• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
You mean like several hundred thousand dollars for fuel for a 747 to fly someone to Fla to play a round of golf ?
Grumpaw
Is that somehow worse than over $181,000 an hour to fly air force 1 the 10 hours each way to spend Christmas in Hawaii, along with a second plane for secret service, and an air force transport full of limos, and a 200 person entourage. That's $724,000,000 just for the 2 passenger jets each Christmas, plus the air force transport, plus the 200 person staff who had to spend Christmas away from their families. Last Christmas the media covered Obama visiting a Chicago hospital during the holiday and telling what a great guy he is. They didn't mention that since he's not travelling on our dime anymore-and hasn't had any living relatives in Hawaii for a long time- he spends Christmas with his wife's family. I don't like Trump but he's not the first or worst self important hypocrite to fly on air force 1.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
How did you come up with 724 -MILLION- dollars? That's a mind blowing, insane, made up number.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
I totally agree, he's not the first, and won't be the last. But he does seem to take advantage of his "perks" more than past presidents.
Just sayin I would like to see my tax money put to better use, especially now.
I wonder how many N95 masks $181,000.00 would buy ?
Grumpaw

acsnowrider

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Wife and I took a walk around the neighborhood last evening--Was beautiful out, red sky sunset on the horizon,:love: with children, and families outside playing/enjoying the evening. Drivers have slowed down, school kids/teenagers, out playing basketball on the street, barbeque smells wafting about on the breeze, and everyone, making/doing their best of a tough situation.

I have to say, that the one great thing to come of this, is many of us, suddenly have time, for our families/children/each other.

Make the most of it!!!! :icon_thumby:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I totally agree, he's not the first, and won't be the last. But he does seem to take advantage of his "perks" more than past presidents.
Just sayin I would like to see my tax money put to better use, especially now.
I wonder how many N95 masks $181,000.00 would buy ?
Grumpaw
He did donate his quarterly salary to it:

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
He did donate his quarterly salary to it:

Oh, gee, wow...
Since he became president it has cost the tax payers about $133,000,000.00 for his golfing trips. That does not include the costs associated with his non-political, political rally's where he can hear everyone applaud him.
133 million so he can play golf, while at the same time I'm having to borrow against my accounts so I can pay for my son/daughter in law, 3 grand kids mtg, car payment and food bills.
Uncle Gump business is in trouble, and many of you have been laid off, or hours cut back.
And you wonder why I get so upset when I hear his name ?
He may not have caused the virus, but because of his stupidity and ineptitude, by not recognizing it for what it was back in Jan, he has caused the state we're in now.
We could have gotten a handle on it, and been developing a drug for it by now, instead of being # 1 in cases now.
Grumpaw

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh, gee, wow...
Since he became president it has cost the tax payers about $133,000,000.00 for his golfing trips. That does not include the costs associated with his non-political, political rally's where he can hear everyone applaud him.
133 million so he can play golf, while at the same time I'm having to borrow against my accounts so I can pay for my son/daughter in law, 3 grand kids mtg, car payment and food bills.
Uncle Gump business is in trouble, and many of you have been laid off, or hours cut back.
And you wonder why I get so upset when I hear his name ?
Grumpaw
Just saying he is only $80,000 short...

Every president has to flop around the country doing social events, it is nothing new. Obama did the same crap, so did Bush, so did Clinton...

Heck, Roosevelt had a presidential yacht...

4.0blue98

I don't feel tardy...
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
Round
My credo
It was like that when I found it.
So just had an online meeting and forgot that another weapon is to utilize the immunity of individuals who have been exposed and recovered or were never symptomatic. They are testing blood transfusions from people carrying the antibodies to boost the immunity of symptomatic individuals. This can be very inefficient but if it can be done at the points of need then it may help. Ironically the fact that the virus can be "weaker" in certain individuals, thereby aiding its propagation, may also lead to it's demise if this becomes an efficient approach.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
How did you come up with 724 -MILLION- dollars? That's a mind blowing, insane, made up number.
I wish it was a made up number, unfortunately my decimal point is in the wrong place. It costs $181,000 per hour for air force 1 to fly, multiply by 20 hours for the round trip to Hawaii, that's $3.62 million, not 362. 3.62x2= 7.24 million just for those 2 planes, I hope/assume the air force cargo plane flies a little cheaper but it still ads up, then add the cost of a 200 person entourage and their expenses. My point was Trump isn't the only politician wasting our money. Nancy Pelosi flies to and from California each week on a 200 seat military plane because if she took one of the four executive jets that congress bought for themselves with our money, she'd need to stop in Chicago to refuel. My employer never paid for my transportation to and from work, hers ( the taxpayers) shouldn't either.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Okay, it makes a little more sense knowing you were just a factor of 100 off.

By the way - the thing about Pelosi flying a 200 seat jet to California isn't true. Just a rumor that's floated around for years and easy to look up.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Okay, it makes a little more sense knowing you were just a factor of 100 off.

By the way - the thing about Pelosi flying a 200 seat jet to California isn't true. Just a rumor that's floated around for years and easy to look up.
Pretty sure she just uses a broom...

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Nancy Pelosi is friggin' hot.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
When I voted for Trump, I was tired of the typical politicians, and thought the country could benefit from being lead by a business man. And I think he's done some good things.

Unfortunately, being a business man may now be his downfall in my eyes. He's putting money and business before human life. However, I can also see where trying to keep both people and the economy alive can be difficult to find a balance to. How long will it take people and businesses to recover financially.

April 1st starts a new business quarter. Should be interesting to see what April brings. People aren't out there buying non-essential items, and in a few weeks, people won't have money to spend. There are a lot of Americans living paycheck to paycheck.

It takes a lot of money to run for office. Politicians are influenced by businesses and wealthy supporters. Their decisions are influence more by the money, than your health.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Im voting for that gay tiger guy from the netflix show this november... he seems like a guy who can get stuff done. Even from prison.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When I voted for Trump, I was tired of the typical politicians, and thought the country could benefit from being lead by a business man. And I think he's done some good things.

Unfortunately, being a business man may now be his downfall in my eyes. He's putting money and business before human life. However, I can also see where trying to keep both people and the economy alive can be difficult to find a balance to. How long will it take people and businesses to recover financially.

April 1st starts a new business quarter. Should be interesting to see what April brings. People aren't out there buying non-essential items, and in a few weeks, people won't have money to spend. There are a lot of Americans living paycheck to paycheck.

It takes a lot of money to run for office. Politicians are influenced by businesses and wealthy supporters. Their decisions are influence more by the money, than your health.
It’s a tricky thing, money and business have a lot to do with human life. Shutting the country down too long and starting another depression will cost lives too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals