• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from the rust belt, outside buffalo NY

Mr.Klock

Reaction score
I did see a newer one near me a couple weeks ago for sale. Probably a 2003ish. I’m about 2hrs south of you. If I get over that way I’ll check out the info and let you know. Welcome to the forum.
So your near me, what salvage yards are good to hit up? Im looking for a 8.8 differential 4:10 , limted slip for my kids truck now

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Axle code r7 for one with limited slip.

Get limited slip if you're replacing one.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
In Atlanta, two options.

there are three Pull-a-Part locations. You can go online, pullapart.com, and plug in the locations, the make, the model, and the year(s), and it’ll list the matching vehicles in each yard as well as the other-year vehicles. But you’d have to search Town car and Crown Victoria and LTD, etc., separately. Then you would have to go to the yard and see if your part is there and pull it yourself. If you go, rent a golf cart for five dollars +5 dollars an hour, it’ll be the best 10 bucks you ever spend. Otherwise you’re trekking with a wheelbarrow.

The other option is Dekalb Salvage. They’re on the network of old school salvage yards that talk to each other about the parts you’re looking for. If they don’t have it, one of the yards on the network might have it. And they’ll pull it for you & you just go pick it up. Dekalb Salvage has also given me leads on inexpensive but good mechanics. That’s how I found the guy to swap my ranger engine.

And craigslist is pretty hot down here too. You have to search by every possible word and combination and category, but a lot of the country folk part out their trucks and cars themselves, or you could find the whole thing cheap like I did on the 87 Ranger. Think tool box, toolbox, truckbox, truck box, job box, gang box, etc. some of the best bargains I find are because the listing person misspells it or puts it in the wrong category. You can also post “wanted“ listings on craigslist. For our kind of stuff, I don’t post under car parts, I just post under “for sale,” “wanted” or “General.” in wanted, I usually post a custom graphic picture that has a bright wanted half screen with a picture of the item I’m looking for on the other half of the screen. I’ve had pretty good luck.

Here’s my wanted pic if it helps.

Attachments

Naddanme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
So your near me, what salvage yards are good to hit up? Im looking for a 8.8 differential 4:10 , limted slip for my kids truck now
I’m actually looking for the same thing lol. I’m putting my lift on this weekend. Next I’ll be looking to regear and get bigger tires. If I find a place I’ll let you know.

Mr.Klock

Reaction score
I’m actually looking for the same thing lol. I’m putting my lift on this weekend. Next I’ll be looking to regear and get bigger tires. If I find a place I’ll let you know.
I called a place this morning, guy said he will call around, ill let you know what i find and price they want.Nice meeting someone in the same area!!

Mr.Klock

Reaction score
I found nothing, no call
I called a place this morning, guy said he will call around, ill let you know what i find and price they want.Nice meeting someone in the same area!!
I found nothing i was looking for! Did yoi lift

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals