• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Out of all the rules and regs put forth to battle this pandemic, a curfew is the one thing I see as actively working AGAINST helping. Its forcing more people to gather together during a shorter time to do their daily tasks. I was going to the 24 pharmacy's and grocery stores at like 2am when no ones there. Now im forced to go out during the day with the crowds... how does that help?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I just found out its now illegal to enter a grocery store in NJ without a face mask...
The mask thing goes into effect on Friday night at 8 pm.
There is an 8pm curfew here. Obviously the government knows it's most deadly at night... :secret:
I just got home from work.... I tried to tell my boss that we can only work from 3:30 to 7:30... we have to be home by 8.

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Out of all the rules and regs put forth to battle this pandemic, a curfew is the one thing I see as actively working AGAINST helping. Its forcing more people to gather together during a shorter time to do their daily tasks. I was going to the 24 pharmacy's and grocery stores at like 2am when no ones there. Now im forced to go out during the day with the crowds... how does that help?
Tell me about it. It was nice to stop at a store at 1 am on my way home from work.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Is the curfew statewide? It's super enforced in Trenton, all stores must close, everyone off the streets etc. Hamilton is semi open if you have a good reason to be out and only thing I've seen open are the 24 hour pharmacy drive throughs. Even 7-11 is closed after 8!!!! A curfew in Trenton should stay in effect long after this is over though. :rolleyes:

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I work for the county government... We’re exempt.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I think I still have an active work order with Bergen County DOT. I could just drive around with that and claim I'm "essential". :icon_rofl:

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Try it... let us know how that works out for you.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I agree. I was going to Walmart late at night when there wasn't many people in there. I find it hard to believe that Walmart is cleaning from 8:30pm to 7am.

The laundry room where I live use to be open 24 hours. Now it's open 7am-7pm. Only 2-people allowed in the room. I was doing my laundry at midnight to avoid people. Now I have to try and maintain 6-feet in a small laundry room. Not easy.

All the limited hours forcing everyone in to a smaller time window is really annoying, and I question the logic.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Try it... let us know how that works out for you.
Oh come on. No one could ever mistake me for "essential" :icon_rofl:

I did get a call from the Trenton psychiatric hospital last week. Oddly enough they didn't even want to commit me! They offered me a job. They are so desperate for help they are calling anyone with even the slightest medical training. I was there many many times when I was a EMT, that place is so horrifying on a good day I can't even imagine what it's like there right now. I really want to help people in some way but that place is just... no... I'll never willingly go back to that place. Ever... I honestly think I have PTSD or something from the things I saw in that place. I almost threw the phone in the fire when I realized who was on the other end of the conversation.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Oh come on. No one could ever mistake me for "essential" :icon_rofl:

I did get a call from the Trenton psychiatric hospital last week. Oddly enough they didn't even want to commit me! They offered me a job. They are so desperate for help they are calling anyone with even the slightest medical training. I was there many many times when I was a EMT, that place is so horrifying on a good day I can't even imagine what it's like there right now. I really want to help people in some way but that place is just... no... I'll never willingly go back to that place. Ever... I honestly think I have PTSD or something from the things I saw in that place. I almost threw the phone in the fire when I realized who was on the other end of the conversation.
You're way more essential than Chuck Schumer, I've never seen a picture of you with your reading glasses perched on the end of your nose while you look down at people.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Wearing a nose/mouth mask protects others, it for sure doesn't protect you from getting infected, thats just science

If you are infected, but no symptoms yet, the covid 19 virus exits your body when you breath out, or cough, sneeze, or speak
A mask will "catch" most droplets containing the virus, the virus is small enough to penetrate the cloth mask but it has no "legs", so can't travel any farther than the surface of the mask, it relies on the host to spread it

So even if you are alone in an aisle of a store you can leave covid 19 on products to infect the next shopper

If everyone in the store is wearing a mask then its less likely they will leave behind the virus

I imagine other places will also require masks as time goes by

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I'm requiring my employees interacting with the public wear a mask. If I require it... I have to provide it.

I don't have anything close to a N95 mask... but I have bandannas and rubber bands. Corporate sent some instruction to make them out of cleaning wipes and hair ties. I'll say that I'm happy enough with bandannas and rubber bands I will never buy another cheap dust mask. This will work way better.

Most places here have also added a "sneeze shields" where ever employees interact with customers. Although not a requirement... I'm headed to Home Depot to see if there is any thin acrylic sheets to be found and install one on my counter.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I'm requiring my employees interacting with the public wear a mask. If I require it... I have to provide it.

I don't have anything close to a N95 mask... but I have bandannas and rubber bands. Corporate sent some instruction to make them out of cleaning wipes and hair ties. I'll say that I'm happy enough with bandannas and rubber bands I will never buy another cheap dust mask. This will work way better.

Most places here have also added a "sneeze shields" where ever employees interact with customers. Although not a requirement... I'm headed to Home Depot to see if there is any thin acrylic sheets to be found and install one on my counter.

The liquore store by me hung up clear shower curtains at the counter as sneeze guards. Its comical but it does the job.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, any type of bandana or scarf over nose and mouth will help to prevent you from spreading the virus if you have it

N95 is a filter size, 95% effective at blocking smaller particles, so small enough to filter out 95% of this virus, it can help prevent wearer from inhaling a virus, really only needed for health care workers that are likely to encounter air born viruses from people known to be infected
Heath care workers can't do the 6ft rule which protects the rest of us from air born spread of the virus
The virus is subject to the same "laws of gravity" we all are, so it can't "fly", just falls to the ground after it exits a hosts mouth or nose, which is why a mask, bandana or scarf helps, limits the distance it can travel

Yes, sneeze shields are good

Use car keys to press buttons on key pads, you almost never put car keys in your mouth, lol
Unlike pencils or pens :)

Last edited:

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Use car keys to press buttons on key pads, you almost never put car keys in your mouth, lol
Unlike pencils or pens :)
But the sign says...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals