• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The conspiracy is real!!!

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
At least people who are color blind will get the right one...they HAVE to read the label.
Grumpaw

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Been like that for years.... I keep the big bottles of blue, green, pink and red versions and they all come in red bottles. The smaller tubes seem to be any random color. Like grump said, its your own damn fault if you dont read the label lol.

You really cant go wrong with green for pretty much anything though. Love that stuff, mainly cause it works even if you forget to put it on the threads before you tighten the bolt. :icon_rofl:

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
After I retired in 96, moved to No. Carolina and opened a motorcycle parts/access. shop. Carried or could get stuff for just about anything.
It never ceased to amaze me that many customers, especially novices, wouldn't take the time to read product labels or descriptions to see if what they were buying was what they needed or what was required.
I used to double check with them as to their bikes so I wouldn't have to worry about returns, or pissed off customers when they brought the wrong stuff back.
Grumpaw

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
They were in a hurry while they were in your store GrumpPaw.
One little peave of mine is having to ask somebody if they know anything about a product, and they stand there and read aloud the label that I'd already read ;)

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I think the biggest problems I had were with the newbie Harley owners. They automatically thought they knew their bikes, because after all, they were "Harley Owners".
Had a hell of a time explaining what "snugging down" ment. Used to keep 1/4 x 20 Heli Coils on hand by the hundreds. Used to be able to Heli Coil an inspection cover thread in less than 5 minutes.
They would torque those screws down like they were putting a wheel lug nut on. Don't even get me started on brake reservoir cover screws/threads.
Sport bikers were never a problem, nor were the BMW or other import owners. Only the Harley owners.
Grumpaw

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I liked it when people would read the label on literally anything at the parts store, like a bottle of brake fluid and see "this product contains ingredients known to the state of California to cause cancer" and go "OH MY GOD THIS IS TERRIBLE! DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING SAFER?!"

I'd grab a bottle of water out of the fridge, read the label and go "nope".

Ranger Mark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Alumni: Hard knocks F.U.
I liked it when people would read the label on literally anything at the parts store, like a bottle of brake fluid and see "this product contains ingredients known to the state of California to cause cancer" and go "OH MY GOD THIS IS TERRIBLE! DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING SAFER?!"

???

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo

What you can tell them (if your not in Ca.) is that you have to be in California to get the cancer mentioned. If your in any of the other 49 states, you'll be OK.
With all the stuff that state finds in products that causes "something", I'm surprised anyone is still alive in that state!!!
:buttkick:
Grumpaw

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Would it really be that hard for the threadlocker companies to just make the containers the same color as the actual threadlocking compound? I mean COME ON!

Instead, they just sit there like:

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
If you're too dumb to read the word RED or BLUE you deserve to have your nuts fall off.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy !!!:icon_bounceblue::icon_bounceblue::icon_bounceblue:
That also may be one of the side effects from some of that California stuff.
Grumpaw

Last edited:

Ranger Mark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
If you're too dumb to read the word RED or BLUE you deserve to have your nuts fall off.
Well ok, we have to read. But they put instructions on shampoo too. Because at some point some dumbass tried putting it on their french toast. Still doesn't excuse them from using the opposite color. I mean use white on both, I can live with that.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
Well ok, we have to read. But they put instructions on shampoo too. Because at some point some dumbass tried putting it on their french toast. Still doesn't excuse them from using the opposite color. I mean use white on both, I can live with that.
I see your from Cal. So, which one will give you cancer? The shampoo or the french toast? Or is it the combination of the two?
;missingteeth;
Grumpaw

Ranger Mark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I see your from Cal. So, which one will give you cancer? The shampoo or the french toast? Or is it the combination of the two?
;missingteeth;
Grumpaw
The only cancer I see in this state is all the liberal policies that are destroying it. I won't even think of going close to San Francisco anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals