• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hydrogen??

Dryoo7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Has anyone tried one of these conversion kits? I've heard good things from some of the mech. in my area. Any input? I've a 2008 4.0 Ranger.
Chuck

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Has anyone tried one of these conversion kits? I've heard good things from some of the mech. in my area. Any input? I've a 2008 4.0 Ranger.
Chuck
im not gonna say anything other than search.... theres already a half a dozen threads on TRS about these....

sun417

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hydrogen

I have not tried it yet but if you want to make one just go to motherearthnews.com they have talked and installed a buch over the last few years.
Good Luck:bye:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
not sure about about gas engines ....... but I got a friend with one on his 1985 peterbilt with a 600hp B model cat............. got 5 mpg before he installed it ...... gets over 7 mpg now ...... paid for itself in 4 months........

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Search and ye-shall find.

There are many threads about this.

Me and one of my buddies are going to be doing it to a '84 carbed 2.8L Ranger in a couple weeks. Have to get it running slightly better first.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hey man take pics on that 84, and let us know if it works well. I was thinking about trying it out on mine.

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The whole HHO gas thing is a scam. It takes more power to create the hydrogen and oxygen than you get by burning it in an ICE. As for the claim that it "improves combustion", that would be easily identifiable in the lab. The fact that nobody has made a major announcement that would reinforce this "theory" means that it's a load of BS.

Try basic physics for a change. Do you really think that using an inefficient internal combustion engine to turn an inefficient alternator to produce the power required to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen will somehow produce more energy than you put in?

I can see the arguments now. It's improving combustion efficiency, the government doesn't want you to know this secret to better fuel economy, my foil hat is too tight becasue the "man" is restricting the supply of aluminum, etc, etc. Failure to properly research and educate yourself about the inner workings is not an excuse to proclaim success on the grounds of "it just works". If you were to actually learn the physics and chemistry behind what this whole scam is proposing, you'd realize how flawed this whole setup is.

PaintBallerCali

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage

Readily-available chemical added to gas tank in small proportion improves the fuel's ability to vaporize completely by reducing the surface tension that inhibits vaporization of some fuel droplets.

Me and a few friends are trying this right now it looks like it works testing it on a few different cars so far i have noticed a slight increase 20-30 miles per tank in my 97 ranger

http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

reno

Reaction score

Readily-available chemical added to gas tank in small proportion improves the fuel's ability to vaporize completely by reducing the surface tension that inhibits vaporization of some fuel droplets.

Me and a few friends are trying this right now it looks like it works testing it on a few different cars so far i have noticed a slight increase 20-30 miles per tank in my 97 ranger

Well people are claiming anywhere from 5-40mpg increases with HHO, you say you get 20-30 increase, why not combine the 2? If you get 20-30 more miles, and built an HHO, then why should you not get 25-70miles more? might be more in the middle though, like 45 more miles to the gallon,if it works, you have a patent idea, just don't forget me :icon_thumby:.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Try basic physics for a change. Do you really think that using an inefficient internal combustion engine to turn an inefficient alternator to produce the power required to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen will somehow produce more energy than you put in?
Too bad you missed Chemistry so you could take all those extra Physics classes. The "power required to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen" is just a few amps. About the same if not less that your cigarette lighter uses. It's not like you need a nuclear reactor in the bed of the truck to pull this off.

RedRanger888

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Cool article

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Too bad you missed Chemistry so you could take all those extra Physics classes. The "power required to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen" is just a few amps. About the same if not less that your cigarette lighter uses. It's not like you need a nuclear reactor in the bed of the truck to pull this off.
Then, you're only getting a few dozen watts of power at most. 1 HP = 748 Watts. Physics works. Pay attention.

reno

Reaction score
But we are not looking for watts to the gallon, we are looking for more miles to the gallon. What, are we driving Electric cars and no one told me? When the electric car is all that is available, I believe we can worry more about Watts then.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Umm, reno, if you aren't looking for watts, how are you going to move your vehicle?

If you get no power from combustion, you're wasting your fuel. By definition.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals