• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Becomes Official Vehicle of King of The Hammers

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

• Ford is coming aboard to serve as official vehicle of the King of The Hammers, ULTRA4 series one of the most difficult, most extreme off-road competitions in the world combining high-speed desert racing with low-speed rock crawling
  • Johnson Valley, the home of King of The Hammers, is a test-bed for the all-new Ford Bronco
  • As demand for rugged trucks and SUVs ramps up, Ford is looking to promote its expanding portfolio of highly capable off-road vehicles by stepping up to sponsor more extreme motorsports competition
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 30, 2020 With its growing lineup of rugged off-road trucks and SUVs, Ford is coming aboard as official vehicle of the King of The Hammers and ULTRA4 extreme off-road racing series.

“Working with ULTRA4 Racing and King of the Hammers is a natural for Ford based on our truck, SUV and off-road heritage,” said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. “Our participation in King of the Hammers builds on our rich history of off-roading by continuing to deliver on Built Ford Tough in the most demanding conditions.”

Ford estimates sales of rugged trucks and utilities have been growing at twice the rate of the overall SUV segment. Rugged SUVs are estimated to account for about one-quarter of the overall SUV segment today up from about 12 percent just 10 years ago.

Ford’s lineup of rugged off-road vehicles includes F-150 Raptor, the ultimate high-performance off-road pickup, the highly capable Super Duty Tremor, plus the all-new Bronco SUV set to debut this spring and an upcoming small SUV.

The signature race of ULTRA4, an international race organization developing vehicles for multiple motorsports disciplines including rock crawling, high-speed desert racing and short-course events, King of The Hammers attracts approximately 75,000 spectators with more than 1 million online viewers to its grueling annual race in the Johnson Valley of California.

This year’s event, Feb. 8, will see more than 450 teams from around the world in both modified stock and extreme off-road vehicles compete to be crowned king in one of the most grueling desert courses ever created combining high-speed racing with low-speed rock crawling.

“Our racers and spectators are as authentic and passionate as they come,” said Dave Cole, president, Hammerking Productions/ULTRA4 Racing. “Our dedicated staff, loyal fans and fearless racers have helped build this motorsport and lifestyle platform for more than a decade, and we couldn’t be more excited to get the 2020 racing season started with Ford as our official vehicle partner.”

Ford’s collaboration with ULTRA4 continues its growing presence in the off-road enthusiast realm. Recently, Ford stepped up to serve as official truck and SUV of SCORE-International Off-Road Racing, which holds the Baja 500, Baja 1000 and San Felipe 250 championships in Mexico. Ford also serves as official vehicle of the Best in the Desert race series.

About Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 191,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit corporate.ford.com.

Ford Performance Motorsports

Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR (Cup Series, XFINITY Series, Gander RV & Outdoors NASCAR Truck Series), FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australian Supercars Championship, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts.

For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, www.facebook/FordPerformance, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.

King of the Hammers

King Of The Hammers (KOH) is the annual destination event for motorsports enthusiasts from across the globe. It takes place annually in Southern California in the Johnson Valley OHV area. The race began just over a decade ago with twelve people racing for bragging rights in ULTRA4 vehicles capable of tackling extreme rock climbs and descents, high-speed racing, and short-course. Today, KOH is a weeklong festival of racing that encompasses Ultra4 vehicles, UTVs, motorcycles, T1 desert trucks, and stock to stock-modified off-road vehicles. To learn more about King of the Hammers, visit www.ultra4racing.com. Follow on Facebook at www.facebook/kingofthehammers, and @Ultra4Racing on Instagram and Twitter.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Hmmmm… This just released?

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Today by Ford. Might not be knew, but the press release is.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I just did a quick check... looks like it was released around 9 am this morning.

Ford is getting pretty serious about this off road thing... first score... now KOH.

It's an exciting time to be Bronco and Ranger Fans.

There is going to be a bunch more to see with both these vehicles.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I disagree. These "offroad" vehicles are barely touching what trucks could do 30 years ago. They just have bottons... a 1993 canyon sport could destroy a 2019 ranger offroad.

Ford is just keeping up with jeep which sucks.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I disagree. These "offroad" vehicles are barely touching what trucks could do 30 years ago. They just have bottons... a 1993 canyon sport could destroy a 2019 ranger offroad.

Ford is just keeping up with jeep which sucks.
I dont think jeep can really do anything new it hasn't been able to do 30+ years ago wrangler especially. What do you really need off road? Articulation, axles that wont snap, tires, ground clearance. Stock powertrain is just fine in most cases. My 98 ranger went most the places my friends jerps went and my 4wd was nonfunctional 98% of the time. You really dont have anywhere to do 60-100 mph on dirt except the desert, so for the rest of us east of nevada I guess fields but farmers dont like when you tear up the soybean and corn lol....

Besides who jumps a 60+k truck and doesnt think the airbags are gonna go off .... ohh wait raptor owners.... lol

Last edited:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
You would think a doubler in a Dakar 4x4 would about dominate this type of racing. They are built for speed, off road, endurance, and articulation you just need to slow it down for crawling and away you go...

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I dont think jeep can really do anything new it hasn't been able to do 30+ years ago wrangler especially. What do you really need off road? Articulation, axles that wont snap, tires, ground clearance. Stock powertrain is just fine in most cases. My 98 ranger went most the places my friends jerps went and my 4wd was nonfunctional 98% of the time. You really dont have anywhere to do 60-100 mph on dirt except the desert, so for the rest of us east of nevada I guess fields but farmers dont like when you tear up the soybean and corn lol....

Besides who jumps a 60+k truck and doesnt think the airbags are gonna go off .... ohh wait raptor owners.... lol
most that are serious with baja runs and stuff in 60k trucks know to unplug the airbags....

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals