• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

World of Warships

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I am working on getting points towards one of the PFE missions for getting 500 hits with secondary guns, but my CV is the only ship of high enough tier to count, so I have been doing some really stupid stuff with it in co-op today.

I don't feel like dropping half my money on a NoLa right now.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think all my secondaries are manned by drunk monkeys. I would be surprised if they have managed 500 hits in 3 years of playing.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was in my NC, I see a generic looking cruiser straight off my bow broadside to me at medium range. Time to teach someone a lesson. :yahoo:

Fire both front turrets loaded with AP, beautiful shot placement. 4k damage, hardly dinged him at all. He aims at me, 3k damage... and I am point on to him.

He proceeds to kill a cruiser that was with me, I give him 25rds of 16" AP and 28rds of secondary (a shockingly even slugging match) I thought he was going to ram me for a bit but he missed and ate two torps from the dd before he died. I did 46k damage on the thing.

If you tie into a Kronshtadt... prepare yourself for a brawl. It will be ugly. :fie:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Kronshtadt

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I think all my secondaries are manned by drunk monkeys. I would be surprised if they have managed 500 hits in 3 years of playing.
Have you tried setting their target manually?

I was in my NC, I see a generic looking cruiser straight off my bow broadside to me at medium range. Time to teach someone a lesson. :yahoo:

Fire both front turrets loaded with AP, beautiful shot placement. 4k damage, hardly dinged him at all. He aims at me, 3k damage... and I am point on to him.

He proceeds to kill a cruiser that was with me, I give him 25rds of 16" AP and 28rds of secondary (a shockingly even slugging match) I thought he was going to ram me for a bit but he missed and ate two torps from the dd before he died. I did 46k damage on the thing.

If you tie into a Kronshtadt... prepare yourself for a brawl. It will be ugly. :fie:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Kronshtadt
Yikes. I am waiting to see how the CV rework goes. If I don't like it I am going to ditch my CVs and probably stick with CLs and DDs.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Have you tried setting their target manually
I haven't, I looked into and it doesn't sound like a great deal for the US battleship line.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I haven't, I looked into and it doesn't sound like a great deal for the US battleship line.
Just hold ctrl and click on the ship you want targeted. It will direct all appropriate secondary fire at that ship. It slightly raises the hit rate as well.

Same thing works for AA.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just hold ctrl and click on the ship you want targeted. It will direct all appropriate secondary fire at that ship. It slightly raises the hit rate as well.

Same thing works for AA.
It actually works. :yahoo:

Didn't get close enough to anyone to actually shoot at them but it let me select ships. It was a T10 match which as per the norm sucked.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
If you have a T6 DD or CL go into the weekly op and after the first three ships are dead split from your group and head to I10. That will be a good test of it.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
So I got my new computer up and running today and just finished a Co-op match to test it out. This is soooooooooo much nicer.

The computer is one I built myself. Asus ROG Strix B350F gaming mother board, Ryzen 5 2600G processor, started with 16 GB memory, two 8GB sticks, so 16 GB dual channel, and the primary hard drive (only one that is hooked up at the moment) is a 480GB solid state drive. Also, this one has no Wi-Fi, so it is hardwired to the router.

I had the graphics at the standard setting for a new install, which is very pretty and smooth, even using the processor's on-board graphics and my 15 year old LCD monitor. I went from regularly sitting and loading for anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes AFTER the match started to getting to the map loading screen with the start button already lit up. I sat in game waiting for 40 seconds for the timer to count down. Best part is that there were no lag-pauses anytime a ship near me died, or launched or got hit by torpedoes.

I am, needless to say, happy. :headbang::headbang::icon_thumby:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cool!

It was nice going from my first laptop to my wife's new one. Who knew slow starts, lag and random crashes are not normal?

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Cool!

It was nice going from my first laptop to my wife's new one. Who knew slow starts, lag and random crashes are not normal?
Everyone in the game was trying to tell me it was.

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.
So I got my new computer up and running today and just finished a Co-op match to test it out. This is soooooooooo much nicer.

The computer is one I built myself. Asus ROG Strix B350F gaming mother board, Ryzen 5 2600G processor, started with 16 GB memory, two 8GB sticks, so 16 GB dual channel, and the primary hard drive (only one that is hooked up at the moment) is a 480GB solid state drive. Also, this one has no Wi-Fi, so it is hardwired to the router.

I had the graphics at the standard setting for a new install, which is very pretty and smooth, even using the processor's on-board graphics and my 15 year old LCD monitor. I went from regularly sitting and loading for anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes AFTER the match started to getting to the map loading screen with the start button already lit up. I sat in game waiting for 40 seconds for the timer to count down. Best part is that there were no lag-pauses anytime a ship near me died, or launched or got hit by torpedoes.

I am, needless to say, happy. :headbang::headbang::icon_thumby:
Glad you got it running. 16gigs of ram is a good start. I run a gtx 1060, 480gb ssd, AMD black edition 8 core processor, msi 970 gaming motherboard. Runs anything I throw at it really well. Plus now you can get discord and we can chat in game.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
16gigs of ram is a good start.
And that's all it is. This board can handle up to 64 gig, but I chose to spend my limited funds on the processor and SSD drive for now and split the memory to two 8G sitcks. The alternative would have been a single 16gig stick, this way I get more processor and dual channel.

I throw at it really well. Plus now you can get discord and we can chat in game.
I still need a mic. The headset I used to use for gaming chat won't work on this computer because it doesn't have Bluetooth capability.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What say our carrier expert on the revamp?

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
It has its good and bad. After I got adjusted to the new attack method I started getting damage, XP and silver numbers similar to before. I'm getting fewer kills though. Only 2 or 3 planes of a ground of 8 to 12 go in to the attack, but the whole squad meets up on the other side at full speed, with a 5 second recharge on the attack. So instead of being able to deal 50-80K of damage to 4 or 5 ships, I am doing it to 7 or 8 in a game.

I also don't like how much harder it is to keep control of the planes, pick a target, and keep an eye on if the ship is about to get nailed. They removed most of the ship's armor, which wasn't much to being with, so only a few shots will kill a ship with 54K HP.

Also, fighters attacking enemy bombers is not the same anymore. I am still getting hollered at for not providing enough air cover. The fighters are no longer a controllable plane assigned to and launched from the ship that can be sent anywhere on the map and left to hang until they are destroyed or run out of ammo. They are now an area affect consumable dropped from the planes with a 60 second timer, and it is a small area. Plus there is about a 5 to 10 second delay from the time you call them to when they arrive. This means that a good CV player can see them and avoid the area well before they get there, so defensive air support isn't really a thing anymore, but non-CV players don't seem to have figured that out yet. If your ship doesn't have good AA, or if its a 4 CV game the best thing to do is stay in groups of no less than 3 ships, and you want one to have good AA, and one to have a cat fighter, preferably both.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals