• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Farm and Garden

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I've had good results with several Fox Farms products.

Happy Frog

Ocean Forest

Bush Doctor Coco Loco

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
If you are talking about sweet corn yes.

I planted it in dry dirt and I checked last night, the seeds are still sitting in dry dirt. Need to fix the hydrant so I can get it watered...

The other stuff I only know doesn't like roundup.
Uhh that's green corn. :icon_rofl: also edited to add today's events...

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
If anyone wants a dumb ford N series 9n I think but I forget... I'll sell it for a case of clam chowdah. I need a PTO drive.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Anyway, I got a poop flinger for my tractor a couple weeks ago. Really need one but can't use it BECAUSE MY DUMB TRACTOR HAS NO SEPERATE PTO DRIVE! everything drives off the axle so if the tractor ain't moving neither does the gizmo. I wanna park the tractor and fling the poop out of the chute into the "garden" area. I said screw it and tried to drive in circles around the garden but I have too many trees so poop literally just went everywhere. Me and my tractor are now covered in pig poo...
Put the tractor on jackstands?

People love those little Fords, you outta trade it for something with a real PTO. Kinda surprised a 8N has enough poop to even run a PTO spreader...

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Put the tractor on jackstands?

People love those little Fords, you outta trade it for something with a real PTO. Kinda surprised a 8N has enough poop to even run a PTO spreader...
It's not little to me lol.

She ain't pretty but it was free and it works after alot of love. Just not good for driving implements....

20191204_101731.jpg

This is how I got it, not how it is now lol. It has yet to say no when I chain something to it lol.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Later 8N with the side mounted dizzy, as far as 8N's go PTO aside it is one of the better ones.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I need nothing more. I'm not a farmer lol. It may be weak by real farmer standards but I put it in low and it'll pull anything I want. It has yanked some stumps, I move my boat with it, it works like a tractor, slow as hell but doesn't stop. I just wish I had a similar size tractor with a PTO. I only have like 1 acre of clear land for growing things, and 1 acre for my animals, the rest is swampy forest. But a tractor is definitely a cool tool to have regardless. With a PTO I can get like forklift attachments and engine lifts....

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Isn't it cheaper to just buy that at the store? :dunno:
If your asking me..

Noooooo.

Between dirt, nutrients, trimming scissors, jars & hygrometers ill have under 200$ invested, and If all goes well I'll harvest over 3200$ worth of bud.

Beaurocrats are useless. Were allowed to possess 2.5oz of bud legally.. but there's no definition or whatever laying out at what point the bud needs to be weighed.

During the drying and curing process, bud loses a heartbreaking amount of mass & weight. Clip 2.5oz of fresh bud off a plant.. and after drying and curing (curing could take up to 6 months if you want to be extremely thorough).. you may only end up with a single ounce.

This is a problem. One only the government could provide lol.

I find it entertaining that I could legally stockpile 500k gallons of vodka if I wanted.. but more than a couple ounces of dope is a big no-no.

My two plants will provide well over the legal amount.. as an upstanding lawful citizen I'm going to be left with no choice other than to burn the "extra"... trade it off mabey... donate it to goodwill... idk. Well cross that bridge when we get there.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
If your asking me..

Noooooo.

Between dirt, nutrients, trimming scissors, jars & hygrometers ill have under 200$ invested, and If all goes well I'll harvest over 3200$ worth of bud.

Beaurocrats are useless. Were allowed to possess 2.5oz of bud legally.. but there's no definition or whatever laying out at what point the bud needs to be weighed.

During the drying and curing process, bud loses a heartbreaking amount of mass & weight. Clip 2.5oz of fresh bud off a plant.. and after drying and curing (curing could take up to 6 months if you want to be extremely thorough).. you may only end up with a single ounce.

This is a problem. One only the government could provide lol.

I find it entertaining that I could legally stockpile 500k gallons of vodka if I wanted.. but more than a couple ounces of dope is a big no-no.

My two plants will provide well over the legal amount.. as an upstanding lawful citizen I'm going to be left with no choice other than to burn the "extra"... trade it off mabey... donate it to goodwill... idk. Well cross that bridge when we get there.
You're neat.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I need nothing more. I'm not a farmer lol. It may be weak by real farmer standards but I put it in low and it'll pull anything I want. It has yanked some stumps, I move my boat with it, it works like a tractor, slow as hell but doesn't stop. I just wish I had a similar size tractor with a PTO. I only have like 1 acre of clear land for growing things, and 1 acre for my animals, the rest is swampy forest. But a tractor is definitely a cool tool to have regardless.
The little utility tractors like that were pretty common up into the 70's. Ford made a bunch of them basically polishing the N series foundation.

I would avoid Selectospeeds like a A4LD Ranger with a gooseneck hitch...

:fie:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
I've had good results with several Fox Farms products.

Happy Frog

Ocean Forest

Bush Doctor Coco Loco
I use grow-big when my plants are in veg and tiger-bloom when they start to flower. Super happy with my past results.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Disclaimer**

I THINK it would be legal for me to trade off my extra... mabey not. I'll have to double check. It's been a few years.

If it's not.. then obviously that's a no-go. I'll just have to give out the extra as a gift.. which IS legal.. And makes for amusing loopholes if you really want to jump through them lol.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The little utility tractors like that were pretty common up into the 70's. Ford made a bunch of them basically polishing the N series foundation.

I would avoid Selectospeeds like a A4LD Ranger with a gooseneck hitch...

:fie:
What is "selectospeed"? Never had an issue with my goofy transmission except for it never wanting to downshift unless I curse at it and double clutch which I suck at, I Dunno if it even has synchros. If I buy another tractor for actual money I was told to look at Massey Ferguson by my brother in law who has 216 acres. I doubt I will get another Ford.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What is "selectospeed"? Never had an issue with my goofy transmission except for it never wanting to downshift unless I curse at it and double clutch which I suck at, I Dunno if it even has synchros. If I buy another tractor for actual money I was told to look at Massey Ferguson by my brother in law who has 216 acres. I doubt I will get another Ford.
It is kind of like shifting a bike, you have a dial and to go up a gear you just move the lever up a gear.

Awesome when it works, horrible when it doesn't. They can just take off doing weird crap on their own too, one old guy that used to come in ran one mowing for the county. He learned to shut the engine off when he got off the thing because it would randomly drop into gear and take off on its own.

John Deere sorta copied it in the 60's, improved it x1000 and called it a Powershift.

What era Massey? Old ones are kind of awkward and overly complicated (my grandfather had a model 85 which I consider a pile even if it ran good) The really old ones were kind of Ford knockoffs after Ferguson and Ford had a massive falling out.

I don't know much about newer ones, there are no dealers around here thus there are no Massey Fergusons.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals