• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Farm and Garden

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
You want lots of maters and peppers... put a 1/4 cup of this under your seedlings. Then do a sprinkle around the plants after about 6 weeks. Been using it for years and the stuff just plain works.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
If anyone grows things that you really don't want powdery mildew on.. spray that sh*t with SM90.

It's mostly organic.. stops PM in its tracks, and smells like wintergreen which will keep a lot of bugs from messing with whatever you sprayed it on.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
@Dirtman That tractor is either a 600 or 800 series, 2N/8N series was a 120 cid flathead (20 hp), you have a overhead valve engine, so probably a 134 (30 hp) or a 172 (48 hp). My 2000 was a diesel originally but had a engine change to gas, should be a 134 but is a 172.
I can see your hydraulic pump on the right side of the engine, a “N” doesnt have that either, its pump is in the belly after the transmission and is driven off the pto shaft, pto must be running for 3 point to work, pressing the clutch stops everything.
select-o-speeds were basically a manual valve body automatic. lots of planatarys & bands. lots of parasitic horsepower loss too even when working right. Id rather have the 5-speed or a 4-speed with a sherman auxiliary.

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
My ex's uncle has a small-medium sized Massey Fergusen. Thought I had a picture of it on my phone but can't find it. It's a diesel, probably 80's model. Model 460 or something like that maybe? Very nice to operate. I used it with a pulverizer to grade my yard. And did other similar projects. Never used the pto. We had a Ford 6610 for bush-hogging. I liked both tractors.

Last edited:

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
If your asking me..

Noooooo.

Between dirt, nutrients, trimming scissors, jars & hygrometers ill have under 200$ invested, and If all goes well I'll harvest over 3200$ worth of bud.

Beaurocrats are useless. Were allowed to possess 2.5oz of bud legally.. but there's no definition or whatever laying out at what point the bud needs to be weighed.

During the drying and curing process, bud loses a heartbreaking amount of mass & weight. Clip 2.5oz of fresh bud off a plant.. and after drying and curing (curing could take up to 6 months if you want to be extremely thorough).. you may only end up with a single ounce.

This is a problem. One only the government could provide lol.

I find it entertaining that I could legally stockpile 500k gallons of vodka if I wanted.. but more than a couple ounces of dope is a big no-no.

My two plants will provide well over the legal amount.. as an upstanding lawful citizen I'm going to be left with no choice other than to burn the "extra"... trade it off mabey... donate it to goodwill... idk. Well cross that bridge when we get there.

This is an eye-opening 3 part documentary that everyone needs to see. It dives in to areas of drug trafficking throughout history that no other documentary has ever went in to. I've seen a LOT of them too.

I had to find a pirated version of it to even watch it a while back. Hard to locate online.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
@Dirtman That tractor is either a 600 or 800 series, 2N/8N series was a 120 cid flathead (20 hp), you have a overhead valve engine, so probably a 134 (30 hp) or a 172 (48 hp). My 2000 was a diesel originally but had a engine change to gas, should be a 134 but is a 172.
I can see your hydraulic pump on the right side of the engine, a “N” doesnt have that either, its pump is in the belly after the transmission and is driven off the pto shaft, pto must be running for 3 point to work, pressing the clutch stops everything.
select-o-speeds were basically a manual valve body automatic. lots of planatarys & bands. lots of parasitic horsepower loss too even when working right. Id rather have the 5-speed or a 4-speed with a sherman auxiliary.
Dang, I didn't even look at the head. I can see the hood now against the wall is later.

How long did the transmission driven pto deal last?

I would have thought that would have died with the N's... although to be honest I can't see any reason for it to exist in the first place aside from cheap to build.

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
This is an eye-opening 3 part documentary that everyone needs to see. It dives in to areas of drug trafficking throughout history that no other documentary has ever went in to. I've seen a LOT of them too.

I had to find a pirated version of it to even watch it a while back. Hard to locate online.

Thanks for the link. I'll have to watch when i have time.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Dang, I didn't even look at the head. I can see the hood now against the wall is later.

How long did the transmission driven pto deal last?

I would have thought that would have died with the N's... although to be honest I can't see any reason for it to exist in the first place aside from cheap to build.
I was surprised you missed that, From what I could find, ground driven pto on a ford was quite rare, may have been a 841. Only thing its really good for is a hay rake. There was something unusual you could get with the select-o-speeds pto wise. The “hundred series” in general had a lot of combinations in general. Plus a item like a sherman combination was available but not a ford part. N’s mostly had “step up” if they had a sherman, was some “step down”s . I think a sherman combination (both in one gearbox) was mostly put in the NAA but Ive heard it will work in a N. only ever saw one in person, was in a jubilee (1953 NAA). A 134 & 172 look the same externally, and there’s another similar but bigger 4cyl that was a industrial engine you could swap in, a 192. Dont know the horsepower but it would certainly tax the rear end, especially in a 600/2000 series. Great ID attachment, my 2000 looks similar but back fenders are blue like hood. just got a grill guard/bumper for front and painted it. (came in red) Havent mounted it yet.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was surprised you missed that, From what I could find, ground driven pto on a ford was quite rare, may have been a 841. Only thing its really good for is a hay rake. There was something unusual you could get with the select-o-speeds pto wise. The “hundred series” in general had a lot of combinations in general. Plus a item like a sherman combination was available but not a ford part. N’s mostly had “step up” if they had a sherman, was some “step down”s . I think a sherman combination (both in one gearbox) was mostly put in the NAA but Ive heard it will work in a N. only ever saw one in person, was in a jubilee (1953 NAA). A 134 & 172 look the same externally, and there’s another similar but bigger 4cyl that was a industrial engine you could swap in, a 192. Dont know the horsepower but it would certainly tax the rear end, especially in a 600/2000 series. Great ID attachment, my 2000 looks similar but back fenders are blue like hood. just got a grill guard/bumper for front and painted it. (came in red) Havent mounted it yet.
I will never claim to be a Ford tractor connoisseur. :icon_thumby:

N series are pretty common around here like at shows and whatnot but most people DIY them so they never come in the shop. Tune up stuff and switches we stock and they sell well.

The dealer must have died before the 100 series, they are pretty scarce. We have one guy that collects them and he says what the model is (ahem, correctly @Dirtman) so there is no CSI work to figure out what they are.

I have always been around the bigger row crop stuff, I am more familiar with the ins and outs with that.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
What do you want from me I got it free from some old man. It's not like it came with a title, owners manual, or any identifying badging whatsoever. :dunno:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What do you want from me I got it free from some old man. It's not like it came with a title, owners manual, or any identifying badging whatsoever. :dunno:
No title?! Sure it isn't stolen?

I did include a link a couple posts back about how to decipher what model it is. No big deal, you just said 8N and I just went with it lol.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
No its not stolen... or if it was it was stolen more than 50 years ago cause thats how long it sat in the guys yard before I got it. :icon_rofl:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
My brother got into Ford tractors a few years ago since there's no love for them (other than the N's, those are more expensive than they're worth) they're cheaper than other brands... more tractor for the money... but he uses the newer stuff compared to yours, 3 cylinder 4000 on up to the turbo 6 cylinder 9000... If you found a Ford 2000 or 3000 3 cylinder, you'd probably be just fine, pretty much if it's blue it's probably got better features than the grey or red ones :). The nice thing about the 3 cylinder engines is they used them for like 50 years, so parts are readily available.

My wife just planted some stuff in the flower bed, a tomato and some basil or something... I just wish my yard water would go down far enough that I could mow the wetland area, I need to get this reed canary grass under control one of these years...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals