• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Sunday he said everything was OK, no need to worry, and stock market dumped over 1000 points. Monday night he said everything was OK, and yesterday the market dumped 900 points.
I truly hope he keeps his big mouth shut today !!!
Grumpaw
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MY PRECIOUS STOCK PORTFOLIO!!!!!!!!! I LOST 3 CENTS!!!!!

I think... I don't know how stocks work.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
I thought the trade war thing already closed most of china imports anyway? :dunno:

I dont understand how global politics work...
The trade was that our Fearless Leader started did not close down imports from China. We still import millions of products daily. It's just that the business that import are paying more for certain
products, and that cost is passed on to us. The products still flow from them to us, and us to them, but some products like agg foodstuffs that China imports from us now have an import tax so high that
it is not profitable to even grow some of them.
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MY PRECIOUS STOCK PORTFOLIO!!!!!!!!! I LOST 3 CENTS!!!!!

I think... I don't know how stocks work.
Not so much you, but retirees who get a pension, or have savings tied to the stock market are taking a hit. Almost all pension plans are tied to stocks, as are 401K plans. It is very bad to see your savings drop in value by 25% in one or two days. If the companies in China that produce items for us, close down because of the virus, no products are made. Thus, the products that we make here, using those unavailable Chinese products, can't be produced.
So, the workers here are laid off because a factory in China has closed. It's a snowball effect, and takes months to rebound.
Chine makes "beebops" that a factory here uses to make their"usslins" for Ford to install in their new model truck, the "Snail". The "beebop" factory closes, thus no "beebops" for the "usslins", and no "usslins" for the "Snail"
So, the Usslins and Snail factories have to close till the supply of "beebops" start up again. The value of the products drop, and their stock value drops. If your pension or 401K is tied to either of those factories, you loose money.
The problem is further complicated because the company that produces usslins used to buy beebops from a US factory found that they could buy beebops from China for 5 cents less, so the US Beebop factory closed down. Now there is just the one China factory that makes beebops, and their closed because of the virus.
And, starting a new US beebop factory up would take years as there are no more people here with the backround to make the beebop, much less those who would want to re-start the company.
Really very simple.
Grumpaw

Last edited:

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Not so much you, but retirees who get a pension, or have savings tied to the stock market are taking a hit. Almost all pension plans are tied to stocks, as are 401K plans. It is very bad to see your savings drop in value by 25% in one or two days. If the companies in China that produce items for us, close down because of the virus, no products are made. Thus, the products that we make here, using those unavailable Chinese products, can't be produced.
So, the workers here are laid off because a factory in China has closed. It's a snowball effect, and takes months to rebound.
Chine makes "beebops" that a factory here uses to make their"usslins" for Ford to install in their new model truck, the "Snail". The "beebop" factory closes, thus no "beebops" for the "usslins", and no "usslins" for the "Snail"
So, the Usslins and Snail factories have to close till the supply of "beebops" start up again. The value of the products drop, and their stock value drops. If your pension or 401K is tied to either of those factories, you loose money.
The problem is further complicated because the company that produces usslins used to buy beebops from a US factory found that they could buy beebops from China for 5 cents less, so the US Beebop factory closed down. Now there is just the one China factory that makes beebops, and their closed because of the virus.
And, starting a new US beebop factory up would take years as there are no more people here with the backround to make the beebop, much less those who would want to re-start the company.
Really very simple.
Grumpaw
I read that and all I saw was:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I started getting emails from suppliers a few weeks ago about "supply chain" delays because of the coronavirus outbreak

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
Right, but if the Jinglesholp comes from China, and the factory shuts down, no more plumbis's.
Besides, I don't think anyone except Dirtman uses a plumbis, so if they close down, no loss.
He could always use a sholcklading instead.
Grumpaw

Last edited:

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Holy shit its true!!!!!! A NATIONWIDE PLUMBIS SHORTAGE!

20200226_104714.jpg

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
Uh Oh...now what are you going to use to clean your little "weckie" ?
You know what they say, "NEVER put your undies on over a dirty weckie".
;missingteeth;
Grumpaw

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
What the hell is a plumbis???

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
First they take the dingle bop and they smooth it out with a bunch of schleem. The schleem is then repurposed for later batches. They take the dingle bop and they push it through the grumbo, where the fleeb is rubbed against it. It's important that the fleeb is rubbed, becasue the fleeb has all the fleeb juice. Then, a schlami shows up, and he rubs it and spits on it. They cut the fleeb. There's several hizzards in the way. The blamfs rub against the chumbles, and the plubis, and grumbo are shaved away. That leaves you with a regular old plumbus.

31z1vD53V2L._AC_.jpg

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
You’ve been hanging out with the Mad Hatter again, haven’t you?

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
You slide the plumbus over your weckie and move it back n forth. Gives your weckie a good cleaning.
:icon_surprised:
Grumpaw

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
News Flash...
Fearless Leader is going to give a nationwide news conference tonight at 6 pm.
He is going to try to put our fears at ease, telling us in his infinite wisdom and all-mighty power that we have nothing to worry about.
Probably going to tell us to eat 3 wild cherry Gummy Bears to ward off the evil effects of the Chinese Purge cast upon us.
Grumpaw

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Grumpaw
25%?! I hope that's an exageration. I know that hearing about a 1000pt daily drop sounds like a lot, but when the markets are near all time highs, it's not a significant percentage. If you've lost 25% in the last couple of days, something is wrong with your portfolio. And as long as you've been invested for the last few years, you should still be significantly 'in the black'.
The DJIA is down just 7% in the last 5 days. Including this week's drop, it's still up over 4% for the last 12 months, and up 59.9% for the last 5 years total.
The S&P500 is down is down a similar 7% in the last 5 days, but is up over 11% for the last 12 months, and up over 58% for the last 5 years.

As for the overall economic impact, I work for a large, global company in the industrial/manufacturing sector. We have operations all over China, including Wuhan. China is the second largest economy on the globe and it's more or less shut down for a month now. Q4 2019 was the worst single quarter since 2009, and they weren't forcasting much if any improvement for 2020 thanks to a declining/slowing global economy. That's a consistent outlook for pretty much any large scale machinery/transportation company from what I've seen, and that was before the virus started to shut things down. That means Q1 is likely to be worse for industrials than expected, and that damage is likely to spread into other sectors of the market too. I think it's going to drop more over the next couple of months, particularly when Q1 results are out, so I'd turn off the news and avoid looking at your stocks if you get nervous about these things. Whatever you do, don't panic and sell.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals