• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cybertruck Reveal

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Invest in sewage. There will always be plenty to be processed.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Invest in sewage. There will always be plenty to be processed.
Animal confinements have a decent side gig selling it as fertilizer/applying it to fields...

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The price of pot bellied pigs has only gone up over the past ten years... so there's my investment. My pigs cost almost nothing to keep fed and breed. I just sold 13 babies for $60 each... so theres about 800 bucks every 3 months. 3 months of food is maybe 100 bucks. So call it 700 profit that will steadily increase.

Now that's how you invest! How many of your "stocks" make $233.33 a month steadily.

Screenshot_20200116-104039_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-082720_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The price of pot bellied pigs has only gone up over the past ten years... so there's my investment. My pigs cost almost nothing to keep fed and breed. I just sold 13 babies for $60 each... so theres about 800 bucks every 3 months. 3 months of food is maybe 100 bucks. So call it 700 profit that will steadily increase.

Now that's how you invest! How many of your "stocks" make $233.33 a month steadily.
There's a lot of "almost", "about", and "maybe" estimating going on in that post. It's completely understandable that you wouldn't want to post financial details, but I hope you know actual, hard numbers for those things that you weren't clear on in your post. If you're treating them as an investment, I'd encourage you to actually do the math if you haven't, and take your time into account too.

Where are the pigs kept, and what does that space cost you? And the straw they're laying on? Vet bills? Gas and vehicle mileage for trips related to the pigs? How much time is spent caring for them and then handling selling transactions? Any special tools or equipment needed to care for them or the space they're in? You're making $20/piglet per month by your estimates. How much does it cost to feed/house/care for those pigs during that time? What value do you put on the time you spend on them?

I'm not asking for specific details. Just saying that you would need to consider those things in order to get an accurate picture of how they're performing as an investment. If it's just a hobby, that's a little different. Having a hobby that you can make money off of is cool. That may or may not make it a good investment of your time and money.

I know that everybody's risk tolerance and area of expertise is different. It's fine if you're more comfortable with asset classes that aren't stock. Just understand the situation fully and realize the benefits/drawbacks of any possible approach you could take. It's not much different than the Tesla truck discussion that started this thread. There are some people that it works for, and some that it won't. Doing your best to understand all of your options, and making the choice that is best for you is all anybody can do.

Last edited:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
'Virtue Signaling'? As if there could be no rational justification?

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
There's a lot of "almost", "about", and "maybe" estimating going on in that post. It's completely understandable that you wouldn't want to post financial details, but I hope you know actual, hard numbers for those things that you weren't clear on in your post. If you're treating them as an investment, I'd encourage you to actually do the math if you haven't, and take your time into account too.

Where are the pigs kept, and what does that space cost you? And the straw they're laying on? Vet bills? Gas and vehicle mileage for trips related to the pigs? How much time is spent caring for them and then handling selling transactions? Any special tools or equipment needed to care for them or the space they're in? You're making $20/piglet per month by your estimates. How much does it cost to feed/house/care for those pigs during that time? What value do you put on the time you spend on them?

I'm not asking for specific details. Just saying that you would need to consider those things in order to get an accurate picture of how they're performing as an investment. If it's just a hobby, that's a little different. Having a hobby that you can make money off of is cool. That may or may not make it a good investment of your time and money.

I know that everybody's risk tolerance and area of expertise is different. It's fine if you're more comfortable with asset classes that aren't stock. Just understand the situation fully and realize the benefits/drawbacks of any possible approach you could take. It's not much different than the Tesla truck discussion that started this thread. There are some people that it works for, and some that it won't. Doing your best to understand all of your options, and making the choice that is best for you is all anybody can do.
They are pigs. They aren't that complicated. :icon_rofl:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And now "Hummer" itself jumping on the lectric sparky bandwagon. LMAO! They are all ugly and this one is no exception. Likely never see a day off road. Just another virtue signalling device.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gm-to-revive-hummer-name-on-new-electric-pickup-model-11578686692
How do you know what it looks like? The thing hasn't been unveiled yet. Any pictures you see in various articles are either old Hummer stuff, or renderings of what random people imagine an electric Humer might look like.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals