examine the filler closely. old bolts in the bed are a PAIN in the ASS to remove, and will probably need to be replaced as usually 1 or 2 will bust while trying to take them off. I can't see a small pin hole screwing with the filler. Take a good look at what is going on or you might be heading down a rabbit hole that needs not be ventured into.

I have just last night taken off the box of my 92 because the fuel pump caved in, decided the box off would be the worst of the 2 evils. 2 bolts were rusted to hell, one needed the cut off wheel to remove, and the other busted in half and needed some curse words to get out of the nut/holder. Know what you are getting into before you jump into a bigger problem.

cheers

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals