• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 Ranger seat swap???

Tplatt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangee
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Are there any seats w/ heated and cooled technology that can be swapped in, at least with very minor fabricating for placement?

I don't mind cutting and wiring and all that. Just prefer something easier to physicaly bolt in truck.

Truck is 2000 ext cab.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Are there any seats w/ heated and cooled technology that can be swapped in, at least with very minor fabricating for placement?

I don't mind cutting and wiring and all that. Just prefer something easier to physicaly bolt in truck.

Truck is 2000 ext cab.
I'm not 100%, but look for Aviator seats. Seems like that would be standard equipment in a Lincoln. Maybe Fusion or Flex seats. Just guessing on what might have a factory heated seat option with FORD wiring.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I am not sure what the seat interchange is on the rangers. Is there article on it? I had a 1986 STX ranger with the bucket seats. Someone gave me a nice grey cloth 60-40 seat. The distance on the holes from drivers to pass side were ok, but the distance from the rear seat holes to the front seat holes was too long, no way it would have fit. The front seat holes are curved downward, and that curve ended up being way forward when I started the bolts in the back.

Tplatt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangee
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm not 100%, but look for Aviator seats. Seems like that would be standard equipment in a Lincoln. Maybe Fusion or Flex seats. Just guessing on what might have a factory heated seat option with FORD wiring.
This is true. Maybe I should go compare my '11 350 Lariat. It's got heated and cooled seats and I love themmmmm.

Tplatt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangee
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ok. So I'm trying to find 03 navigator seats, looking online to see if I can find measurements and what the brackets look like. These have heat and cooling. Best part is, it's a self contained system.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I am not sure what the seat interchange is on the rangers. Is there article on it? I had a 1986 STX ranger with the bucket seats. Someone gave me a nice grey cloth 60-40 seat. The distance on the holes from drivers to pass side were ok, but the distance from the rear seat holes to the front seat holes was too long, no way it would have fit. The front seat holes are curved downward, and that curve ended up being way forward when I started the bolts in the back.
As far as I know, it depends on cab configuration, forthe tracks. As in, standard cabs have a different set or tracks than Extra Cab. I think the Explorer tracks on the earlier models, were interchangeable with ExCab tracks. But Single Cab trucks have a shorter bracket.

Tplatt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangee
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have the extended cab, and from the looks on the navigator seats, they both have the drop in the front for mounting. Maybe some drilling will be all that is necessary.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I have the extended cab, and from the looks on the navigator seats, they both have the drop in the front for mounting. Maybe some drilling will be all that is necessary.
Good luck. if you can take/post pics of what you do to get them in, it would help others going down a similar route.

Tplatt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangee
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's the plan. Building house now. So I just have a collection of parts piled I'm the back seat and bed... Eventually I'll work on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals