• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Papaw's BII

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Yep, that's it!

May be a moot point with your automatic but I was constantly moving cups or holding them while shifting gears when I had the one you have now.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yep, that's it!

May be a moot point with your automatic but I was constantly moving cups or holding them while shifting gears when I had the one you have now.
Don't know if it is worth, $40, but I'll keep that one in mind when I get the B2 back.

I plan on pulling and swapping my interiors as soon as I get it back.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Oh I wouldn't pay $40 for it either. They are readily available in junkyards for next to nothing... mid 90's Ranger or Explorer will be your donor.

Good thing you got that console bracket with it - it would be very difficult to install without it!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like the looks of the single hole one myself, it has more of a '80's look to it.

It was a mild PITA with my aftermarket floorshifter, it would have been worthless now with my manual. The console in mine sits higher and farther ahead than it would have in its host vehicle, your results may vary there with a BII. In drive the shift handle would cradle a 32oz McDonald's cup which was kind of nice for hard stops.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I like the looks of the single hole one myself, it has more of a '80's look to it.

It was a mild PITA with my aftermarket floorshifter, it would have been worthless now with my manual. The console in mine sits higher and farther ahead than it would have in its host vehicle, your results may vary there with a BII. In drive the shift handle would cradle a 32oz McDonald's cup which was kind of nice for hard stops.
I'm hoping that in a B2 that I am able to scoot it back a few inches.

I think there should be ample room vs a regular cab ranger.

The single cup holder does look more '80's, but I'll take function over looks in this aspect.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Saw these on one of the many Facebook pages I'm on for B2's.

Makes me appreciate my steel wheels a little more. I guess in one sense they are sort of rare being from early on.

I might go the same route and get mine powder coated. Keep it original, but updated.

Attachments

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Went and picked the B2 up from the trans shop this evening. It is fixed! I have OD. They had quiet the ordeal to find a good valve body. They put a new one on and thought they had another issue, but it ended up being another bad valve body. After they went through 3 bad remanufactured ones from one supplier, they ended up getting a good one from another supplier that seemed to cost a little more.

They also figured out a leak on one of the servo seals they fixed. All should be good to go for now. I was cruising on the 4 lane with cruise set at 64 mph and it was getting along just fine in OD.

Now to move onto more fun stuff. Like the interior. I'm going to drive it while I gather a few more parts. I think I'm going to add insulation to the floor at least in the passenger area something like dynamat or a knock off or something. Then I'm going to add it to the roof as well and work on getting my headliner fixed and putting in the interior I've been sitting on for over a year with the new console.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Nice! That's great news. I'd hate to be the guy who was working on that thing... I changed fluid on my M5OD last weekend and my shop still stinks like ATF. Maybe you get used to it after a while?

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Nice! That's great news. I'd hate to be the guy who was working on that thing... I changed fluid on my M5OD last weekend and my shop still stinks like ATF. Maybe you get used to it after a while?
I am not a fan of ATF, after replacing the front seal on the B2 A4LD, I decided it was best to pay someone to play in the ATF and be done with it. I hate getting that shit in my hair!

On another note, B2 drives like a whole other vehicle now. Transmission seems to be doing great, shift well and seems to get along just fine.

Time will tell, but time to move onto other things to work on.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I'm glad you got your trans sorted.

I'll take ATF any day over gear oil with friction modifier.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm glad you got your trans sorted.

I'll take ATF any day over gear oil with friction modifier.
Been a while since I've removed a rear diff cover, but I do recall that stuff stinking pretty bad. At least it isn't dumping down on you from above as you lower the trans pan lol.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I've never been able to fill a diff while installed in a truck and not spill it on myself.

I have a shirt that I spill some on like six years ago, that still smells a little. Even after being washed 100 times.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
puts hair on your chest! breath deep boys

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Been driving the B2 daily now since I've had it back.

Slowly working through some tuning issues. I feel like it running OK, but I feel like it can run GOOD.

Short list of items to work on are adjusting the lash on the valves (I seriously doubt it has ever been done in the 63K miles it has on it now) and replacing the valve cover gaskets.

Then I'm going to look back into timing and see if I can sort of recurve the distributor. I know the 70's equipment I'm running wasn't set up for power, so I'm hoping there are some small gains to be had there.

After that I'll look into whether the carb might need rejetting or not.

One thing at a time. I did find a guy that is interested in the paint and body work, I might pull the trigger (or pay him too actually) to get this rig painted.

I'm hoping I can wrap the rig up for the most part by the end of summer.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals