• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
My thoughts on the handling of the dead has been called awful so Im staying out this. I will say this. My will states I do not want an open casket style funeral, do not want to be embalmed, donate what organs you can steal and then bury me asap without a casket and plant a tree or something on top of me. Or if laws provide, chuck me in a ditch...

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
When I die, I get frozen.

Scoop my brain out with a melon baller and toss me in a robot. Much better than being stuck inside a meatsack.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
@JohnnyO can probably chime in but I don't think it is all plush pillows and Caddys getting from the hospital to the funeral home on a good day.

In the old days in my homedown they rolled you across a bridge over the alley from the upper level of the hospital to the furniture store where they built you a custom box and took you down the freight elevator so you could go on your way.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I see something like that happening in our country, and I'm torn between screaming and crying. It's criminal that this is happening here, and that families are subjected to watching a loved one being handled like a pallet of dirt.
For all of you who don't take this seriously, think about this...and the fact that it could be someone you know, or worse, being loaded into a trailer.
Grumpaw
What are they supposed to do with them? Leave them on the sidewalk? It may seem inhumane and disrespectful but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

What pisses me off the most is the fact once this is all over we wont be holding china accountable.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
What are they supposed to do with them? Leave them on the sidewalk? It may seem inhumane and disrespectful but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

What pisses me off the most is the fact once this is all over we wont be holding china accountable.
Rusty, ya just don't get it....
It's not that they are loading them into a trailer..."you gotta do what you gotta do"...I understand it has to be done....
It's that it has gone as far as it has,, that it's come to this point, to this national embarrassment.
To the point that states are setting up state line border checks (remind you of Russia and communist countries)
That we've fallen to the level that if you simply sneeze or cough in public your told to go home...tough crap if you have hayfever.
It's everything that has led up to the dead being stored in a trailer.
545 people died on Monday
Probably close to 1000 by the end of today.
Doubling approximately every 24 hours, so
Wednesday, possibly 2000 will die.
Most every one will pass alone with no family or friends.
And, lest you think I'm some religious nut, nooooo. Last time I was at a synagogue was for my son's Bar Mitzvah when he was 13. He's 42 now.
I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered to the winds so I can land on and fertilize plants so I can give as many people as I can the shits!!! When they take a shit, I want them to think, "Damn that Grumpaw".
Grumpaw

Last edited:

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
How do you hold a country responsible for a virus? They didn't make it (unless you're in the tin for hat club). It's a naturally occuring and widespread virus that mutated. America has had viral mutations that developed here (swine flu was one). Hell we have bubonic plague outbreaks once in a while? Is that Americas fault? Does the world blame us for polio? Do we blame mexico for giving us diarrhea when we drink their water? Do you blame spain for the spanish flu? Cause you shouldn't... it didnt even start there.

Last edited:

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
You can't. It could have started here just as easily, in some back alley with dead rats/bats/cats, in any large city. Some backed up sewer with a few dead animal carcass.
Could have started anywhere a large population is found in a small confined area.
Grumpaw

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Plus america is now the epicenter... and its our population out doing dumb crap keeping this thing spreading so technically we are the assholes now.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I told you guys in one of these threads that the local county health department bought a refrigerated trailer and a dually to pull it, specifically for this type of situation. The trailer is nothing more then a refer trailer and body bags. We call it the morgue trailer.
We normally service it once a year, because it never gets used. It got brought in for an early check-up.
It seems like the plan is:
Hope for the best, expect the worst.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Viruses don't come from dirty environments, they reproduce and evolve by infecting Hosts , and technically they are not even "alive" so can't really be affected by environmental factors, i.e. they don't "eat" so can't "thrive"/reproduce in a dirty environment like some diseases
A viruses "coating" can be broken apart by soap and water and some chemicals like alcohol so their internal DNA would be destroyed at that time, its not killing them because they are not alive to begin with, but it does stop them from infecting a new host :)

Viruses will continue to evolve, and the viruses that can infect people will evolve more where there are more people, I know DUH

There are millions of viruses living in your nose and mouth, but the good kind, Bacteriophages, they kill bad bacteria that can cause infections in your body
And of course, "good" and "bad", as usual, is a perspective, DNA doesn't have any other motive than to reproduce, thats why WE are here, so a virus has no ulterior motive it just want to reproduce as its "told to do" by its DNA

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
How do you hold a country responsible for a virus? They didn't make it (unless you're in the tin for hat club). It's a naturally occuring and widespread virus that mutated. America has had viral mutations that developed here (swine flu was one). Hell we have bubonic plague outbreaks once in a while? Is that Americas fault? Does the world blame us for polio? Do we blame mexico for giving us diarrhea when we drink their water? Do you blame spain for the spanish flu? Cause you shouldn't... it didnt even start there.
Mods, I'm going to pop off now. Feel free to edit, etc.

Yes, you can, and I absolutely do blame China over their stupid, stupid, stupid f*(king "medicine." Keep in mind, I generally like the Chinese, as they are my best customers (exportation of LNG). But this is absolutely their fault.

So, for those unfamiliar already, please go read up on Chinese remedies:

This is nothing to scoff at or joke about. Evidence based medicine (EBM), such as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), acupuncture, acupressure, homeopathy, supplements, etc. directly cause issues within the health field, and represent a MASSIVE drain on economic resources. The recent mass suicide in Iran via drinking methanol is a fine example of EBM in action. Covid 19 is a direct result of TCM. So, yes, I can and do blame large swaths of the human race for causing this.

As of now, we do know that the virus originated in bat populations that are harvested as a delecacy, and as a TCM remedy. We also know that similar strains of coronavirus originate in pangolins. Pangolins are nearly extinct, but they are often harvested for the use of their scales in TCM. Live pangolins were routinely found and confiscated from markets in Wuhan. Their use? Oh, it's a real f*cking gem:

"Fresh scales are never used, but dried scales are roasted, ashed, cooked in oil, butter, vinegar, boy's urine, or roasted with earth or oyster-shells, to cure a variety of ills. Amongst these are excessive nervousness and hysterical crying in children, women possessed by devils and ogres, malarial fever and deafness."

Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/141072b0

We also suspect that pangolins were the conduit that allowed the virus to be transmitted to humans. If someone in Wuhan (and there are documented cases of this) had live bats within transmittable range of live pangolins (both were present at the start of the outbreak), then it is the most likely cause of the jump to humans. Natural mutations in the virus eventually allowed it to target ACE2 receptors in human cellular structure, and a pandemic started.

I also blame the Chinese government for this. They allow their national health insurance to cover TCM remedies, as well as other evidence based medicine practices. This is due to the original purpose of TCM, which was to allow cheap, fake medical treatments to be provided to the proletariat.

So, the Chinese government continues to pay for bullshit, and people continue to utilize bullshit, because it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than providing care to over one billion people.

Evidence based medicine is not harmless. It is not palliative. It is not useful. It is not safe. If this isn't a f*cking wake up call that the use of this shit needs to end, then we deserve to be wiped out. Our own extinction would just be evolution in action.

Oh, and another side effect of TCM?

It's the largest single driver behind the extinction of plants and animals.

Yep. Real f*cking "harmless"

Last edited by a moderator:

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Rusty, ya just don't get it....
It's not that they are loading them into a trailer..."you gotta do what you gotta do"...I understand it has to be done....
It's that it has gone as far as it has,, that it's come to this point, to this national embarrassment.
To the point that states are setting up state line border checks (remind you of Russia and communist countries)
That we've fallen to the level that if you simply sneeze or cough in public your told to go home...tough crap if you have hayfever.
It's everything that has led up to the dead being stored in a trailer.
545 people died on Monday
Probably close to 1000 by the end of today.
Doubling approximately every 24 hours, so
Wednesday, possibly 2000 will die.
Most every one will pass alone with no family or friends.
And, lest you think I'm some religious nut, nooooo. Last time I was at a synagogue was for my son's Bar Mitzvah when he was 13. He's 42 now.
I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered to the winds so I can land on and fertilize plants so I can give as many people as I can the shits!!! When they take a shit, I want them to think, "Damn that Grumpaw".
Grumpaw
You cannot really prepare for something like this. Personally i think we are doing as good as we could possibly do given the circumstances. We may have checkpoints and things (i aint seen any though), but unlike russia/china youre not shot for trying to cross.

Its not an embarassment. Its a situation we are dealing with.

If china wouldnt eat weird shit or use unfounded medical treatments this wouldnt of happend.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Mods, I'm going to pop off now. Feel free to edit, etc.

Yes, you can, and I absolutely do blame China over their stupid, stupid, stupid fucking "medicine." Keep in mind, I generally like the Chinese, as they are my best customers (exportation of LNG). But this is absolutely their fault.

So, for those unfamiliar already, please go read up on Chinese remedies:

This is nothing to scoff at or joke about. Evidence based medicine (EBM), such as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), acupuncture, acupressure, homeopathy, supplements, etc. directly cause issues within the health field, and represent a MASSIVE drain on economic resources. The recent mass suicide in Iran via drinking methanol is a fine example of EBM in action. Covid 19 is a direct result of TCM. So, yes, I can and do blame large swaths of the human race for causing this.

As of now, we do know that the virus originated in bat populations that are harvested as a delecacy, and as a TCM remedy. We also know that similar strains of coronavirus originate in pangolins. Pangolins are nearly extinct, but they are often harvested for the use of their scales in TCM. Live pangolins were routinely found and confiscated from markets in Wuhan. Their use? Oh, it's a real f*cking gem:

"Fresh scales are never used, but dried scales are roasted, ashed, cooked in oil, butter, vinegar, boy's urine, or roasted with earth or oyster-shells, to cure a variety of ills. Amongst these are excessive nervousness and hysterical crying in children, women possessed by devils and ogres, malarial fever and deafness."

Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/141072b0

We also suspect that pangolins were the conduit that allowed the virus to be transmitted to humans. If someone in Wuhan (and there are documented cases of this) had live bats within transmittable range of live pangolins (both were present at the start of the outbreak), then it is the most likely cause of the jump to humans. Natural mutations in the virus eventually allowed it to target ACE2 receptors in human cellular structure, and a pandemic started.

I also blame the Chinese government for this. They allow their national health insurance to cover TCM remedies, as well as other evidence based medicine practices. This is due to the original purpose of TCM, which was to allow cheap, fake medical treatments to be provided to the proletariat.

So, the Chinese government continues to pay for bullshit, and people continue to utilize bullshit, because it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than providing care to over one billion people.

Evidence based medicine is not harmless. It is not palliative. It is not useful. It is not safe. If this isn't a f*cking wake up call that the use of this shit needs to end, then we deserve to be wiped out. Our own extinction would just be evolution in action.

Oh, and another side effect of TCM?

It's the largest single driver behind the extinction of plants and animals.

Yep. Real f*cking "harmless"
Well said bud.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Well said bud.
Thanks. Super passionate about ending most evidence based medicine, and for good reason: it's wrecking the f*cking planet.

My side hustle is breeding and growing exotic plants, specifically carnivores. My little lab is one of five (globally) that grows and modifies carnivores via tissue culture on a large scale.

My primary focus is the N. Aristolochiodies, of which I have bred and cloned hundreds of them and have sent them all over the world at a break even; I make no profit on them. They have been harvested to near extinction in the wild (last count was only 60 plants) thanks to TCM, so I do what I can to make sure as many as possible get into the hands of people that want them. Takes pressure off the remaining population.

But this shit SUPREMELY pisses me off.

TCM is wrecking the planet, and if we're not careful with this pandemic, it has the power to end the human species. So, I tend to pop off when it comes up.

I've been intolerable as of late, or so I'm told. ?

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
You cannot really prepare for something like this. Personally i think we are doing as good as we could possibly do given the circumstances. We may have checkpoints and things (i aint seen any though), but unlike russia/china youre not shot for trying to cross.

Its not an embarassment. Its a situation we are dealing with.

If china wouldnt eat weird shit or use unfounded medical treatments this wouldnt of happend.
Rusty, are you saying if the virus had originally come from India, you would blame them for eating their "weird shit", or South America cause some of their rural people eat monkeys ?
Where does the blame stop. Do you still hate Mexicans because the Swine Flu virus originated there ?
Do you eat sushi or raw oysters, cause to me thats "weird shit" You cannot blame a country or it's citizens for something like this, cause as I posted, it could have just as easily started here, maybe at the back of some old seafood restaurant in Michigan.
Grumpaw

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals